Yellow/white Spots On Seedling

• Thread starter arpi75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
arpi75

arpi75

Hi all, newbie grower here, looking for a confirmation of my action..
I have a seedling that started well, but now has developed yellow/white spots

Have it in a plastic cup container with cling film over it (with some air holes)
Looking through the FAQs it looks like I made the mistake of using miracle-gro potting soil which is too hot.

What I did now was transplant into some plain soil from an empty patch in the garden, should have very little nutrients. Looks a bit clay-ey so added a good hand of perlite.

Everything looks too moist I won't use the cling film anymore. I'll follow up with progress but appreciate your thoughts.

First seedling
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
That soil looks like a bunch of rocks and it seems too wet for anything to survive, i don’t think it can survive in that enviroment you need light and airy soil or peat moss. Don’t cover it i have never covered my soil and i don’t really understand the reasoning to do that in an indoor grow. How did the roots look when you transplanted?

arpi75

arpi75

Thanks, I will use that advise for the next one. Will get some nice soil too (fox farm ocean forest) There was a taproot only, still looked sturdy enough to me. Let's see how my baby's doing tomorrow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom