100W lighting, 3 plants.

• Thread starter MaryJuwann
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MaryJuwann

100W lighting, 3 plants, good?

I want to have my babies inside for the next few days, since its meant to be cloudy & a bit rainy and was wondering if a 100W UV light would suffice?

If so how far should I keep the light away from them? They're around 3 weeks old, going strong & healthy.

I'm not sure if it'll be a tube or a bulb. Which would be better?

J

jvotta420

im not sure i operate with a 150 watt hps i spent 90 on it it sufficient enough for me i also use 2 75 cfl and put them outside or in the window seal during day and when the sun isnt as bright i put them under the cfls then i have one that is budding i put on at 9-9 and i put that under the hps and i put my babies in that also under the cfl and repeat the process the next day

M

MaryJuwann

what kinda shop sells HPS/MH lights, I dunno where to look for em and considering this small little rock I live on, it'll be that much harder to find them for me.

L

Lost

Home depot.. Lowes.. hehehe

Hydro store, ebay. Interwebs, etc :)

M

MaryJuwann

If only I didn't live on a small rock in europe. I wouldn't even have been asking this question.. >.< Oh well, if I dont find them the sun will have to do!

L

Ls1camaro00

Yes i was wondering the same thing but i am using 2 75w hologen bulbs but only when u have to bring them in bc of the rain would my two bulbs be ok just for a day of two?

M

MaryJuwann

No matter where I went, I couldn't find HIDs, actually quite a few people laughed and gave me a look like "are you serious?".. so I bought a 10W UV light. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

D

dogofan

the problem is the flowering...the plants do not need much in veg, you will have no problem i think.keep the light 5-10 cm from the plants if is cold light, an important thing is to keep the light inside something tht reflect: don't waste the light bro!keep it inside something close.

D

dogofan

for the lamp, buy a normal energy saving lamp thei're anywere man.3-4 lamp 20-25w...tht's it

J

jvotta420

go to greenspirtihydro.com that is where i bought my 150 watt hps they also have mh/hps ballast combos where you can run both bulbs at once. i think ima do that soon when i get some more money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom