“How can i tell the difference between a male and a female plant and when do I separate?”

• Thread starter KingsCropCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

hit it with 12 hr light 12 hr dark ! flower it
I am doing this now as I am on day 6 of seedlings with my 7 week flowering grow, as in the same tent, seedlings were stretching so I put them in the tent,Wow.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
How long would you say to hit it with 12/12 before sex shows? 2days? 5?
and Can you go back to 18/6 Veg after that ??
All strains are different, but mine usually start showing pistils at week 3 of 12/12. Regardless, do it until you see them. Then go full on veg lighting (24/24 or 18/6). It will reveg. It slows the plant down, but it works.

That said, you don't really need to do all that. I always tell people to do it because it's too easy to miss the early natural sex signs.
If you check at the nodes at about 6 weeks old, you will see ONE little ball. Actually, it's a calix. It will throw a hair or not. No hair, it's a male. Two hairs (pistils) and it's a girl. You have to watch it practically every day or you'll miss it.

This is what it looks like.
cannabis-preflowers-diagram.jpg

Peace.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

All strains are different, but mine usually start showing pistils at week 3 of 12/12. Regardless, do it until you see them. Then go full on veg lighting (24/24 or 18/6). It will reveg. It slows the plant down, but it works.

That said, you don't really need to do all that. I always tell people to do it because it's too easy to miss the early natural sex signs.
If you check at the nodes at about 6 weeks old, you will see ONE little ball. Actually, it's a calix. It will throw a hair or not. No hair, it's a male. Two hairs (pistils) and it's a girl. You have to watch it practically every day or you'll miss it.

Peace.
Thanks brother. Is there a big deal of going 24/0 vs 18/6? Does the plant need to recoup during the dark cycle? What have you seen? Ive been reading that a 24/0 has really no significance as far as crop vs 18/6 or 20/4 it just jamms up your electric bills. In your experience what have you noticed and what do you do?

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Peace.
Its on wk 1 of 12/12 This one was from Feminized so it should be female I am hoping cus I read about plants changing gender or hermaphroditic issues. Like you said its gonna take a few wks.

C6839F4B 5AA5 498C A8DB B04F175A295B
AEF820B9 604A 43E0 8608 7EFC6AAD45E3
Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

and this one GG #4 was regular the largest of 3 so I was hoping for a male or one male atleast to interbreed with the Cafe (iam hoping) I have. There is another I wanna get from Gelato but I gotta wait. 12-12 still like you said till they show me “whoomp there it is”

B4DB9D9D FC46 4502 9D79 CA930F27F9B0
AD1E4C63 96E4 49E6 9D13 F384B6472105
BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
The hard part about sexing plants is having patience. If you have balls, you have to wait to see it hairs grow out of them. If no hairs, then it's a male. If it's a female, you'll see two hairs growing out of the balls.

In your case, I don't see any balls yet, so it's a waiting game. Check every node for balls. They usually only come out at one node (both sides of the stalk). Female balls can be *very tiny.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

The hard part about sexing plants is having patience. If you have balls, you have to wait to see it hairs grow out of them. If no hairs, then it's a male. If it's a female, you'll see two hairs growing out of the balls.

In your case, I don't see any balls yet, so it's a waiting game. Check every node for balls. They usually only come out at one node (both sides of the stalk). Female balls can be *very tiny.
Is that a little thing a ball or is
it still to soon to tell? Its only been 10days 12/12.

C88C32CC 259C 4E02 84ED 763DD230F7D4

Latest posts

Top Bottom