🔋Seeking advice about rushing your drying process🔋

• Thread starter Luzy10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luzy10

Luzy10

Hi everyone,

Really enjoying sharing my first grow here so far, this is such a great community, thank you all!

relevant info:
I just finished my first grow, 2 auto-flowers (Gelato & Critical x Cream Cheese), harvest after 100 days in total,
2 days of no light, cut, hang upside down.
Room is controlled really well at 70F and 50% RH.

I need to leave town for a week and I must make sure I dry my girls before I do so my friend can burp them while I'm gone.
By the time I'll need to leave I'll be drying them for 8 days which might not be enough. I don't know - first time growing..
but from what I read, this process is usually 7-10 days.
My question is: what is the best way to rush the drying process just a little without compromising the buds?
Am I crazy and can just cut and start curing them after 8 days in these conditions?

Thanks in advance for taking the time!

2021 12 11 190837
2021 12 11 190832
2021 12 11 190935
2021 12 11 190944
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

YES you can...just make sure branches break with a ":snap", but after that be able to burp your jars regularly and control the humidity to around 58% - 62% humidity within the jars with humidity packs when they are close to 4 weeks and cure from there... 👍 taste gets better after that 👍

RookieBC

RookieBC

Step 1 make sure you don't water plants for last 3 or so days so your growing medium is Dry when you harvest this will mean less moisture in your harvested plant.

Step 2 Do a wet trim not a dry trim and remove all fan leaves and most sugar leaves

Choice A. place in a room with a fan for air movement but don't try and cheat by having the fan blow directly on the drying buds.

Choice B. Remove the buds from the stems and use a drying rack this will cause the buds to dry faster as they won't be pulling moisture from the stems and stalks

If you are Infact rushing the drying process it will be very important to properly cure the buds and this will likely take way way longer than if you let dry properly. The quicker you dry after harvest the longer the cure you'll likely end up at first with buds that don't seem to sleep or smell like hay after 2 weeks - 2 months of the cure

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hi everyone,

Really enjoying sharing my first grow here so far, this is such a great community, thank you all!

relevant info:
I just finished my first grow, 2 auto-flowers (Gelato & Critical x Cream Cheese), harvest after 100 days in total,
2 days of no light, cut, hang upside down.
Room is controlled really well at 70F and 50% RH.

I need to leave town for a week and I must make sure I dry my girls before I do so my friend can burp them while I'm gone.
By the time I'll need to leave I'll be drying them for 8 days which might not be enough. I don't know - first time growing..
but from what I read, this process is usually 7-10 days.
My question is: what is the best way to rush the drying process just a little without compromising the buds?
Am I crazy and can just cut and start curing them after 8 days in these conditions?

Thanks in advance for taking the time!
Why do you want to ruin your hard work.?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd leave them hang while you are away.. Rushing it never ends well. The stems will be good and crisp when you get back, but the buds will be just perfect for jarring.
Yes the outer leaves of the buds will be crispy, so handle them with care. But deep inside the buds will be still moist enough for a good cure. And that moisture will come to the surface in the jars very quickly. Just make sure you burp them every day until they feel right. Then cure in the dark for 60 to 90 days.

S

sshortguy1

don't rush it. shuck the buds the night before you leave, put em in brown paper bags. have your buddy burp the bags, then jar up when you get back. simple.
NEVER RUSH CURING, can take up to 10 weeks

S

sshortguy1

Step 1 make sure you don't water plants for last 3 or so days so your growing medium is Dry when you harvest this will mean less moisture in your harvested plant.

Step 2 Do a wet trim not a dry trim and remove all fan leaves and most sugar leaves

Choice A. place in a room with a fan for air movement but don't try and cheat by having the fan blow directly on the drying buds.

Choice B. Remove the buds from the stems and use a drying rack this will cause the buds to dry faster as they won't be pulling moisture from the stems and stalks

If you are Infact rushing the drying process it will be very important to properly cure the buds and this will likely take way way longer than if you let dry properly. The quicker you dry after harvest the longer the cure you'll likely end up at first with buds that don't seem to sleep or smell like hay after 2 weeks - 2 months of the cure
a friend of mine dried a piece of bud in the microwave & we smoked it gotten high off of it, but it's best to wait, just out of curiosity has anyone ever converted 2 bedrooms into grow rooms? a friend of mine bought a house & totally converted it into a grow house the master bedroom full of plants the 2nd bed room full of big commercial lights similar to the Spider farmer SF 5000

Latest posts

Top Bottom