★first Grow★ Led ● Coco Coir ● Autoflower ● Closet Grow

• Thread starter FOURMOST
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Yeah I was going to do 18/6 but i forgot all about getting a timer. I'll use a timer on the next grow I suppose, I read somewhere that once your plants get set on a light schedule you aren't suppose to change it because it'll stunt their growth or stress them out. What do you think?
I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't think it would stress em out at all. There have been hundreds of myths propagated during the dark ages of cannabis cultivation. I would suggest getting a timer if you can. In nature, the light cycle is always changing, slowly, but still changing. The way I see it, Plants evolved to use their dark period to "sleep"... I would think taking that away would likely cause more stress than they would ever grow through with a light cycle change.
O dang that's a lotta roots. I read somewhere to start autoflowers in the final pot to avoid transplanting
That's a myth, however, you do want to be careful when transplanting to avoid transplant shock. You can transplant autos with little to zero shock, I do that by directly setting the plant (while still in it's 1 gallon fabric pot) into a 5 gallon pot after the roots have filled most of the smaller pot.

However, that doesn't mean people haven't messed up their auto when transplanting, but I don't believe the failure was 100% due to the plant being autoflower and being transplanted.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

the autos dont care about being in the dark they grow just fine.Ive done a few without ever shutting the light off
True! I've done that myself... although I've been wanting to do a light cycle experiment with autos for the last couple years to see how they respond differently to 24/0, 20/4, and 18/6. Now that we've moved I finally think I have the space to do it! The shit thing is you can't count out Genetic variation or different Phenos since you can't clone auto's. There's always tissue culture but that shit ain't cheap!

newh

newh

True! I've done that myself... although I've been wanting to do a light cycle experiment with autos for the last couple years to see how they respond differently to 24/0, 20/4, and 18/6. Now that we've moved I finally think I have the space to do it! The shit thing is you can't count out Genetic variation or different Phenos since you can't clone auto's. There's always tissue culture but that shit ain't cheap!
Dont do 12/12 tried that lol,made good smoke but really larfy and low yield.My best results are 20/4 or 24/0.If your looking for autos that are consistent try Dinafem.The XXL series they have is kick ass.I had ok luck with Humbolt Seed Organization.I have these Buddah Seeds too I like alot

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Dont do 12/12 tried that lol,made good smoke but really larfy and low yield.My best results are 20/4 or 24/0.If your looking for autos that are consistent try Dinafem.The XXL series they have is kick ass.I had ok luck with Humbolt Seed Organization.I have these Buddah Seeds too I like alot
Good lookin out! I've heard of a couple people that have had good luck with Dinafem Autos. I haven't tried any from HSO or Budhha either, I'll have to give em a try when I can afford it. 2017 was a rough year for My Mom and I, between medical bills and living expenses we're still trying to catch up financially so it'll be awhile before I can get any new beans. Out of necessity I managed to get myself 3 Purple Mazar Auto Regular seeds that I'm counting on to produce seeds for me, I'm hoping like hell I dont end up with 3 of the same sex, I know that's unlikely but the luck of the Irish isn't all good lol

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Alright bois, it's day 14 and the growth is noticable. Yesterday was the first nutrient feeding and I mixed 1tsp of calmag+ 1/4 tsp of flora bloom + 1/4 tsp of flora micro + 1/4 tsp of flora grow into a one gallon jug of tap water and then I PHd the mixture at around 6.0-6.5.
I poured some of the mixture into a solo cup and slowly fed about one cup of the mixture to each of them.
I was watering with PHd plain water everyday but I want to wait and see how the plants take yesterdays feeding before I feed again. I still use PHd water to spray the coco and keep humidity up.

I also recently moved the light as high as I possibly could because I noticed some upward curling going on with some of the leaves.

What do you guys think? How long should I wait before I feed again?

Last edited:
newh

newh

Alright bois, it's day 14 and the growth is noticable. Yesterday was the first nutrient feeding and I mixed 1tsp of calmag+ 1/4 tsp of flora bloom + 1/4 tsp of flora micro + 1/4 tsp of flora grow into a one gallon jug of tap water and then I PHd the mixture at around 6.0-6.5.
I poured some of the mixture into a solo cup and slowly fed about one cup of the mixture to each of them.
I was watering with PHd plain water everyday but I want to wait and see how the plants take yesterdays feeding before I feed again. I still use PHd water to spray the coco and keep humidity up.

I also recently moved the light as high as I possibly could because I noticed some upward curling going on with some of the leaves.

What do you guys think? How long should I wait before I feed again?
give her another cup in the morning

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Alright bois, it's the 21st day since they first sprouted from the coconut coir and as far as I can see they are looking pretty healthy but I wouldn't know so let me know if y'all see any deficiencies and such.

So far I've kept the light running 24/7 on the VEG switch. I keep temperatures no lower than 75°f and no higher than 82°f. I spray the coconut coir daily to keep it as humid as possible. As far as feeding/nutrients goes, I've fed about a Solo cup of nutes a day per plant. Tonight was actually the first time I fed about 1 1/4 cups of nutes to each plant just because they seem to be growing so much. I mix up a gallon of water with 1/4 TSP of Flora micro, gro, and bloom + 1 TSP of calmag. Then I PH everything down to 6.0-6.5. Theres growth going on all over the plants so I figured I feed a tiny bit more and see how they take it. I don't want to overfeed so I'll take it slow.

What you guys think? Should I top them or just let these autos grow wildly and use low stress training instead?

newh

newh

lookin good,I never top autos but others do thats up to you.Are you watering/feeding enough to keep the whole pot wet or getting runoff?

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

lookin good,I never top autos but others do thats up to you.Are you watering/feeding enough to keep the whole pot wet or getting runoff?
I haven't seen any run off tbh. I feel I'd drown the plant if i water the 5 gallon pot enough to see runoff

newh

newh

If your not getting a runoff at least some of the time your gonna get a nutrient buildup which is bad.On top of that theres gonna be too dry pockets of coco which is also bad,if the coco is dry the roots wont go there if theres roots and it dries the roots die.You dont need a ton of runoff maybe 10% of input and once a week maybe 20% of input,as time goes by you will get a feel for it.And dont let the plants sit in the runoff they dont like it,I use a shop vac that fits a 5 gal bucket.You should be seeing pistils any day now if they are fem seeds then its on

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

If your not getting a runoff at least some of the time your gonna get a nutrient buildup which is bad.On top of that theres gonna be too dry pockets of coco which is also bad,if the coco is dry the roots wont go there if theres roots and it dries the roots die.You dont need a ton of runoff maybe 10% of input and once a week maybe 20% of input,as time goes by you will get a feel for it.And dont let the plants sit in the runoff they dont like it,I use a shop vac that fits a 5 gal bucket.You should be seeing pistils any day now if they are fem seeds then its on
Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense. I'm going to try and get some run off with some PH'd water. Also yes they're feminized autos

newh

newh

Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense. I'm going to try and get some run off with some PH'd water. Also yes they're feminized autos
never straight water, it will flush too many nutrients out of the coco,make your mix according to the feed chart but go half strength then ph it then feed everyday as they get bigger you can increase the dosage some plants might take the full dose when theyre big enough you have to watch them.i never used the flroa so i cant say for sure but half strength is good for now.those feed charts are based on using 1000 watt hid lights,if your using less light you go with less nutes

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

heres what I have going right now in 3 gallon buckets using canna coco,what i been telling you is what i do
Wow, what's the size of that tent? Also are those photoperiods? Leaves look sativa?

Last night I watered around the plants with water and I had to empty out the saucers because I got a good amount of run off which btw was a pain in the ass to dump out. Carrying saucers full of water is not easy lol I'm thinking of going to the pet store and buying a pump or water vacuum of some sort to suck up any run off water without having to disturb the plants or carry saucers full of water all the way to my bathroom to drain.

After I emptied the saucers I fed them 1 solo cup and a 1/4 of feeding. And ofcourse no run off from that. Should I be giving a lot more feed to the point of getting run off?

Here are a couple pictures I took this morning.

20180115 083932
20180115 083940
Last edited:
B

Bigbonez1984

Wow, what's the size of that tent? Also are those photoperiods? Leaves look sativa?

Last night I watered around the plants with water and I had to empty out the saucers because I got a good amount of run off which btw was a pain in the ass to dump out. Carrying saucers full of water is not easy lol I'm thinking of going to the pet store and buying a pump or water vacuum of some sort to suck up any run off water without having to disturb the plants or carry saucers full of water all the way to my bathroom to drain.

After I emptied the saucers I fed them 1 solo cup and a 1/4 of feeding. And ofcourse no run off from that. Should I be giving a lot more feed to the point of getting run off?

When I feed any of my plants I make a gal of nutes and if there I. 3 gal pots I give them a half gal each if I'm ready right your saying you only give your plants 1 cup of nutes only? I bet they are hungry and I bet they will jump in size if you start feeding what they need but they still look really good so far. I think you should just do a little more reading up on stuff and you will get there bro but good job so far

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Thanks I'm going to be feeding until I see runoff tonight. I'll probably need to go pick up a pump to vacuum the run off because it's pretty difficult moving two 5 gallon pots in such a small space and then carry the weak saucers I have under the pots to the bathtub without spilling runoff all over the place.

If anything I'll probably just end up using a small cup to scoop it out and dump it into a bucket
Just to avoid having to spend anymore money. I mean it's just two plants

newh

newh

These are 4 photos in my 4x4x7,3 of one strain one of another.Dont give them just water theres not much nutrition in the coco the only way they feed is what u give them.1/4 strength is fine you will be able to tell if they want more,watch em.Theres a shopvac at home depot called buckethead its like 20 bucks fits on a 5 gal bucket.If you have outside garden you can dump the extra in there usually i add as much fresh water as i have old nute water other than that mine goes down the toilet

newh

newh

Thanks I'm going to be feeding until I see runoff tonight. I'll probably need to go pick up a pump to vacuum the run off because it's pretty difficult moving two 5 gallon pots in such a small space and then carry the weak saucers I have under the pots to the bathtub without spilling runoff all over the place.

If anything I'll probably just end up using a small cup to scoop it out and dump it into a bucket
maybe elevate the plants in a single tray put a hole in the tray have something under to catch the runoff.I knew a dude he had elevated coco beds that had drain hoses, worked pretty good

newh

newh

they look great so far ,theyre about to have a grow spurt soon,once you the white hairs theyre gonna start stretching and growing fast if you on point

Top Bottom