You Into Fogponics?

• Thread starter mjg132
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Headfogger84

Headfogger84

For anyone curious. I came up with this contraption to limit how fast my atomizer will go bad. Yes, they can be unreliable but i have had issues with the fogger casing corroding and thus going bad but i now coat them with a good sealant and this pvc set up helps as well since the fogger does not constantly sit submerged in water. The pump pushes water up just enough to cover the fogger and when my pumps shit off so does the fogger. Leaving the atomizer xry until next cycle. Also the constant flow of fresh water helps keep the fogger temps down if there is any. This has worked great even for a first time trying it. Took me a bit to dial everything in as far as nutrients and temps go but this has been working pretty well. Next im building a thermoelectric chiller to keep temps controlled in hopes that i can switch back to my hps and zee what difference it makes. Quality is on point but dont seem to be putting on much weight. Hope to see that change in the next few weeks before its time to harvest. Fingers crossed!

20180327 123944
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

HF 84 interesting twist. Kudos

Way back when I was smitten with the idea of fogging. I had nothing but bad luck.

Over the years I experimented with HPA, DWC, and F & D. eventually, I developed a DWC starter tent, then when plants are ready to flower I move them to simple F & D. While DWC works, I knew it could be bettered. To this end I developed lpa with a twist, using hpa mist heads and a deep cycle timer so that roots get a breather between feed cycles. The pictured roots are < one month from seed, and these ar the smallest of 6 seedlings. The other 2 were pretty big males, so I removed them

See my signature should you want to check out my thread

IMG 4215

Headfogger84

Headfogger84

View attachment 788834 View attachment 788834
20180209 175420
Awesome! These plants were in a DWC that got to hot of water temps and thought certain death for sure. These pics are one week after transfer into the set up they are in now. Changed to a custom built LED panel from hps and running strictly fog and has had some interesting things going on. I will be starting out the next run with some healthier specimens to have more of a control of the outcome. For now im excited about how it looks, smells, and is developing but it sure could use some more weight. Unfortunately, the near death experiances have them renderd a bit.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

noice how few roots exiting the net potand the ball of roots some 4" below. How can the few roots up high take advantage of all the nutes in the root ball below? They can't, but you should still get a decent yield

Top Bottom