1000w Cmh Vs 800w Cobs Side By Side

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

I wonder how the cobs would do growing 7 foot trees. How far they would penetrate. and how many cobs to cover a 5 foot wide canopy
You can use the same setup as I got on the cob spacing just increase the driver size.im running 1400 mA drivers for efficiency.If i went to 1700 or 2100 they would murder that CMH hands down watt for watt.
2100mA drivers woukd give me 1200 watts over the cobs than I could grow plants to the ceilings.

H

heisen

Around 15 grand.one of the biggest reasons commercial setups are using DE still.
For small time growers I think cobs and strips are better to get more light per watt of electricity and no need for bulb changes 10+ years.
If I had to light up 300 square feet of floor space I would go with DE CMH for sure.i wouldnt even bat an eye at the electric bill,but in a place where I had to watch my electric usage cobs all day.

F

FutureGrower

You can use the same setup as I got on the cob spacing just increase the driver size.im running 1400 mA drivers for efficiency.If i went to 1700 or 2100 they would murder that CMH hands down watt for watt.
2100mA drivers woukd give me 1200 watts over the cobs than I could grow plants to the ceilings.
Around 15 grand.one of the biggest reasons commercial setups are using DE still.
For small time growers I think cobs and strips are better to get more light per watt of electricity and no need for bulb changes 10+ years.
If I had to light up 300 square feet of floor space I would go with DE CMH for sure.i wouldnt even bat an eye at the electric bill,but in a place where I had to watch my electric usage cobs all day.

Grow ops over here also get tax discounts if you're below 35w/ft or something like that so there is a pretty big LED push for that reason also

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

@heisenbubble hows the heat coming from the nanolux, is it the same as what you would get off a DE 1000 HPS?
I've switched from 1kw 400v de Hps to 1kw de cmh. The heat is significantly less ime. I'd say it's about the same as a 600w se hps. Feels like it to me anyway, but def significantly less than the equivalent hps ime so far

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

What a marvelous comparison, read through the main pics. My takeaway: LEDs are the future, soon they will be out performing halides, HPS, all of them. The technology is constantly outperforming itself, and the day of LED supremacy is coming so just stay patient.

Medigrow

Medigrow

you're running 50w cob and not 75 watts right?
We can switch driver and now become a murderer? :D

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

@heisenbubble AWSOME video update bro, much appreciated!! :) We get to see so much from those sort of vids, really really helpful, thanks sir :)

S

Str8Savage

Great video, I cannot wait till you harvest! I am excited for you. I am working on setting up my first grow and the information you have provided has been priceless so thank you for your time. If you would be interested in helping a noob out send me a dm. I could sure use some help from an experienced grower like you. For starters did you get the wedding cake seeds you are growing from this site? They are beautiful and were one of the strains I was thinking about starting with.

Thanks again for your time

H

heisen

It's better to ask questions on the threads I have because I get alot of PMS and sometimes the questions can be answered for others to see.
The wedding cake I have is the clone from socal.its jbeezys cut of trianglemints3 aka wedding cake from jungle boys.triangle kush and animal mints.

S

Str8Savage

It's better to ask questions on the threads I have because I get alot of PMS and sometimes the questions can be answered for others to see.
The wedding cake I have is the clone from socal.its jbeezys cut of trianglemints3 aka wedding cake from jungle boys.triangle kush and animal mints.

Makes sense, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately for me I don't live in Cali where I can easily go buy clones so I have been trying to find the right seeds to start my grow from and have been over researching and overthinking the process. So many amazing options. I will see what i can do about finding seeds for the strains you mentioned. Thanks again

F

FutureGrower

Do you know job? Just wondering... theres a few growers local to me that I dont know personally but I've smoked their stuff before. I guess I should just be the weirdo that calls up a place and asks if I can get a few cuttings lol

H

heisen

almost 5 weeks,Cob side looks heavier than the CMH side to me but everything is going good.
20180927 233138

20180927 233619

20180927 233652

20180927 233820

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble ; is it me or you'd be better going 5x10' instead of 4x10' ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom