★first Grow★ Led ● Coco Coir ● Autoflower ● Closet Grow

• Thread starter FOURMOST
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Hello! My first grow has started, I recently received my seeds in the mail from Nirvana seeds and are currently germinating at the moment. Here is a list of what I'm working with.
● (5) Blueberry Kush Autoflower feminized seeds.
● 2ft X 3ft X 5ft Vivosun grow tent.
● (1) 600watt Viparspectra LED full spectrum light.
Canna coco coir bricks
● (2) 5 Gallon pots
General Hydroponics Flora bloom, micro, grow nutrients.
General Hydroponics CalMag
Vivosun Charcoal carbon filter
● Active Air 400 CFM inline fan + Active air fan speed adjuster

Seeds haven't been germinating for long, at the time that I'm typing this, they have been germinating for about 10 hours or so. The seeds are smaller than I expected so I hope they sprout.
My exhaust fan didn't really slide into the carbon filter being that they are both the exact same dimensions (6") and I didn't really order an attachment of some sort to attach them together and to avoid wrapping them together with tape I simply used ducting to attach them together which meant I had to leave the fan outside the tent rather than inside because I only had 2 clamps. I didn't really want to postpone the grow another day and to avoid running to home depot again I set it up like this.

I will for sure change the exhaust fan set up for the next grow, so that the fan is inside the tent. It was a pain to build the tent inside the closet but I managed, and it ended up fitting in it quite nicely.

I had initially bought 3 gallon pots but then I just decided to go with the 5 gallon pots instead. Some people might say that it's too much for an autoflower but my logic was, if grown outside the whole planet would be the plants pot. I'm sure it'll do just fine in a 5 gallon pot.
I have 1 little fan for air circulation inside the tent but I do have a second one if needed. I have opened up the bottom vent flaps on the tent for negative air pressure intake.

▸I can't seem to add images for some reason let me know how to do so please

Last edited:
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Congrats on starting your first grow! One thing I always like to recommend to new (or any) growers, if they have a way to do so, is to grow other types of plants along with your Girls. When I started I didn't like to try anything new for fear I'd screw something up beyond repair. Now that I've been gardening for awhile I see it as a great way to try something new, IE a certain pruning or topping technique. Being December and all, it's difficult to go outside and start a garden in the ground right meow. But even just growing something like Catnip, Lemon Balm, Lemongrass, rosemary, etc. can give you something to experiment with, and in the cases of the plants just mentioned, they can also help deter creepy crawlies that may want to bite into your babies!
I had initially bought 3 gallon pots but then I just decided to go with the 5 gallon pots instead. Some people might say that it's too much for an autoflower but my logic was, if grown outside the whole planet would be the plants pot. I'm sure it'll do just fine in a 5 gallon pot.

I can see why you would think that, but it's a little more complicated than that.
What are you using to sprout the seeds in? alot of peeps use the Paper towel method, I just go straight into soil... Some people say putting a seed into a pre-amended bag soil like Foxfarms Ocean Forest (good stuff) is a bad idea because the soil is too hot for the emerging seedling, but I've not once encountered burn from planting right into Ocean Forest. I'm not sure how much research you've done, but a myth thats been spread among forums is that you can't transplant auto's, which is not the case at all. However, you do want to be as gentle as possible when doing it.
It's generally not recommended to plant straight into a 5 gallon container, especially when you'r just beginning since you don't have experience with how the soil reacts to certain things. Being that a seedling is so small, it doesn't take up very much water at all, and a 5 gallon pot can hold alot of water. So when you water your seedling, if you soak the whole container, it'll take a long time for the plant to take up all that water, and for the rest to evaporate. sitting in over moist media for too long can lead to bad things, IE the plant Damping off and dying. Coco has decent aeration so that's a plus, but I would recommend starting off in a smaller pot if you have the option. Even just a solo cup would work great! just remember to poke drainage holes
My exhaust fan didn't really slide into the carbon filter being that they are both the exact same dimensions (6") and I didn't really order an attachment of some sort to attach them together and to avoid wrapping them together with tape I simply used ducting to attach them together which meant I had to leave the fan outside the tent rather than inside because I only had 2 clamps. I didn't really want to postpone the grow another day and to avoid running to home depot again I set it up like this.
Just so ya know, you can use Zip-ties to help keep your ducting from coming off.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

▸I can't seem to add images for some reason let me know how to do so please
  1. Click on Upload File (next to post reply under the place you type to respond)
    Kfkfkdps
  2. a window should pop up that looks like this
    Ttttt
  3. find the file you want to upload and click open
  4. Under the type window, you should see something like this
    Jdasjda
  5. If you only have one picture, just click "full image" next to it and it will put the picture where you're typing. If you have multiple images, at the top it will give you the option to "insert every image as a Full image"
  6. Gtr

CannabisPoster4000 1024x680
Erargr
FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Hey, so it has been 7 days since I planted two Autoflower blueberry kush feminized seeds into 5 gallon pots of coco. I water them once a day using a 1liter bottle of PHd water. Throughout the day I keep the coco around the plant wet in order to keep the humidity above 50%. Temperatures fluctuate between 75°-84F° and currently running my 600watt viparspectra LED 24/7 at approximately 32" above the pots.

Let me know what you think. Do they look healthy? Sorry I will post more pictures tomorrow.

20171225 024907
20171225 024917
20171225 024810
FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Alright so it seems I can no longer edit my original post soo I'll just continue posting on the thread. Anyways I started Germination on DEC 18 2017 and planted the germinated seed into a 5 gallon pot of coco coir (Canna coco) on DEC 19 2017. The feminized Autoflower seed came from Nirvana seeds and the strain is Blueberry Kush.

Initially #BBK2 was the seed that cracked first and sprouted quickly on its own. I was worried that #BBK1 wasn't going to sprout so I carefully dug into the coco to find out if it had died or something and it looked like it was having trouble kicking the shell of the seed off so I helped it a bit and now appears to be the healthiest of the two, at least in my eyes. #BBK1 is taller and the leaves look so much greener and thicker than #BBK2

So my set up is simple. A 2ft x 3ft x 5ft grow tent in my closet. Small fan for air circulation, 6 inch carbon filter and 6 inch inline fan, using negative pressure for intake so both vent flaps at the bottom of the tent are open. My 600watt viparspectra LED light is at 30" from the surface of the coco and running 24/7 with only the Veg switch enabled. I currently lowered the lights couple inches to 30" from 32" because the temperature in the tent dropped to a low 75°F.

I've been watering once a day with a 1 liter bottle of PHd water.When I water I roughly use about a cup of water per plant. The rest of the water is used to moisten the coco and keep the humidity up. I know the roots on the plants aren't long enough to reach the water I spray on the coco around the plant so I'm confident I haven't overwatered by trying to keep the humidity up.

I've only been giving the plants tap water PHd at 6.0-6.5. My tap water PPM is at 120-130.
Should I wait one more week before trying to feed some calmag? When do you guys think I should start feeding nutrients?

20171226 140410
20171226 140242
20171226 140750
20171226 140932
20171226 141019
B

Bigbonez1984

Alright so it seems I can no longer edit my original post soo I'll just continue posting on the thread. Anyways I started Germination on DEC 18 2017 and planted the germinated seed into a 5 gallon pot of coco coir (Canna coco) on DEC 19 2017. The feminized Autoflower seed came from Nirvana seeds and the strain is Blueberry Kush.

Initially #BBK2 was the seed that cracked first and sprouted quickly on its own. I was worried that #BBK1 wasn't going to sprout so I carefully dug into the coco to find out if it had died or something and it looked like it was having trouble kicking the shell of the seed off so I helped it a bit and now appears to be the healthiest of the two, at least in my eyes. #BBK1 is taller and the leaves look so much greener and thicker than #BBK2

So my set up is simple. A 2ft x 3ft x 5ft grow tent in my closet. Small fan for air circulation, 6 inch carbon filter and 6 inch inline fan, using negative pressure for intake so both vent flaps at the bottom of the tent are open. My 600watt viparspectra LED light is at 30" from the surface of the coco and running 24/7 with only the Veg switch enabled. I currently lowered the lights couple inches to 30" from 32" because the temperature in the tent dropped to a low 75°F.

I've been watering once a day with a 1 liter bottle of PHd water.When I water I roughly use about a cup of water per plant. The rest of the water is used to moisten the coco and keep the humidity up. I know the roots on the plants aren't long enough to reach the water I spray on the coco around the plant so I'm confident I haven't overwatered by trying to keep the humidity up.

I've only been giving the plants tap water PHd at 6.0-6.5. My tap water PPM is at 120-130.
Should I wait one more week before trying to feed some calmag? When do you guys think I should start feeding nutrients?
They look good but I would do 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off to let them get a little down time that's when they grow the best is at night. They suck up energy in the day and grow at night

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

They look good but I would do 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off to let them get a little down time that's when they grow the best is at night. They suck up energy in the day and grow at night
Yeah I was going to do 18/6 but i forgot all about getting a timer. I'll use a timer on the next grow I suppose, I read somewhere that once your plants get set on a light schedule you aren't suppose to change it because it'll stunt their growth or stress them out. What do you think?

MW7945

MW7945

You might run into issues with planting them into a 5 gallon pot, but hopefully not. Going to make watering interesting

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

You might run into issues with planting them into a 5 gallon pot, but hopefully not. Going to make watering interesting
I agree because the pot is soo big there is no run off so it's kinda hard to tell if theres still water in the coco or not. I mean is the water that isn't being consumed by the plant dissipating?

MW7945

MW7945

I agree because the pot is soo big there is no run off so it's kinda hard to tell if theres still water in the coco or not. I mean is the water that isn't being consumed by the plant dissipating?

The problem is you'll soon start feeding with higher nutrients. So you'll basically have to water until runoff every time to make sure salt isn't building up (or it'll be a nightmare fighting your pH). And you don't want coco to dry out. I started in a small probably 4x4x4 plastic container and moved into a 3 gallon once the roots were too big for the small container. You could probably even get by with a 1-2 gallon if you're watering multiple times a day.

Realistically you may see stunted growth as your roots will constantly be trying to expand outward. This is what my roots looked like when I moved them to the 3 gallons

10 19 17 2
FOURMOST

FOURMOST

The problem is you'll soon start feeding with higher nutrients. So you'll basically have to water until runoff every time to make sure salt isn't building up (or it'll be a nightmare fighting your pH). And you don't want coco to dry out. I started in a small probably 4x4x4 plastic container and moved into a 3 gallon once the roots were too big for the small container. You could probably even get by with a 1-2 gallon if you're watering multiple times a day.

Realistically you may see stunted growth as your roots will constantly be trying to expand outward. This is what my roots looked like when I moved them to the 3 gallons
O dang that's a lotta roots. I read somewhere to start autoflowers in the final pot to avoid transplanting

newh

newh

I put my autos in 7 gallon buckets of coco right from the start.I water till runoff with a low ec nute mix before I put the germed seed in. It is a bit tricky with the watering the first little bit but once they get goin it feed as normal.I think with the autos you dont want any days with no growth it makes the yield less.This is Critical Plus Auto done with no transplant

20170108 072926
newh

newh

theyre gonna be hungry soon start at maybe quarter strength

newh

newh

keep the coco moist,even with the small plants its hard to overwater.As long as your not feeding alot theres no buildup of nutes

newh

newh

Yeah I was going to do 18/6 but i forgot all about getting a timer. I'll use a timer on the next grow I suppose, I read somewhere that once your plants get set on a light schedule you aren't suppose to change it because it'll stunt their growth or stress them out. What do you think?
the autos dont care about being in the dark they grow just fine.Ive done a few without ever shutting the light off

Top Bottom