1 sick void 2.0 plant

• Thread starter Huge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Huge

hello everyone. i have been lurking here for awhile but this is my first post. i have 1 void 2.0 3 weeks into flower. it is in 5 gal of fox farm soil. first week into flower i gave it 1/4 strength of whats on the "recipie for failure" paper that came with the free nutes with the hydro system. ph at 6.1. it seemed to like it then i waited 5 more waterings & fed again. the next day i had massive dead leaves. i immediately flushed with h2o & the problem seemed to slow down. then about a week later after a plain water it had another massive die. i flushed it again and it seemed better for awhile. after bothe these episodes i removed the dead leaves. today i discovered more dying so now i have no idea what it could be. i once again flushed with 10 gal h2o also this time i mixed a little clearex and added that. i am almost out of fan leaves bud the shoots are still ok. here is a link to the pics of the damage. any help would be appreciated.

C

captainkip

i'm thinking either your overfertilizing your plant or your light may not be strong enough to support the plant so the leaves are dying so the rest of the plant is getting more light don't quote me on it though lol

H

Huge

I'm pretty sure your right about the over fert that's why I have been flushing it. But this is my first grow & it keeps dying even after the flushes. I believe there is plenty of light. 1 1000watt light right over it. Temps are mid 70's.

C

captainkip

how far away from the plant is the light? the light may be getting to close to the plant and burning it up

C

captainkip

okay now i have to admit i have no idea what is wrong with your plant maybe some sort of infestation

O

onlytoken

Are you loving your plant to death? New growth tends to look like that when the light is too intense... new growth is not established enough to perspire and cool itself as it is growing... especially under intense light. Move the light up much more, i.e. at least 3 feet. Many people put 1k lights at the max height and leave it there(like 4 or 5 feet over the top of the pot)... doesn't look like you've lost all your fan leaves.

I don't think you need to keep flushing, or mess with fertilizers for a little bit. You didn't mention if it is Fox Farm Ocean Forest, light warrior, happy frog soil? That matters... You can go an entire grow simply on Ocean Forest alone, with water and molasses... granted in the third or fourth week of flowering you will need some Calcium-Magnesium additive. Are you setting out your tap water for at least 12 to 24 hours before watering? It will cause microbial death in the soil, and possibly burn the roots (chlorine). pH should not be much of an issue, especially since you've made it this far.

Raise up the light... and make sure you don't have a fan blowing hard on the plants all day... this evaporates too much water, and the leaves dry out quicker. Best of luck, post up new pics, unless this looks much worse, I still think you will have a harvest.

Just a friendly warning though... don't expect tooooo much off of one plant in a 5 gallon container under 1k watts. A couple ounces (2 to 3) is about the best you can yield, especially with an unhealthy plant.

Keep me updated, and I'll help you. Relax with the flushing and Clearex... no more nutes, make sure the water is set out at least 24 hours (preferred over 12)... maybe check the pH (but usually not necessary)... if you're real worried it may be a tap water problem, use purified or drinking store water. Distilled lacks the ppm to carry a consistent pH. Take more pictures and ensure that you aren't trying too many things at once... one change at a time so that we can find the source problem.

Good luck!

H

Huge

Thanks for all the info. I'm using ocean forest soil & the water is RO. I was building my room for 12 plants while growing this 1 plant out to feel things out. I have cloned this plant & also started some new beans. Now there are 9 plants in the flower chamber. 8 are in an ebb & grow these are doing fine. The only sick plant is the soil plant from too much food. That 2 oz projection is prolly right on by the looks of it. Hopefully now that I'm in hydro added CO2 & didn't burn the new ones I get a better yeild. Also about the light burn. The damage is lesser the closer you get to the top of the plant. All the leaves are yellowing now. It is an air cooled light and I have a temp probe resting on plant & temps are mid 70's at cola level.

S

seamus

i know the feelin mate,mine are just comin out the other side. im a newbie so i wont even attempt to answer from that point of view,what i will say though is yuor man sounds bang on.At some point i somehow crossed the line and overkilled them with love-well nearly . i recently got an R.O. water thing and what a massive difference that made,good luck bro-love and peace

Top Bottom