1 plant gone into transplant shock?

• Thread starter G4njaFarmaJA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

G4njaFarmaJA

In the title, so how fucked am I? Just transplanted this from 1 gallon when it started getting lockout, into this 7 gallon. It's definitely not underwatered, it's still damp and I put a gallon of water through it when I transplanted 2 days ago. But yesterday it went limp and been so ever since, any ideas how I save/reverse it?
1 plant gone into transplant shock

BudBogart

BudBogart

Lift the pot off the ground to allow water to drip out of bottom. Make sure enough holes on bottom of tub.
.? Is the soil in the new pot same as in gallon pot?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
In the title, so how fucked am I? Just transplanted this from 1 gallon when it started getting lockout, into this 7 gallon. It's definitely not underwatered, it's still damp and I put a gallon of water through it when I transplanted 2 days ago. But yesterday it went limp and been so ever since, any ideas how I save/reverse it? View attachment 1297358
rip some roots?

G

G4njaFarmaJA

Lift the pot off the ground to allow water to drip out of bottom. Make sure enough holes on bottom of tub.
.? Is the soil in the new pot same as in gallon pot?
There's a dozen 3/4 of an inch holes drilled into the bottom. That is 1 thing I though, i did think because I changed medium from pure earth to a mix of crushed cocoa shells and earth. It also sits on bricks when i take it under cover for light in evening.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Will that be a problem because I will be using this as a mother, or want to atleast if it doesn't die.
Putting it in the shade will slow photosynthesis and also slow the need for transpiration down somewhat. You need to lower the stress to the plant while it recovers. Lower light level helps a great deal. Give her a chance to recover and it should be fine as a mother.

G

G4njaFarmaJA

Putting it in the shade will slow photosynthesis and also slow the need for transpiration down somewhat. You need to lower the stress to the plant while it recovers. Lower light level helps a great deal. Give her a chance to recover and it should be fine as a mother.
Ok thanks, complete dark or would it be ok under low wattage light or just keep it out of direct light?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok thanks, complete dark or would it be ok under low wattage light or just keep it out of direct light?
No not complete dark. Just put it in a shaded area in the yard during the day. You mentioned supplement lighting at night, just back the dimmer off a bit if the light has one. If it doesn’t put the plant in a corner or somewhere where it’s not directly under the light.

AmiT

AmiT

Maybe some roots have been damaged, and it needs a perfect clear watering to repair and make new ones?

G

G4njaFarmaJA

No not complete dark. Just put it in a shaded area in the yard during the day. You mentioned supplement lighting at night, just back the dimmer off a bit if the light has one. If it doesn’t put the plant in a corner or somewhere where it’s not directly under the light.
I've got a 15W LED bulb in an outhouse to stop it sleeping, I don't care about it getting growth from the light just keeping it in veg. The jamaican sun gives it enough growth.

I had done something similar recently and thought it was the shock. Nope. It needed flushed. I flushed with clear ex and they started to pop back up. I’d be willing to bet that plants locked out as you suggested
I've ran a gallon and a half of water and a litre of nutrient/water mix through it in 2 days. Plus, even if I knew what "clear ex" was, I live in the jamaican bush so that isn't an option.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I've got a 15W LED bulb in an outhouse to stop it sleeping, I don't care about it getting growth from the light just keeping it in veg. The jamaican sun gives it enough growth.

I've ran a gallon and a half of water and a litre of nutrient/water mix through it in 2 days. Plus, even if I knew what "clear ex" was, I live in the jamaican bush so that isn't an option.
That light will be fine. Just get it out of direct sun for now.

G

G4njaFarmaJA

That light will be fine. Just get it out of direct sun for now.
Ok done, thanks so much. I'll be grateful to leave it in there a day or 2, carrying a 7 gallon pot 20 yards up a hill has been killing me. Puts me a bit behind using it as a grandmother but we will get there.

Side note, sensible seeds; heard of them? Fuck them and their shitty seeds. Out of 40 seeds only 3 grow out properly, which has made me have to grow these for cuttings to get the mothers to then put clones in the greenhouses. Stress.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok done, thanks so much. I'll be grateful to leave it in there a day or 2, carrying a 7 gallon pot 20 yards up a hill has been killing me. Puts me a bit behind using it as a grandmother but we will get there.

Side note, sensible seeds; heard of them? Fuck them and their shitty seeds. Out of 40 seeds only 3 grow out properly, which has made me have to grow these for cuttings to get the mothers to then put clones in the greenhouses. Stress.
No never heard of them. The plants should show recovery in a day or two. When they do begin perking up reintroduce direct sun slowly. Like shade most of the day and a couple hours of direct sun. She’ll harden back up to direct sun in a few days and then you can go back to full sun all day. All this assumes nothing else is going on with the plant.

G

G4njaFarmaJA

No never heard of them. The plants should show recovery in a day or two. When they do begin perking up reintroduce direct sun slowly. Like shade most of the day and a couple hours of direct sun. She’ll harden back up to direct sun in a few days and then you can go back to full sun all day. All this assumes nothing else is going on with the plant.
It had/has a bit of phosphorus deficiency i think, from nutrient lockout because it outgrew the 1 gallon I had them in. But I had to wire up an old chicken coop before I could repot them because I didn't have space for the 2 plants in a 7 and 5 gallon pots plus a dozen cuttings from the 3rd plant I chopped up. It's been an epic bodge time but if that droopy boy survives, it should all work out now.

freezeland2

freezeland2

It had/has a bit of phosphorus deficiency i think, from nutrient lockout because it outgrew the 1 gallon I had them in. But I had to wire up an old chicken coop before I could repot them because I didn't have space for the 2 plants in a 7 and 5 gallon pots plus a dozen cuttings from the 3rd plant I chopped up. It's been an epic bodge time but if that droopy boy survives, it should all work out now.
Hope it snaps back. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom