Yeti Slow Groing

• Thread starter arny81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

arny81

Hi Guys one thing I have noticed about the yeti is it is a real slow grower , ive never grown anything that grows as slow . Don't get me wrong that's the only thing I can say bad about it. does anyone have any advise or know why this is, ive grown it in rockwool and coco.
cheers Arny

symbiote420

symbiote420

I found that to be the case too during my seed run but they improved once I flipped them, My keeper roots easy and vegs a lot better than it did during the seed run....... I've grown some finicky plants in my years, these are up high on the list of em!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

My outdoor plants vegged very slow. However now that flowering is started, they really blew up. Got some 12x12 yeti's.

O

OverDose

Hi Guys one thing I have noticed about the yeti is it is a real slow grower , ive never grown anything that grows as slow . Don't get me wrong that's the only thing I can say bad about it. does anyone have any advise or know why this is, ive grown it in rockwool and coco.
cheers Arny

This is not my experience with yeti at all. Actually my keeper is the fastest vegging plant I have, faster than my elmers glue, or any of my other OG crosses running at this time.

It's a pretty nice pheno looks alot like pics I see of loompas headband. The OG phenos veg slower I found.

I've grown it in coco and now strait perlite. It's a surprisingly heavy feeder

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeti's were of very poor quality for me.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
My results were about the same, just in the opposite direction. 100-200 seeds popped.

I ran them in a greenhouse that got hot. They stretched out pretty bad and the yields were just ok. Almost nobody asked for seconds, where Ancient Og and Goji og flew off the shelves. Similar plants.

It all comes down to growing ability, and preference. I didn't grow it as good as I could have, and it just wasn't my taste at all.

O

OverDose

My results were about the same, just in the opposite direction. 100-200 seeds popped.

I ran them in a greenhouse that got hot. They stretched out pretty bad and the yields were just ok. Almost nobody asked for seconds, where Ancient Og and Goji og flew off the shelves. Similar plants.

It all comes down to growing ability, and preference. I didn't grow it as good as I could have, and it just wasn't my taste at all.

Kind of not fair to call something bad because your glasshouse was too hot. You didn't grow them to their potential that's your fault.

Grown properly probably would be your taste mine reeks and tastes like liquorice and gasoline.

Goji is good sure, but is in the same class as yeti, a og x indica hybrid. In my opinion goji is very good but not better.

Just because plants stretch and don't yield donkey Dickson dosent make them shitty. If yield is a consideration probably shouldn't be growing OG...

I have long wondered about the poor reports I see rarely on loompas gear. I guessed it was probably typical growers do poorly and blame the seeds.

You should try yeti again and look for a headband dom pheno and grow it properly. Key is growing properly.

Oh and who cares if other people ask for seconds that's not a good indicator. The public is a terrible indicator of quality because most are inexperienced lightweights. Also terp profiles react with everyone differently, so what's good for some may not be for others.

Probably be fair though before you diss the seeds your environment is better. Loompas description even says they are finicky and for experienced growers. You aren't going to get good results with a hard to grow variety if you bomb the shit, simple as that. .

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yetis far from my fav og and for the price o the beans they should be.my experience with yeti was ok but ultimately not a patch on the ass of goji og.i once saw someone say that yeti was a better og than goji but I'd have to strongly disagree.to me ogeez are earthy,fuelley with a certain wee twist depending on which og but the yeti I ran didn't have fuel or earthyness just that kinda menthol you kushy taste similar to a pure kush which I'm not too keen on.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I found the Yeti F3's I ran to be one of the most touchy plants I have grown in a while. Smoke was worthy and terps were off the hook. But I will say in closing, she kept me hoppin for sure. Dang female!!!

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Kind of not fair to call something bad because your glasshouse was too hot. You didn't grow them to their potential that's your fault.

Grown properly probably would be your taste mine reeks and tastes like liquorice and gasoline.

Goji is good sure, but is in the same class as yeti, a og x indica hybrid. In my opinion goji is very good but not better.

Just because plants stretch and don't yield donkey Dickson dosent make them shitty. If yield is a consideration probably shouldn't be growing OG...

I have long wondered about the poor reports I see rarely on loompas gear. I guessed it was probably typical growers do poorly and blame the seeds.

You should try yeti again and look for a headband dom pheno and grow it properly. Key is growing properly.

Oh and who cares if other people ask for seconds that's not a good indicator. The public is a terrible indicator of quality because most are inexperienced lightweights. Also terp profiles react with everyone differently, so what's good for some may not be for others.

Probably be fair though before you diss the seeds your environment is better. Loompas description even says they are finicky and for experienced growers. You aren't going to get good results with a hard to grow variety if you bomb the shit, simple as that. .

wow, bro. Clam down. You can have your plants. I will have the ones I like. Relax. Jeeze. I have grown thousands of strains and yeti isn't even in my top 500. Period. Many of those side by side in the same green house. BTW, just an ok yield was around 6-8 units per plant, so nothing terrible, but not great either.

Top Bottom