1000w Cmh Vs 800w Cobs Side By Side

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Awesome, is that dry weight? Im not trying to be nosey, i new to growing. Im about to harvest my first run, and i have my second run in week 2 of flower. Im trying to get where im harvesting every week or 2. My run that im about to chop down is 6 plants. Im just trying to get a idea of around how much I can expect when i have some more experience
Hey bro, no offence but without knowing anything about your grow, asking someone "how much will 6 plants yield?" is basically like asking "how fast does a car go?" or "how big is a house?". There's gonna be lots of different answers, depending on other variables ;) Check around the threads and see if anyone is growing in a similar style to you ;) good luck dude :)

G gnome

G gnome

Hey bro, no offence but without knowing anything about your grow, asking someone "how much will 6 plants yield?" is basically like asking "how fast does a car go?" or "how big is a house?". There's gonna be lots of different answers, depending on other variables ;) Check around the threads and see if anyone is growing in a similar style to you ;) good luck dude :)
Lmao!!!

Erick31876

Erick31876

I guess I walked into that one. Thanks for the advice

H

heisen

Like calling the car dealership and asking how much for a blue car,Or walking in the grocery store and asking how much for 2 bags of groceries.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Like a Gavita, a CMH has to be at least 36 inches from the canopy, or it will fry them. I ran mine 40 inches from the canopy. Any closer than 36 finishes will fry them.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Like a Gavita, a CMH has to be at least 36 inches from the canopy, or it will fry them. I ran mine 40 inches from the canopy. Any closer than 36 finishes will fry them.

In previous post, he said he was able to put the light at 24" from the canopy, which is a big advantage over hps de

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Looks like 24 inches fried them. I run my 1000w Nanolux 36- 40 inches from the top, but like the Gavita better. Ive also got 10 foot ceilings.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

@heisenbubble thanks for taking the time and money for comparison, been a fun thread to watch.
You strongly recommended COB’s for my space weeks ago and I see why. My Vero29’s were delivered this week. Much appreciated and thanks again for the assistance.
Fall indoor. :love1:

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble
VERO 29 GEN 7 Series 3500K 80 CRI min 12596 lm 38.7V 3 SDCM Warm White LED Array

This is the good part right? I'll do both, veg and flo with those.

thank you :)

login

login

I like a plant that has medium stretch. like the bud sites have some space between them them grow, but not so tall you need 10 foot ceilings.

ChickenDicks

ChickenDicks

Thanks for the heads up I don't think 24" to the canopy was doable after all. Seems it needs to be the same as a 1kw DE at 36-40 in spacing

ChickenDicks

ChickenDicks

If I had the time and ability to build enough cobs or qb's to outfit a 20x30 I'd do it

H

heisen

@heisenbubble
VERO 29 GEN 7 Series 3500K 80 CRI min 12596 lm 38.7V 3 SDCM Warm White LED Array

This is the good part right? I'll do both, veg and flo with those.

thank you :)
yes if you want to run them soft and use more cobs use the 1400mA drivers.You can fit 5 of them on the 240 1400 mA drivers.6 on the 320 1400mA and 4 on the 185 1400.

H

heisen

Thanks for the heads up I don't think 24" to the canopy was doable after all. Seems it needs to be the same as a 1kw DE at 36-40 in spacing
Yes but even than i think the DE HPS will put out more light on the outside.I dont think these put out enough light at that distance unless you put them on 5 foot centers and light an entire area with overlap.
Using just 1 or 2 aint gonna work.The DE HPS would probably be a better option

Medigrow

Medigrow

yes if you want to run them soft and use more cobs use the 1400mA drivers.You can fit 5 of them on the 240 1400 mA drivers.6 on the 320 1400mA and 4 on the 185 1400.

We can fit 9 on them HLG-480H-C1400B , 18 cobs by section and 2 drivers only. I think I will go with that.. Was waiting for the final yield/result but seeing the cmh burning the heads... I'm sad! I don't have 10' ceiling so.. eheh

H

heisen

We can fit 9 on them HLG-480H-C1400B , 18 cobs by section and 2 drivers only. I think I will go with that.. Was waiting for the final yield/result but seeing the cmh burning the heads... I'm sad! I don't have 10' ceiling so.. eheh
You can go that route also,I used the smaller drivers because i split them into smaller rows to be able to use less cobs for the plants when they are in the totes.

H

heisen

love the color under the cobs
20181004 235139

20181005 224832

ChickenDicks

ChickenDicks

Your cob setup is titties. If I had the money and dedication to outfit my next build with them I would.

Top Bottom