1 gallon soil...to mpb?

• Thread starter Apache69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apache69

Apache69

Hi Guys, I have my 3 females in one gallon soil pots and was wondering if I can toss them into a netpot with Hydroton? Thank you in advance for any help given.

C

canaguy27

just start some clones in rockwool and then put into mpb. keep the soil ones in soil.

Apache69

Apache69

just start some clones in rockwool and then put into mpb. keep the soil ones in soil.

Thank you, If this is the only option then I may have to run these in Soil and hit up mpb DD style the next run. What about putting them in 15 gallon coco?

The Joker

The Joker

I've taken plastic cup sized rooted clones in soil and put them in paint strainer bags you buy at a pro paint supply. Worked great and the roots popped out. But a gallon of soil is way too much.

A

antimatter

Ive rinsed off soil out of 1 gallon pots and it took the plants 4 weeks to recover, but results may vary.. Id take clones though if I had the choice at the time.

Apache69

Apache69

Ive rinsed off soil out of 1 gallon pots and it took the plants 4 weeks to recover, but results may vary.. Id take clones though if I had the choice at the time.

Roger that! I am only allowed 3 "Flowering" plants at at time. I need to set up a veg/clone room etc.

Thanks Guys,

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

wow 3 plants is a tight limit, no room for error with that allowance. You should grow 3 huge 15 footers with triple stacked 1500's in a mpb sealed room with 50gal mini-res's. That'll show em what 3 plants can do. But until then, just keep your soil plants in soil, switching to a mpb now would be a muddy nightmare. I would move your plants into a 3 or 5 gal pot before going to a 15 gal coco pot.

O

OregonMeds

The best thing to do if you want to up your soil grow performance as it is would be throw an air stone or piece of soaker hose or just a line inside a sponge at the bottom of the dirt pots, then stick the pots in a tray that holds water and you can have half and half performance that way.

Let the tray stay full of water only a day or two at a time though, and let the plant go pretty dry once a week or so to avoid gnats and rot.

It works pretty well.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
don't worry about it. Let them dry out, carefully shake off excess dirt, give them a good root rinse and put them into the net pots.. I just did 3 that were in 2 and 3 gal pots and 12 days into flower without any issuses and regularly go from coco pots to DWC..

Apache69

Apache69

The best thing to do if you want to up your soil grow performance as it is would be throw an air stone or piece of soaker hose or just a line inside a sponge at the bottom of the dirt pots, then stick the pots in a tray that holds water and you can have half and half performance that way.

Let the tray stay full of water only a day or two at a time though, and let the plant go pretty dry once a week or so to avoid gnats and rot.

It works pretty well.

don't worry about it. Let them dry out, carefully shake off excess dirt, give them a good root rinse and put them into the net pots.. I just did 3 that were in 2 and 3 gal pots and 12 days into flower without any issuses and regularly go from coco pots to DWC..

Right on Guys. Thank you for the suggestions. Oregon, I was wondering about putting an airstone in the bottom of a soil grow. Very interesting.

Cheers,

O

OregonMeds

I don't normally do it but any time I have a plant that outgrows it's container and is too late to transplant, that's how I get it to yield like it should.

It sort of helps to get around having too small of a root mass, and really helps so you don't have to water daily or more. Not a new trick or anything.

Top Bottom