Your Top 5 Indoor Strains For Beginners

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys.interested to see what your top 5 strains for beginners for there first grow.
Short flowering,mold resistance and even if they make a few mistakes the plants still do okay,and get them off to a great start...yeah its pretty much what i want to know...lol..but would help others on choosing the right plant for there grow..sorry.. i didnt bother checking to see if its been already asked..im a bit of a slack arse.hehe..

Cheers Max

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Best beginner strain I know is CH9 jack.

Grows short and trains easily. Produces big potent very much like jack Herrer buds and can bounce back easily from mistakes.

I have gotten 3 oz of killer buds off a very yellowed and spotted plant early on. Learn to grow it well and the classic high lasts for hours.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ak-47 is a hardy and potent strain I’d recommend to anyone. Sensi Star was another good one but very smelly. Green Crack and Gorilla Glue are two easy to grow strains as well. White widow also fits the bill.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi guys.interested to see what your top 5 strains for beginners for there first grow.
Short flowering,mold resistance and even if they make a few mistakes the plants still do okay,and get them off to a great start...yeah its pretty much what i want to know...lol..but would help others on choosing the right plant for there grow..sorry.. i didnt bother checking to see if its been already asked..im a bit of a slack arse.hehe..

Cheers Max
Well as long as you dont stuff them with nutes you can beat the shit out of any strain. Get your humidity/temp right and there goes mold problems for all strains. Get your lights and gasses right and that shaves time off any strain.

I dont have favorite drugs.. I treat them all equally.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Biggest mistake I see new growers make and there are a few is,

1. Doing no upfront research/homework or reading on growing anything at all.
2. Trying to grow a multiple strain run. Don't know shyt from shinola about growing even a tomato plant but will throw 5 o r 6 elite strains in a tent or a room and wonder why they are having so many problems.

I know this doesn't answer the easy strain for beginners question but even with that and having easy strains if you don't do the basics even easy to grow strains will give a newbie headaches. Just my .2 cents

the rrock

the rrock

Are you growing seed or clone? How much space(height/width) Type of lighting? Unless you have much room avoid blue dream. There are so many options, GDP,Bogs gear, Bodhi you cant go wrong

Madmax

Madmax

20180712 132732
20180712 132907
20180712 132757
Are you growing seed or clone? How much space(height/width) Type of lighting? Unless you have much room avoid blue dream. There are so many options, GDP,Bogs gear, Bodhi you cant go wrong
Hi bud.i will b growing from seed and once i have the strain that grows well for the room size ,my mate will help with growing a mom and cloning or when plants are about to go into flower room take some off those.will only b 4 in there..i had to build a room in a room lol.built walls insulated them,then bought a few sheets of 16mm thick laminated chip board.room is 5x5 veg is a little smaller than i wanted .870mmx1.5mtrs.i couldnt really build it much bigger .its near completion..lights well i wanted to go 3or 4 315s for flower but cost is up there but def know i will b using one for veg.i have phresh fans one 710cfm and one 6 315cfm,also carbon filter 304mmx570 and an smscom 4 amp fan controller.i went a little big on the extraction fan as my reasoning is they are noisy so if its running say at 30% it should be okay..this is turning into a costly exercise lol,but i dont do things by halves..

Last edited:
H

heisen

In order
Critical 2.0 (so easy @Shawnery could grow it)
No mold issues and tolerant on abuse
Pure Las Vegas triangle kush,grew well in all nutrient profiles
Northern lights another oldie but goodie
Green crack
Pakistan valley

Stay away from cookie and chem strains.to stretchy for a noob and super picky
Go with shorter bushier plants before you move on to others.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Well as long as you dont stuff them with nutes you can beat the shit out of any strain. Get your humidity/temp right and there goes mold problems for all strains. Get your lights and gasses right and that shaves time off any strain.

I dont have favorite drugs.. I treat them all equally.

Biggest mistake I see new growers make and there are a few is,

1. Doing no upfront research/homework or reading on growing anything at all.
2. Trying to grow a multiple strain run. Don't know shyt from shinola about growing even a tomato plant but will throw 5 o r 6 elite strains in a tent or a room and wonder why they are having so many problems.

I know this doesn't answer the easy strain for beginners question but even with that and having easy strains if you don't do the basics even easy to grow strains will give a newbie headaches. Just my .2 cents

In order
Critical 2.0 (so easy @Shawnery could grow it)
No mold issues and tolerant on abuse
Pure Las Vegas triangle kush,grew well in all nutrient profiles
Northern lights another oldie but goodie
Green crack
Pakistan valley

Stay away from cookie and chem strains.to stretchy for a noob and super picky
Go with shorter bushier plants before you move on to others.

All of this is incredibly valuable information for any new grower. All 3 of you nailed it on the head. Theres not really any strain in particular thats going to best for someone who hasn't done their due diligence in investigating exactly what their getting themselves into. But if the research and reading is done then anyone can tackle any strain so long as they take it easy and ask the right questions ( but search the forums and world wide webs first before asking, else you might get burnt hahaha). No matter how many additives you pour on you're not guna get donkey dicks if your environment isn't down tight and micro and macro needs of plant addressed.

hillbil

hillbil

When I first found Seedfinder, after I had been growing for years, they listed 2,200 strains with no US stuff. Now they show 13,173 so it’s a bit more confusing. But researching here and there as welll as RIU and IC will give a grower needed background for wise decisions.

Top Bottom