‘statement Of Emergency’ Declared

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Nevada running out of weed, ‘statement of emergency’ declared

Nevada's governor has endorsed a statement of emergency declared for recreational marijuana regulations, after the state's tax authority declared that many stores are running out of weed.

The Nevada Tax Commission said in a statement it will consider emergency regulations on July 13 to provide a structure for marijuana distribution to retailers. It would allow for liquor wholesalers to get in on the marijuana business.

"Based on reports of adult-use marijuana sales already far exceeding the industry’s expectations at the state’s 47 licensed retail marijuana stores, and the reality that many stores are running out of inventory, the Department must address the lack of distributors immediately," the statement said. "Some establishments report the need for delivery within the next several days."

The distribution issue is at the center of a legal fight between the state and Nevada's liquor industry, which sued to get in on the business. Nevada currently has appealed to the state's supreme court. The tax authority claimed most liquor wholesalers who have applied to distribute marijuana have yet to meet requirements to be licensed.

"The business owners in this industry have invested hundreds of millions of dollars to build facilities across the state. They have hired and trained thousands of additional employees to meet the demands of the market. Unless the issue with distributor licensing is resolved quickly, the inability to deliver product to retail stores will result in many of these people losing their jobs and will bring this nascent market to a grinding halt. A halt in this market will lead to a hole in the state’s school budget," the department said in its statement.

In an email on Tuesday, Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval's office clarified that a state of emergency is reserved for natural disasters. In this situation, a statement of emergency allows for "a prompt response to a temporary situation."

Voters approved recreational marijuana in November. Sales began on July 1 and within the first weekend, the Nevada Dispensary Association said sales were around $3 million.

Close to Utah, West Wendover is currently in the process of drafting an ordinance for marijuana sales. Mesquite recently voted to allow recreational sales at its lone dispensary.

I was wondering how to get rid of some of my reserve...going to visit some of my associates in Nevada this weekend.:cool::smoking:

Monster762

Monster762

I told people on another thread it was coming. And if everyone holds a minute the numbers you get will go up. Basic supply n demand. I don't look to ever sell any I just don't want to keep paying crazy prices for half dried bud. Tired of being charged for water weight.

Monster762

Monster762

I've said it few times on different threads careful what you put your real name in. I'd have them do any dealings. It could also be a government fishing trip. They are well aware that it will draw some decent sized fish right to them.

indicabush

indicabush

I've always enjoyed fishing trips...Ha,ha,ha..so if I'm not back by Sunday night, well free room/board and health benefits paid by whoever ( I'm a senior, so that's how I see it).

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Oregon patients advocacy lawyers are lobbying the governor now to allow an immediate relief effort: ORLOMGWB/NATCM (Over-Regulated Left-Out Medical Growers Without Borders / Not Afraid to Taunt the Cole Memo). Pending her expected approval later tonight after a Portland City Club mixer featuring postmodernist orchestral farting, we're loading C-130s with everything we can't schlep through the thousands of dispensaries here. Shipments will be dispatched from 5 undisclosed rural airports around the state, and inventory will be offered first by age and then by grade (because we know you don't really give a fuck so long as it's not too brown).

Edit- don't pm me cause we already have more than we know what to do with. I've never seen so many dusty old hefty bags. I mean some of this shit looks like my great grandad grew it and schlepped it over here on a moldy boat from the old country.

Edit 2 - oh but you guys in Vegas will love it. And if not just sell it all to the tourists. Ever heard of BHO? CO2? We can take up a collection and bring you a second shipment of used extraction gear that's illegal here now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom