100 degree heat

• Thread starter Mazeblue1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I have an OG Kush plant I started from seed, it’s in Rockwool and coast of Maine organic super soil ( first time using) . I have four others growing in Dwc inside but had no room for this one so I pretty much just put it outside and let it go. The temperature outside is in the low 90s every day, the feel like temperature is 100 and over and the humidity is extremely high! It has a nice breeze usually but when it doesn’t I have an outdoor fan that I turn on. The fan leaves started getting really pale about three weeks ago so I added this organic fertilizer pictured below just once and it green duck quite a bit, but the families are still quite yellowish and some of them have black spots on them. I’m not too worried about that because the plant looks good I think you’re a ton of crystals all over it can’t really see it so much on the video, but what I am curious if anyone out there can tell me is should I bring this plant in during the hottest part of the day? Should I bring it inside permanently? My lights are being used for my other plants and I only have a T5 so it would only get window light and not very much of that in the house. Or should I just leave it alone? I’m kind of going with that but my Hydro buds are so much bigger And I really want a good yield on this plant to! Any ideas on how to get the buds bigger or am I just spoiled with The speed of Hydro and this will just take longer to grow it will get there In time? My pH is about 6.7 no matter what I do I can’t get it lower than that with this super soil And I water every two days. About once a week I water really good to get the EC down because it builds up I’ve seen it as high as 2800 before but I’ve got it down now to about 1.4 is what it showed me yesterday when I gave it a lot of water. Any advice would be helpful thanks! Start of week 7 tomorrow btw
100 degree heat
100 degree heat 2

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

well one thing to do is wrap that pot with light color paper or something,the black gets hotter than a son bitch ,next during heat of day 2 to 4 pm shade the plant,after 4 full light again ,a simple umbrella is all needed,find you some straw or mulch and put on top of your soil,like i said them buckets get hot and im sure your soil pulls a ways from edges daily showing you that

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

well one thing to do is wrap that pot with light color paper or something,the black gets hotter than a son bitch ,next during heat of day 2 to 4 pm shade the plant,after 4 full light again ,a simple umbrella is all needed,find you some straw or mulch and put on top of your soil,like i said them buckets get hot and im sure your soil pulls a ways from edges daily showing you that
Well I actually have never even thought about the fact that the bucket is black and I should wrap it in something light colored so that is a good idea, I have a roof a few feet over I have been pulling it under there during the hottest part of the day lately but not consistently but will from now on . It doesn’t pull away from the edges probably because when I transplanted it into that 5 gallon bucket I packed it too tight I think and am hesitant about transplanting again. Thanks for the input.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well I actually have never even thought about the fact that the bucket is black and I should wrap it in something light colored so that is a good idea, I have a roof a few feet over I have been pulling it under there during the hottest part of the day lately but not consistently but will from now on . It doesn’t pull away from the edges probably because when I transplanted it into that 5 gallon bucket I packed it too tight I think and am hesitant about transplanting again. Thanks for the input.
aluminum foil around bucket will reflect the sun away

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

It feels like much longer than a couple of weeks since I posted but as you can see she has filled out a lot since making some changes.. thanks again oldskol4evr! Today is day 60 and she is loaded with Trichs will be harvesting very soon!
321C696F B5EB 4342 B1AD 795E9A048C30
2B04B4FB 1D48 4EA4 9CDF 16C058455A83
53B39798 C9D9 48B8 AE5C 31FD6B9CBC60

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It feels like much longer than a couple of weeks since I posted but as you can see she has filled out a lot since making some changes.. thanks again oldskol4evr! Today is day 60 and she is loaded with Trichs will be harvesting very soon!View attachment 1001608View attachment 1001609View attachment 1001610
View attachment 1001611
hell ya,that cooled them bucket off,gonna be some long buds too,they havent started stacking yet,but wait and you will be amazed at the last couple weeks bulk that will come

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that plant has at least 6 weeks to go or more, never bring an outdoor plant to an indoor garden!
also with that pot you should of put air holes in the lower sides and the bottom.
the plant looks to be doing great and loving the environment.
no worries, just needs love.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

that plant has at least 6 weeks to go or more, never bring an outdoor plant to an indoor garden!
also with that pot you should of put air holes in the lower sides and the bottom.
6 more weeks? That plant is in its 9 th week of flower and was vegged for 5 weeks.. I agree it needs more time but that sounds too long. Also it does have air holes in the sides and the bottom. I may be high but I don’t know what you mean by bringing an outdoor plant to an indoor garden either haha. It’s well over a hundred every day and I do think that it’s Affecting the bud size, pistols are still white and just started getting color on a few.. but I agree with oldskol4eva that it is going to continue to get fuller but I kind of want to harvest it with it’s 4 indoor hydro plants all started the same time and they are days away ( IMO)

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I
I re-read my thread I see what you mean lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
bringing outdoor to indoor- most important is that you can contaminate your indoor garden with bugs, pest, mold.. etc.,
oldskol is the man!
just by looks to me it has a while to go

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i dont know about all that mess,but one thing for sure i know about extreme heat,were im at,4 months of the year is triple digits,since begining of may it been close or at 100 and last month was heat index every day over a hundred,right now is 106 and my dumb ass been cleaning a window unit ac all day,damnt near kicked my ass too hahahah,bitch be blowing cold now,i dont had to put clothes on hahahah.
with that little bit of yellowing im thinking you need to bump up your feed by 100 ppm though,thing about containers in the heat,you have to water more often,that means you leach your mineral supply out quicker,that plant right there id would be running around 900 ppm at 6.5 ph right now

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

6 more weeks? That plant is in its 9 th week of flower and was vegged for 5 weeks.. I agree it needs more time but that sounds too long. Also it does have air holes in the sides and the bottom. I may be high but I don’t know what you mean by bringing an outdoor plant to an indoor garden either haha. It’s well over a hundred every day and I do think that it’s Affecting the bud size, pistols are still white and just started getting color on a few.. but I agree with oldskol4eva that it is going to continue to get fuller but I kind of want to harvest it with it’s 4 indoor hydro plants all started the same time and they are days away ( IMO)
depending on were your at,end of sept would be about harvest time outside,first of august to end sept were im at outside,but you are taking inside so who knows what the thricombs,i like amber for pain meds,have cloudy half amber for day smoke

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

i dont know about all that mess,but one thing for sure i know about extreme heat,were im at,4 months of the year is triple digits,since begining of may it been close or at 100 and last month was heat index every day over a hundred,right now is 106 and my dumb ass been cleaning a window unit ac all day,damnt near kicked my ass too hahahah,bitch be blowing cold now,i dont had to put clothes on hahahah.
with that little bit of yellowing im thinking you need to bump up your feed by 100 ppm though,thing about containers in the heat,you have to water more often,that means you leach your mineral supply out quicker,that plant right there id would be running around 900 ppm at 6.5 ph right now
Well the funny thing is I have been going by how long this plant has been growing and I really thought it was winding down I never really thought it would go all the way thru season. When I put it outside the days were like 14 hours long and I wanted to veg it for quite a while but it started flowering on me so I have been giving it 2 gallons of water every 2 to 3 days to get the P PMs down… Two days ago they were 1400.. Believe me I have nothing but time so I don’t mind letting This plant go longer LOL I want the best bud with the highest potency and lots of it! Can’t get ph under 6.7..

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

depending on were your at,end of sept would be about harvest time outside,first of august to end sept were im at outside,but you are taking inside so who knows what the thricombs,i like amber for pain meds,have cloudy half amber for day smoke
I have not brought it inside I thought about it but I haven’t. It’s trichs are all cloudy

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well the funny thing is I have been going by how long this plant has been growing and I really thought it was winding down I never really thought it would go all the way thru season. When I put it outside the days were like 14 hours long and I wanted to veg it for quite a while but it started flowering on me so I have been giving it 2 gallons of water every 2 to 3 days to get the P PMs down… Two days ago they were 1400.. Believe me I have nothing but time so I don’t mind letting This plant go longer LOL I want the best bud with the highest potency and lots of it! Can’t get ph under 6.7..
ya just 6.5 ph water next feed and check the runoff again,try giving it about 2quarts of ph water,catch the first bit of runoff and check,then hour later run another quart threw it and catch see if the numbers match,i bet they dont,first time you water will be stagnet nutrients that been setting in there,the water a hour later will wash that water out and give a fresh reading,that the one you will call right measurment

Latest posts

Top Bottom