“Sour Diesel“ has no smell ?

• Thread starter 845dudey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
845dudey

845dudey

This is my first grow, I got some sour diesel seeds off of some bank in Cali.
(Can’t even find the email now)
The buds look nice… I think -but have literally zero smell.
Do you think this looks like sour?
Did I get ripped off?
help me out.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That’s where “from seed” comes into play. Reg or fem seeds? You will see many different expressions of different phenos when growing from seed. One thing I can say is, there are plenty of breeders, so we’ll known, here on the farm that would be more than happy to get you some legit genetics. Happy grows.
burnz

Ponky

Ponky

I've had clones that stink. And I've had no stink all the way to week 6 of flower. Means nothing.

TSD

TSD

In my experience, they start to stink the closer you are to harvest, that's when all those nice terpenes start to really develop. I grow outdoors and mine had a faint smell, but when I watered or pruned, they smelled more. You honestly can't tell much by the smell of the live plant, I'd wager once it's dried and properly cured it will have that pungent aroma you're looking for.

845dudey

845dudey

That’s where “from seed” comes into play. Reg or fem seeds? You will see many different expressions of different phenos when growing from seed. One thing I can say is, there are plenty of breeders, so we’ll known, here on the farm that would be more than happy to get you some legit genetics. Happy grows.
burnz
They were fem, appreciate it!

845dudey

845dudey

In my experience, they start to stink the closer you are to harvest, that's when all those nice terpenes start to really develop. I grow outdoors and mine had a faint smell, but when I watered or pruned, they smelled more. You honestly can't tell much by the smell of the live plant, I'd wager once it's dried and properly cured it will have that pungent aroma you're looking for.
They were harvested today and immediately during trimming they started smelling very sweet. Curious strain. I bet you’re right

SmootherDays

SmootherDays

Your probably right..it should have that diesel smell..
could it be a feed issue? I've had the smells disappear in mine when they where having issues, and then come back strong after they are corrected

845dudey

845dudey

could it be a feed issue? I've had the smells disappear in mine when they where having issues, and then come back strong after they are corrected
Came to the educated guess I didn’t get sour seeds, the smelliest of jars is pretty dank but it’s sweet smelling. Buds came out pretty well! just not the strain I ordered. @DankNugz420 was right, as soon as I started the trim they started to wreak.

FrankWhite41

FrankWhite41

Deff not real sour d. Any and every sour d stinks from veg through harvest. If you want real diesels grab some top dawg crosses and hunt, or Reserva Privada best diesels I've grown from seed or grab some good clones from reputable source of diesel genetics. It's very hard to pull that old school diesel dank from anything these days. Takes a few runs of trying diff things and finding the ones. Sulfur is a key element. As long as I've been growing I've always had some diesel in the lineup. It's my#1 Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom