🇨🇦DiFabz Fabz Indoor Grow Journal 🇨🇦

• Thread starter DiFabz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DiFabz

DiFabz

Hey Fabz, What's good my green thumbed brother! Just a note to check in and send some love that way! I really enjoyed the read so far and your struggles with your fathers death touched me deeply. I never had a father but I lost my mother to drug and alcohol addiction in 2012. She was basically all the family I had and losing her took a great toll on my mental wellbeing.

Like you I stayed in the video games and so stoned I couldn't really function for a couple years. I even went so far as to stop growing for a few years. I lost all my ambition.

Then I started thinking about a little book I found on my mothers night stand after her death..it was called, "Jesus Calling". Now my mother as I know was far from a Christian and had an..."alternative lifestyle". But this book on her night stand gave me great hope that in the end she accepted Jesus as her Lord and one day we will meet again in our Fathers house.

IDK why I felt led to share this in your journal.. I hope its not to much. But I can truly relate to the deep depression felt from losing a parent. I can also say that growing and partaking in this healing plant has helped in a thousand ways.

Also thank you so much for the help with the Thc Bombs its good to have some technical support...lol I'm here for the ride, let do this! -Ron
I am so glad you posted this Ron. I’m not alone. Thanks. I’m at a loss for words bro. I appreciate the empathy. I’m also very sorry for your loss. I’m sure if your mom had that tract on her bedside table, God was taking every opportunity to reach her heart. I choose to believe that it was not by chance or fluke or luck that it was there for both your mom and you. Really grateful to meet a brother in the Lord.
so yeah bro. I’m so down to master these THC Bombs with you and harvest some ridiculous quad plus.
Please share away Ron. This is all I’ve really got to be social about cultivation being locked up in my house, not being able to work. So we gotta be there for each other 👍🏻

DiFabz

DiFabz

Entry #3~ What could go wrong?

From auto topping Bombs to massive dual fanged fan leaves. Hermaphroditic bananas to resin drenched trichome production. Genetic predispositions are sure to rear their wild card bag of tricks while trying to find my flow and mitigate stress on the ladies.
We’d all love to have a perfect garden. One with no pests, no viruses, no pathogens, dust, dirt, or debris. A perfect garden where the plants take care of themselves does sound nice, but wouldn’t that take the excitement and challenge out of it?
Today I’d like to document “ballerina”. The auto topping THC bomb plant pheno that had my eye from the day she sprouted. She was dense, lime green, smelled of fruity lemony gasoline and screamed “healthy”. But the best part was she auto topped early in veg. I wasn’t sure what had happened to her at first. But after researching, I found some would consider her special.
I have attached a video to document her.
Also, as I was going through some of my old notes last night, I came across “Big Mikes Recipe for success” parameters I had written down many many years ago. I have attached a photo of it for your reference. Not much has changed in this department.
Im learning that each day brings new challenges as the girls progress through their respective photoperiod. One can only assume that this is how one would get better at cultivation.
Peace to you my brothers and sisters. Have a beautiful day and be blessed.
Thanks for tuning in.
fabz.

D781F7BC 094E 4B7A B6DC B4FF60628757
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Entry #3~ What could go wrong?

From auto topping Bombs to massive dual fanged fan leaves. Hermaphroditic bananas to resin drenched trichome production. Genetic predispositions are sure to rear their wild card bag of tricks while trying to find my flow and mitigate stress on the ladies.
We’d all love to have a perfect garden. One with no pests, no viruses, no pathogens, dust, dirt, or debris. A perfect garden where the plants take care of themselves does sound nice, but wouldn’t that take the excitement and challenge out of it?
Today I’d like to document “ballerina”. The auto topping THC bomb plant pheno that had my eye from the day she sprouted. She was dense, lime green, smelled of fruity lemony gasoline and screamed “healthy”. But the best part was she auto topped early in veg. I wasn’t sure what had happened to her at first. But after researching, I found some would consider her special.
I have attached a video to document her.
Also, as I was going through some of my old notes last night, I came across “Big Mikes Recipe for success” parameters I had written down many many years ago. I have attached a photo of it for your reference. Not much has changed in this department.
Im learning that each day brings new challenges as the girls progress through their respective photoperiod. One can only assume that this is how one would get better at cultivation.
Peace to you my brothers and sisters. Have a beautiful day and be blessed.
Thanks for tuning in.
fabz.
Dude you certainly have a way with words!

Made me think, I'm on grow number...755..? Who knows, I grow perpetually and have been off and on since 1989. Hundreds if not thousands of plants. .I don't think I've ever had what I would consider a perfect run...lol Always something it seems.

Don't get me wrong over the years I've had some strains and phenos dialed in pretty good...but perfection.. nah. Have yet to achieve it. Growing is a microcosm of life as a whole. Its all about how you handle the struggles and storms. I keep my eyes on Jesus!

When life throws you curve balls can you pivot and hit home runs? The same with growing brother, anything the plant throws at me I'm ready. I've learned a few things over the years about cleanliness and such in the garden that has helped with pest and disease, but mostly each new strain and each new pheno is a new adventure! Pretty cool.

We wouldn't be so proud of our plants if it didn't take great skill, hard work and dedication to cultivate them. Anybody can grow weed. It takes great knowledge and knowhow to grow quality cannabis.

Thanx for the post brother, I am following along intently! May your garden grow fat n frosty! -Ron

DiFabz

DiFabz

Dude you certainly have a way with words!

Made me think, I'm on grow number...755..? Who knows, I grow perpetually and have been off and on since 1989. Hundreds if not thousands of plants. .I don't think I've ever had what I would consider a perfect run...lol Always something it seems.

Don't get me wrong over the years I've had some strains and phenos dialed in pretty good...but perfection.. nah. Have yet to achieve it. Growing is a microcosm of life as a whole. Its all about how you handle the struggles and storms. I keep my eyes on Jesus!

When life throws you curve balls can you pivot and hit home runs? The same with growing brother, anything the plant throws at me I'm ready. I've learned a few things over the years about cleanliness and such in the garden that has helped with pest and disease, but mostly each new strain and each new pheno is a new adventure! Pretty cool.

We wouldn't be so proud of our plants if it didn't take great skill, hard work and dedication to cultivate them. Anybody can grow weed. It takes great knowledge and knowhow to grow quality cannabis.

Thanx for the post brother, I am following along intently! May your garden grow fat n frosty! -Ron
Very, very well said brother. This is truth. Thanks for sharing this. I took a lot away from your post. May your garden grow fat and frosty as well bro.

DiFabz

DiFabz

Looks fantastic. Im on week 1 of veg. Just started up this batch myself.
Thank you bro. Those plants look very happy. Like Kyle Kushman said “show those plants what good feels like”.
How do you like the air pots? I was going to invest in them but I was concerned about the rhizospheres getting too cold in my chamber and the cost was pretty high to do a test run.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

I had an amazing turnout last time using air pots. I used soil last time. Now coco and perlite. I already dialed in on nutes and lights and genetics so i know every single time its freaking fire. But im testing soil rockwool and coco. To see which media im dialing into.

20210124 195229 HDR
DiFabz

DiFabz

Looking real nice bro! I can see the frost setting in. I love your set up, looks high tech! Shame that sunset sherbet hermied, still looks like some fire! At least it wasn't a total loss. Thank you for sharing! Your garden inspires me. -Ron
Thank you my brother. Already, this community has made me feel very welcome and accepted. Definitely much needed through this lockdown.

So! It would seem that mitigating the cold 59*F nights to 69*F has exponentially accelerated my garden.
I just received my new 3x3 gorilla shorty tent (3x3x5’8”) for hanging/drying to contain odour. I will have a 6x24 vortex Lite carbon filter scrubbing the tent. It’ll be a challenge, but I’ll find a way to dry these ladies “low and slow”.
Picture 1- Gorilla tent sliding into place like a well fit glove, providing a much needed solution for the limited space and overwhelming needs of this small, craft cannabis garden.
Picture 2- The gorilla 3x3x5’8” shorty tent. Wow! Now I see why these tents are so bloody expensive. I can already guarantee I’ll have this tent for the rest of my life and it will be passed down to my son when he builds his garden. What a superior product.

35B3BF80 69E3 48A6 876A C4EB72B5E5E2
69AAA586 A5F5 4B0C B3A1 1CA493C8F7E3
Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Gotta love the Gorillas bud. If you’re running a 6” exhaust, you may want to look into the high cfm supports for the walls. Probably going to suck the sides in. I use an 8” fan in a 4x8 Gorilla and it pulls the seams tight.

DiFabz

DiFabz

Gotta love the Gorillas bud. If you’re running a 6” exhaust, you may want to look into the high cfm supports for the walls. Probably going to suck the sides in. I use an 8” fan in a 4x8 Gorilla and it pulls the seams tight.
Right. I almost bought one on sale for the 3x3 a month back too. Kicking myself now.
I actually bought a vtx600 with a speed controller for the tent but I think I’m going to use my AC infinity 6” because it’s a PWM motor. I won’t get the control I need with the vtx and speed controller because the controller can only limit the frequency by 50% at most. Frequency also known as hertz, controls motor speed with AC motors.
Thanks for the reply brother. Much appreciate it.

Just wanted to mention to everyone. I am an electrician. If anyone needs help with electrical stuff, please don’t hesitate to ask.

DiFabz

DiFabz

Journal entry.
THC bomb pheno durka-durr was harvested today and placed into the drying chamber. Please reply with any comments or suggestions for the drying/curing tent. I know drying/curing has come a long way in the last 16 years. Lol.
Much love and enjoy!
Fabz.

5EFADF48 6E21 47EC A692 0510B3D69BC0
851AA564 1580 49EC BF3A DD5ECCFBA6CC
02C4E06C 4491 4854 A032 A0EB4097C19D
49B97539 A47A 451A 8846 5A42613EE2DF
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thank you my brother. Already, this community has made me feel very welcome and accepted. Definitely much needed through this lockdown.

So! It would seem that mitigating the cold 59*F nights to 69*F has exponentially accelerated my garden.
I just received my new 3x3 gorilla shorty tent (3x3x5’8”) for hanging/drying to contain odour. I will have a 6x24 vortex Lite carbon filter scrubbing the tent. It’ll be a challenge, but I’ll find a way to dry these ladies “low and slow”.
Picture 1- Gorilla tent sliding into place like a well fit glove, providing a much needed solution for the limited space and overwhelming needs of this small, craft cannabis garden.
Picture 2- The gorilla 3x3x5’8” shorty tent. Wow! Now I see why these tents are so bloody expensive. I can already guarantee I’ll have this tent for the rest of my life and it will be passed down to my son when he builds his garden. What a superior product.
wouldn’t buy anything else, gorilla is built to last!
i absolutely love mine!

Top Bottom