Your own database for photo's? Where?

• Thread starter DustyBowls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DustyBowls

I saw the post under this one when it comes to uploading to your database but when I clicked on the link to even deal with uploading pictures to the database all I got was error....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You mean like Dropbox, or using Google+ or even your own Cloud, like a MyCloud? Not sure what you're asking.

If you're asking about uploading pix here that are stored somewhere else, it is verboten as it breaks our SSL. Otherwise, there are many, many cloud services out there. If it were me, I'd go with (and want to go with) a MyCloud, even if it is pretty much just FTPing. It's got something FTP doesn't--GUI. :D

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

You mean like Dropbox, or using Google+ or even your own Cloud, like a MyCloud? Not sure what you're asking.

If you're asking about uploading pix here that are stored somewhere else, it is verboten as it breaks our SSL. Otherwise, there are many, many cloud services out there. If it were me, I'd go with (and want to go with) a MyCloud, even if it is pretty much just FTPing. It's got something FTP doesn't--GUI. :D
...i'm not sure what he's talking about but i think having 'albums' or 'galleries' or something here would be helpful so we wouldn't need to upload the same picture each time we wanted to post it into a thread.

...i like to help out the noobs and pictures always make learning easier and so i often use the same picture to illustrate whatever the current topic might be and with whatever noob i'm trying to help at that time, ...it's kind of a hassle having to upload the same picture multiple times.

peace, bozo

D

DustyBowls

man i simply put want to start a grow journal but cannot upload pictures. so I am moving to another site. plz delete my account. cant do it myself.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, we no longer have galleries or photo albums. I'm not sure what problems you're having, we are usually able to resolve them given a little time.

O

onavelzy

your how to: photo upload manager gives the following comment:

"Please upload all your pictures into our database, it is easier and more secure to link them into posts."

there are no instructions on how to do so. Your comments earlier in theis thread suggest that users can not upload images at all. Yet I see people using images in their posts.

Can you advise me how to do this?

O

onavelzy

your how to: photo upload manager gives the following comment:

"Please upload all your pictures into our database, it is easier and more secure to link them into posts."

there are no instructions on how to do so. Your comments earlier in theis thread suggest that users can not upload images at all. Yet I see people using images in their posts.

Can you advise me how to do this?

I'll try to get this answered again, as I would like to participate in threads and be able to show what I have grown. If it is not possible to post pictures, please let me know. If it is possible, would you please explain how to do so or direct me to a place that can explain that?

Top Bottom