1000w Cmh Vs 800w Cobs Side By Side

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Im dumbfounded by the wedding cake under the CMH results,
almost 2 full pounds came from them 3 plants.It knocked the dick off the cobs on the cake.
I havnt officially weighed it but its in the same tote i just weighed out from the COBS and its double the amount.Ill have the official weight in a couple days after i get rid of it but its close to 2 lbs,So yeah theres the results.

32 ounces total under the cobs

F

FutureGrower

Im dumbfounded by the wedding cake under the CMH results,
almost 2 full pounds came from them 3 plants.It knocked the dick off the cobs on the cake.
I havnt officially weighed it but its in the same tote i just weighed out from the COBS and its double the amount.Ill have the official weight in a couple days after i get rid of it but its close to 2 lbs,So yeah theres the results.

32 ounces total under the cobs

That's badass! Thanks for sharing man

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Man loved watching it from the start to finish, any early smoke reports??

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Final weight under the cmh for the wed cake was
26 ounces plus the 12 on the GG

38 ounces total CMH. 1100 watts

32 ounces total cobs. 800 watts
Man decent yeilds bro!! What’s the cost factor per once?

H

Highkev

Yeah totally, that's why I thought about the light rail ;) I saw them using them in Amsterdam decades ago, in small space with one light. That's really what their for. I dint understand why ppl use light rails/movers when they have multiple lights, because the reflectors are usually designed to form an overlap pattern with 1.5m centres anyway, lol. And imI'sure a guy like you could improvise or build one pretty easily if you wanted to mr @heisenbubble :) what is it, a chain, a motor cpl switches?? ;)
They are good to hit the plants at different angles to hopefully penatrate deeper budsights when hit from a slightly different angle so hopefully not bud

patchgrower

patchgrower

just throwing my two cents in .beautiful buds heisenbubble. love the comparison grow.
i just switched from hps to cmh and am doing my first grow with them.
i bought 6- 315 cmh as it covers my room quite evenly and is still using less than 2000 watts of power.
i thought it would give it a more even footprint.
i dont have the heat problem as bad as that 1000 you are using. my tops look fine ,no melted trichs or anything.so maybe its better to use more and smaller lights if you are going cmh.
this is a room shot of day 50 into flower. there is about 10 different strains in here, which i'll never do again.but wanted to do a test run to see what strains to keep for indoor growing.this is a shot of the room .

F

FutureGrower

Final weight under the cmh for the wed cake was
26 ounces plus the 12 on the GG

38 ounces total CMH. 1100 watts

32 ounces total cobs. 800 watts

How's the reliability on the 1k bulb? Have you had to replace any yet? That's pretty awesome regardless, and if its repeatable I bet for a commercial grower they'd get a return on investment for the higher watts

F

FutureGrower

I hope it's alright that I did the math if its not please just delete my post

38 ounces under 1100 watts of CMH would turn into 0.967 grams per watt

32 ounces under 800 watts of COBs would be 1.12 grams per watt

Did you get a reading from the wall on the COBs? Normally they lose some efficiency from driver loss

Again hope I didn't step on toes I got too excited to wait lol

Farmer P

Farmer P

You used about 27% more power on the cmh and only got about 16 percent more weed. Cobs win on quantity per watt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom