‘the Smoking Car’: Cdot Trying Something Different At 4/20 Events

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
State transportation officials are unveiling a non-traditional campaign to keep pot smokers from getting behind the wheel during the traditional day to celebrate weed.

The “2015 Drive High, Get a DUI” push is on for the days around April 20. Known as 4/20, the day is regarded as the high holy day for pot smoking.

Pot PSAs
“Good to Know”: Colorado marijuana education ads take folksy angle with rhyming ads and … hoedown music?

Dude, where’s my billboard? Weed ad’s big unveiling hits snag

Watch The Cannabist Show. Follow The Cannabist on Twitter and Facebook

The tactics used by the Colorado Department of Transportation for the 4/20 weekend are “sure to reignite the marijuana safety conversation in Colorado,” said CDOT spokesman Sam Cole.

They include:

• The Smoking Car — Over the 4/20 weekend in Denver, and in Boulder and Fort Collins over the summer, the “smoking car” will pop up at large events. The car fills with smoke as if people are getting high inside.

But the smoke quickly dissipates showing the message “Drive High, Get a DUI” in neon lights. CDOT staff members will be on hand to control the smoke, said Cole. Meanwhile, the “smoking car” serves as a visual reminder that marijuana and vehicles don’t mix well, Cole said.

• End Game Arcade — CDOT is installing an arcade game at seven marijuana dispensaries throughout the state. The game appears to be a classic racing game, but when users attempt to play, a CDOT public service announcement reminds them that driving high is illegal.

Players are offered alternative games to play.

• Cannabis Cup — On Saturday and Sunday, CDOT will be at the Cannabis Cup — an event that draws nearly 40,000 marijuana enthusiasts. As attendees line up in the morning, CDOT will distribute snacks branded with marijuana safety messages. CDOT is also hosting a booth that features a list of activities people can do while high, reminding people that driving isn’t one of them.

• Cannabis Quiz Cab — Cannabis Cup attendees can be driven home by the Yellow Cab Ztrip van for a chance to play the Cannabis Quiz Cab. Participants will answer trivia questions while riding in the Quiz Cab for the chance to win up to $100 in Ztrip credits to be used toward future rides. The trivia questions will be related to marijuana laws in Colorado, with each correct answer worth a ride credit.

Monte Whaley: 720-929-0907, [email protected] or twitter.com/montewhaley

This story was first published on DenverPost.com

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/04/15/cdot-420-events-dui-awareness-public-education/33293/

S

SoiledMyself

I was asked by a CO State patroller to perform a roadside sobriety check for driving under the influence of Cannabis the routine I was asked to do was utterly insane the difference between us and a $5,000 dui comes down to things like this........ Put your head back, Close your eyes and estimate 30 seconds <----- are you kidding me.......passed with flying colors a few gummis and a joint deep lofl, This is my medicine I told the cop I use it daily in the morning and evening why am I being harassed for it???

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I was asked by a CO State patroller to perform a roadside sobriety check for driving under the influence of Cannabis the routine I was asked to do was utterly insane the difference between us and a $5,000 dui comes down to things like this........ Put your head back, Close your eyes and estimate 30 seconds <----- are you kidding me.......passed with flying colors a few gummis and a joint deep lofl, This is my medicine I told the cop I use it daily in the morning and evening why am I being harassed for it???

Cause they can... Cause there dicks, Cause they wanna steal everything you got.. the list could go on :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom