100% Perlite Hempy

• Thread starter MegaSuiter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

Okay guys. Transplanted these guys almost two weeks ago. Time to start training them.
I put all the bamboo into the pots today and realized that he Perlite doesn't provide a lot of support. Anyone growing in straight Perlite? When the roots fill out will I achieve more support? That's what I predict, but curious because I can't find anyone taking about supporting their plants in straight Perlite.
Thanks!
100 perlite hempy

MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

I have done several successful grows. I am slowly introducing nutrients. Yes they show signs of nitro defiency and cal mag defiency, but they are fine. I recently grew in Coco and didn't not like how much Gants liked it.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Wow dude, (Meg) "get the fu@k out if you don't have advice" With that kind of response you not going get much of anything. You been here on the farm a bit, you should know better....
And he did give advice...
Reason you don't see any posting of grows with all perlite....Cause it's not ideal.
unless you are a super Synthetic grower...bleck!
Straight perlite will be nothing but problems.
You'll probably berate me too, cause its not the answer you're looking for.

The Terps

The Terps

Also you can cover coco with perlite about 1.5" and it will get rid o gnats or just feed a tea every other week with caps foliar added I never have gnats when I use tea. But gnats don't bother me when I do have them.
Actually grow stone makes a product called gnat mix just for ppl who want to throw money at them

MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

I never joined this site to make friends. I have read tons about people having success in Perlite... Thank you for assuming I can't grow by observing one picture. It's rude to comment with advice if it doesn't pertain to what the author is looking for? I only posted the picture for attention. Next time I just won't post any pictures.
Thanks

MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

Believe me I do fine. Last grow was 4oz/plant. So your comments don't hurt my feelings.
Mind you that was in Coco. I also use House&Garden. I rely solely on my nutrient solution, not my medium.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I never joined this site to make friends. I have read tons about people having success in Perlite... Thank you for assuming I can't grow by observing one picture. It's rude to comment with advice if it doesn't pertain to what the author is looking for? I only posted the picture for attention. Next time I just won't post any pictures.
Thanks
No one assumed anything you obviously have interpersonal issues aka just a d bag

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

straight perlite in a hempy...
the roots will support the plant with a little time but you'll have to watch it as it matures because the entire bucket will want to fall over when it drys out a bit
i'd use the stakes also
you may also want to run your nutrients at a ph of 5.3 because of the minimal cec

fwiw

MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

Never thought about running pH lower than 5.8
I removed all the stakes and am just going to let them do their thing for a bit before I decide what i want to do. Scrog seems like a worthwhile idea, but I have never done it before.
Thanks.

robomont

robomont

do you live on planet perlite?
why not just grow in dirt?
for nutes use h2o.the combination works great and your plants wont fall over.

MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

Lmao planet Perlite. Nope. Sick of promix. Coco was good. Just experimenting really. Figured it would provide good aeration and drainage. I'll post up my results in a couple months.
Really liking House&Garden. Was using the Coco variety, but I'll probably switch to the hydro line.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
This will be my last post here, I will unwatch the thread after this.
If you have had several successful grows in perlite and are pulling 4oz per plant, why did you post this asking if the perlite would support your plants? I was just trying to help with what I thought would be the best solution. Seems there are more issues than just the media, maybe you should talk to a counselor or the pastor of a church will listen for free...

robomont

robomont

ive always been curious about perlite too,seems like a hydro grow to me.
im more curious about a recirculation /aeration system for organic.does it yield more and what percentage.

Top Bottom