Yield Question: Predicted And How Do You Report Your Harvest?

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

Hello Farmers,

I have always wondered about quotes from seed and clone providers about how much a given plant will yield and how people report their yields.

1. When a seed company or someone selling a given strain (clones or otherwise) say that a given plant is a heavy yielder and then quotes say 400 grams per sq. meter, does that mean 400 grams wet or 400 grams after curing?

2. When people give harvest reports are they giving their wet yield or dry/cured yields?

As a grower of 3 years that has had my share of troubles and genetic quality issues I have been frustrated as heck with yields. However, after dumping my old strain I was doing as mono culture, realizing my original plant material was probably garbage I started a new strain from seed and this time I saw what looks like a decent yield: 6.5 ounces (wet) of flower and 6.5 ounces of quality trim which yielded 2 grams of bubble which I converted to edible medicine (decarbed and processed into gel caps with an oil carrier). I have 7 more plants most of which are significantly larger than the first little Indica dominant girl to finish. I am quite excited to finally see this. these 7 girls were in a space that was about 4X4 with a 750 - 1K of light.

So from one plant I am quite encourage ending up with 2 grams of high potency oil and what will likely dry to about 3 ounces of so of grade "A" bud. one bud I harvested off the plant was the size of a couple of golf balls and weighed in wet at .65 ounce.

I am estimating based on the size of the remaining plants that I should yield about 45 - 55 ounces wet with a lot of trim oil. How are my numbers as wet harvest for 1.5 sq meters of canopy???

BTW it is a run of Cheese Quake....

Thanks,

DP

brazel

brazel

Hello Farmers,

I have always wondered about quotes from seed and clone providers about how much a given plant will yield and how people report their yields.

1. When a seed company or someone selling a given strain (clones or otherwise) say that a given plant is a heavy yielder and then quotes say 400 grams per sq. meter, does that mean 400 grams wet or 400 grams after curing?

2. When people give harvest reports are they giving their wet yield or dry/cured yields?

As a grower of 3 years that has had my share of troubles and genetic quality issues I have been frustrated as heck with yields. However, after dumping my old strain I was doing as mono culture, realizing my original plant material was probably garbage I started a new strain from seed and this time I saw what looks like a decent yield: 6.5 ounces (wet) of flower and 6.5 ounces of quality trim which yielded 2 grams of bubble which I converted to edible medicine (decarbed and processed into gel caps with an oil carrier). I have 7 more plants most of which are significantly larger than the first little Indica dominant girl to finish. I am quite excited to finally see this. these 7 girls were in a space that was about 4X4 with a 750 - 1K of light.

So from one plant I am quite encourage ending up with 2 grams of high potency oil and what will likely dry to about 3 ounces of so of grade "A" bud. one bud I harvested off the plant was the size of a couple of golf balls and weighed in wet at .65 ounce.

I am estimating based on the size of the remaining plants that I should yield about 45 - 55 ounces wet with a lot of trim oil. How are my numbers as wet harvest for 1.5 sq meters of canopy???

BTW it is a run of Cheese Quake....

Thanks,

DP
Dry

Enforcer

Enforcer

They are stating dry weight. The yield estimates are assuming you have the optimal grow environment and using 1k watt HPS lights.

Large pot or in the ground outdoor grows will blow those yield estimates out of the water.

DGP

DGP

They are stating dry weight. The yield estimates are assuming you have the optimal grow environment and using 1k watt HPS lights.

Large pot or in the ground outdoor grows will blow those yield estimates out of the water.
Thanks,

Sometimes I see folks reporting out numbers that are, well astonishing. Have been really studying what it takes to get to a more respectable yield.

I grow indoors year round but in the Spring put some outside as well. Only been growing for 3 years so I am still refining processes to get decent yields. Also, had some issues with my original genetics being rather weak so I have a strain I started from seed (Cheese Quake) 3 cycles ago and produced some of my own seed that now seems quite stable and I don't know how it happened but they all seem to come up female now which makes things a lot easier.

Hoping my basic knowledge, a little luck and a good Summer will get me ahead of my medicine needs for a while so the indoor grows aren't so critical but I want to continue to optimize there as well. I get tired of worrying I will run out.

Been sorting phenos from the first cycle to find the one plant I had that out produced all the other girls. I think I sorted it out and this cycle I have all 8 plants looking like the same pheno and all consistently big growers.

Running 750 watts of 3000 and 3500K DIY COBS over a 4X4' area in an undercurrent system for flower. Similar in veg as well but a smaller area.

D

Enforcer

Enforcer

Cheese Quake is a good one. What did you pull dry from your last harvest?

I just finished 3 White Widow plants in a 3’x3’ tent. Put 8.67oz dry into the jars. Not a gram a watt yet. But a respectable showing I think.

DGP

DGP

Cheese Quake is a good one. What did you pull dry from your last harvest?

I just finished 3 White Widow plants in a 3’x3’ tent. Put 8.67oz dry into the jars. Not a gram a watt yet. But a respectable showing I think.
Just shy of a pound dry from a single 750W HID system, ( only a little over .6gr/watt) my best data I can post right now because my 2 cycles (overlapping) that I finished in flower under LED only contained enough plants to use less than half the canopy space. Struggling to get above .5gram/watt. Been sorting out phenos for the next full grow with the room populated to maximum capacity. However each plant in the partial canopy did about 25% better than the HID run if I just compare plant count. However, since I was sorting out various phenos it isn't apples to apples. The next run with my genetics more stable should be a better metric.

I do like Cheese Quake, if you sort out the right phenos it can really produce. Still have a lot to learn in general but about this hybrid as well. It tends to make these golf ball nugs that just keep stacking on more flowers, the hardest thing was trying to tell when they were done. The nugs are very dense as well and several come off the plant close to 2 ounces wet (one nug, not the whole branch).

D

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Most growers use 'yield' to justify an added grow product. As long as they can come up with that extra 10% number. Whether it be water sugar or fertilizers weighing their bud down, lol.

What's funny to me is I don't know anyone who includes smalls/trim in their yield reports but smalls and shake is all some dispensaries sell. Thats how subjective yield claims are.

Top Bottom