What is Beasters aka BC Bud?

• Thread starter Highkev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highkev

So does anyone out there still see this stuff?

I've heard that Beasters means cheap/bad weed, but Google searching it says Beasters if top quality and has high THC. Clearly one side has it wrong. What makes Beasters "Beasters" weed?

F

FrostyleavesLA

What does Beasters mean?​

The term "Beasters" is used to describe low-quality, commercial marijuana that typically originates from British Columbia. Beasters are typically lower in THC content and have a more harsh taste than other types of cannabis. Despite their inferior quality, beasters are still popular among some marijuana users due to their relatively low price.

Where did the term beasters come from?​

As a result of the Vietnam war, many cannabis plants arrived in Canada, and they were soon planted in fertile areas like Vancouver Island, Fraser Valley, and Okanagan. As a result of these crops, high-quality, potent, flavorful cannabis bud developed. Like so many other cannabis terms, “BC Bud” eventually became “beasters.”

During the 1990s, beasters were believed to be Canada's brick weed, described as a hybrid of Northern Lights and Skunk that was poorly grown, poorly managed, and poorly harvested. Despite their poor taste and potency, these early beasters were still an improvement over the cannabis coming from Mexico, which tended to be dry, full of seeds and twigs, and lacking flavor and potency.

How does Beasters differ from modern weed?​

Beasters usually have the following characteristics:
  • Cheaper, mass-produced
  • Very dense due to lack of curing
  • Very hairy
  • Little trichome presence
  • Lower THC quantity
  • Cheap and affordable

Last edited by a moderator:
G

G3n3tiK

Beasters is just low THC commercial schwag weed. Don't smoke it because it sucks. It's not real cannabis, it's just a cheap knock-off. You're better off smoking regular old schwag weed than Beasters. Save your money and don't buy this terrible product.

J

JohnTheDank

Beasters is a type of weed that is known for being low quality and not very potent. So why would you want to smoke Beasters when there are other options available for the same price? Well, the answer is simple - because Beasters is easy to find and it's cheap. If you're looking for a quick fix and don't care about the quality of your cannabis, then Beasters is a good option. However, if you're looking for something stronger and more potent, you'll need to look elsewhere.

H

Hush581

As a commercial weed, beasters are allegedly from British Columbia, but they could be produced anywhere in the world where they are producing metric tons of marijuana for profit. This is usually a very dense marijuana due to the lack of curing, very hairy, and with little substance or trichomes. It is produced and turned over at a very high rate by the people producing it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Everyday, it's all I smoke lol.

What happened was 10-20 years ago almost all BC pot was exported to the US across the border to Washington state. Once Washington, Colorado, and other states started going legal and growing their own, there was much less demand for our exports. We saw a massive drop in price per pound, from 2800-3000 CDN down to about 13-1400 in the run of about 2 years. Never did go back up.

At that time, roughly 5-7 years ago, BC had a massive supply but no place to sell it. That's when grey market dispensaries started popping up like toadstools all over Canada. You can guess where the beasters went then.

And now the Canadian govt is trying to put the final nail in the coffin for ol' BC bud.

At one time pot was the largest export commodity in BC valued at well over 7 Billion a year. More than Pulp and lumber exports combined.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm curious, when you guys say beasters, was it all the same strain? Because I know there was a particular cut of purple kush that heavily dominated BC bud exports for sure. But the exporters I knew bought up anything and everything being grown, it could have been hashplant, Dutch treat, Durban poison, Champagne, crystal palace, purple kush, double-0, the purps,... There were tons of different strains being exported as "BC Bud".

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm curious, when you guys say beasters, was it all the same strain? Because I know there was a particular cut of purple kush that heavily dominated BC bud exports for sure. But the exporters I knew bought up anything and everything being grown, it could have been hashplant, Dutch treat, Durban poison, Champagne, crystal palace, purple kush, double-0, the purps,... There were tons of different strains being exported as "BC Bud".

It was never my own hookup so i never fpund out strain names. I dealt in the local skunk then. But it could be different each year or even shipments in the same year could be different.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It was only ok weed compared to the skunk 6. But it was always effective. Not like dispensary and cash cropped weed from out newer “legal” market in america. Looks like it should be ok but doesnt even get you high and has a 25% thc label.

Lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It was only ok weed compared to the skunk 6. But it was always effective. Not like dispensary and cash cropped weed from out newer “legal” market in america. Looks like it should be ok but doesnt even get you high and has a 25% thc label.

Lol.
Yeah, I cant argue. The real good stuff never left BC lol. Most of the export pot was from huge cash croppers just looking to get rich quick.

H

Highkev

Ya we had a bunch of bc bud come through my way it was slightly different all the time but was all labeled bc or beasters . Some of it was really good with a very nice fruity pebbles taste and smell. Then other smelled and tasted like someone washed it through the washing machine with extra detergent lol. Super hard right bugs with extra extra frost. At that time I was getting my buddy’s local outdoor. I liked it much better cause of the very powerful high.

H

Highkev

I once got a bean from the bc bud. I grew it outside gorilla style and it came out even better. Super healthy. My buddy’s said he likes harder compact buds. Which made me think about asking you guys about the bc bud to see if it was still out there. Surprised by all the info And the history behind the legendary bc bud

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I once got a bean from the bc bud. I grew it outside gorilla style and it came out even better. Super healthy. My buddy’s said he likes harder compact buds. Which made me think about asking you guys about the bc bud to see if it was still out there. Surprised by all the info And the history behind the legendary bc bud

A lot of that bud hardness could be credited to the way it was packaged for transport. The guys I knew would smuggle it south in hidden compartments, I wont spill all the details, but they moved 200 pounds per load, once every week. And to fit the most they could and avoid smell detection, the pot got vacuum sealed to the point of compaction and it made the bud super dense after a few days of transporting. Funny enough, getting the weed down there was the easy part, getting the money back was trickier. Drug dogs can smell cocaine on large amounts of money so it all had to be vacuum sealed too.
I remember money jumper vehicles with a quarter million dollars packed into some very small, and very unsuspecting places. Places that would blow your freaking mind, you would never in a million years think to look for it there. Nothing was smuggled under door panels or inside tires, put it that way.

Ahh, the good dope days lol. That ship has sailed.. Sad to see what it has deteriorated into. Canada had an excellent opportunity with legalization to showcase a province which actually founded a green revolution and was renowned worldwide for quality bud production. Instead they seem hellbent on shutting it down for good so that their buddies with shitty greenhouses can try and cash in. Fuck them.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Beasters, from what I understand, was M39 chopped early and mostly packaged wet to export. Why it usually smelled like hay but was frosty. As far as a particular strain. Prob some huge commercial op(s). That wasn't all beasters but what known as "beasters" cause of the qual and smell. It was pretty consistent. I mean the same could be said for mexi swag. Growing up in Texas mexi swag was crazy cheap and no bullshit depending on who you got it through some of the stuff held a flame to the stuff people pump out nowadays. Point being when you say swag you think of the brown lbs with tons of seeds and old license plates stuck in the middle of bricks. Some of the stuff we got wasnt really bricked hard, green and maybe a handful of seeds. But when i say swag i think of dirty weed that would give me a headache. Same with beasters.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Beasters, from what I understand, was M39 chopped early and mostly packaged wet to export. Why it usually smelled like hay but was frosty. As far as a particular strain. Prob some huge commercial op(s). That wasn't all beasters but what known as "beasters" cause of the qual and smell. It was pretty consistent. I mean the same could be said for mexi swag. Growing up in Texas mexi swag was crazy cheap and no bullshit depending on who you got it through some of the stuff held a flame to the stuff people pump out nowadays. Point being when you say swag you think of the brown lbs with tons of seeds and old license plates stuck in the middle of bricks. Some of the stuff we got wasnt really bricked hard, green and maybe a handful of seeds. But when i say swag i think of dirty weed that would give me a headache. Same with beasters.

Jesus, I hope that wasnt actually pot from BC. Not many people I knew grew M39, that strain is much more commonly grown outdoors back east in provinces like Ontario and Quebec. Everything I ever saw leave BC was at least very decent quality. Sometimes excellent quality. Hardly ever outdoor grown hay smelling pot. Although there were outdoor crops for sure, but from BC it was usually seawarp, seaweed, timewarp, mighty mite.. etc.. But the vast majority exported was indoor PK.

Top Bottom