10X10 SOG Tentgrow

• Thread starter GrowMaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

OK everybody that gives a shit, this is a buddy of mines tent he just bought, he just got his medical card and couldent wait till I got his mother/flower room built, so he went out and got this tent to hold him over until im done with the build, so were gonna blow it up Big Papa style :rock, anybody that has experience with these tents please let me know if there are any tricks, or thangs that I need to watch out for with these tents, as I have never used one, any advise is much appreciated.......GM

10x10 sog tentgrow
10x10 sog tentgrow 2
10x10 sog tentgrow 3
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Bed build

OK first lets build the bed, all thangs used to build the bed were bought at Homedepot, this is gonna be a 5'X8' bed thangs u will need are 5, 2x4x8 two by 4s, 2, 4x8x1/2" sheets of ply wood, 1, 3" drain and elbo and 3" pipe, some nails and screws, and 6mil plastic and hardware cloth, some L brackets, and braces for the 2x4s, and some lava rock for the drain, ok I think thats all we will need for now, so lets build this thang, first cut the 2X4s according to the size of bed u want to build, in this case were doing a 5X8, and nail them together like so, remember to center the fifth 2x4 in the frame so u can nail both ply wood sheets to the 2x4.......

DSC01230
DSC01227
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

then cut and nail plywood to frame like so, I used 1 3/4 inch roofing nails for plywood and the braces.....

DSC01234
DSC01233
DSC01235
R

Rolln J

im following along GM - I think you should take a bong hit as you complete each step!

M

Malachi

Gonna blow out the tent BigPapa style .... I like it! I saw your last thread and you killed it with those beds. I have a 4x4 and 4x8 tent, I scrub mine through the lights so that the sides suck in. Creates like a vacuum to help control the stank. I am subscribed, I am dieing to see this thing go up. So are you making 2 beds? 2 -1000's over each? What will you be running that Skunk#1 and OG? I know you said something about the bud rot starting on the bubba in your last thread.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Is that my lucky day? I wanted to see a grow bed building tutorial. Well start GrowMaster! Big poppa at work again :afroweed:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GrowMaster again.

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

im following along GM - I think you should take a bong hit as you complete each step!
hahaha, way ahead of ya bro, thats a for sure on the beer and the bong loads.......GM
Is that my lucky day? I wanted to see a grow bed building tutorial. Well start GrowMaster! Big poppa at work again :afroweed:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GrowMaster again.
Ya it tizz ur lucky day, so roll a J and pull up a chair:cool0044:......GM
WHat up GM im watching this for sure, good luck buddy
Thanks bro,:beer.....GM

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Next take ur drain and cut out the center, like this, and also put in a couple of set screws on the side to hold the two together......

DSC01229
DSC01238
DSC01239
DSC01240
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Next place the drain in the hole and secure with screws in all 4 corners.......

DSC01241
DSC01249
DSC01250
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Next cut ur 1X12s to the size of the bed and secure them with the L brackets like this

DSC01252
DSC01253
DSC01254
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Next get ur roll of plastic and hardware cloth, and cut a 14X14" square of wire to cover the hole, line the bed with the plastic, and make sure u leave it extra long, will cut the excess off later, next open up the plastic so that it has ample over hang on all sides, then with ur left hand poke ur fingers in the hole of the drain, then with ur right hand with a knife cut a X in the plastic, make sure when u pull out ur fingers that (there still attached lol) the plastic stays in the hole, now take the square piece of wire u cut and place it over the hole and plastic and staple in place like this, then tuck the plastic in on all sides and staple it down and cut off excess plastic from sides like this.....

DSC01255
DSC01258
DSC01260
DSC01261
T

Truth Hurts

Hey GrowMaster, can't wait to see you rock this hut.

Do you have enough drainage with just that one drain? My beds the bottom is landscape fabric and 2 layers of hardware cloth over 5 2x2s holding the 1x12s together so the whole bottom drains and is exposed to air. The beds are built on top of 4x4 white botanicare trays you can kind of see it in my thread...they catch the run off. I just shop vaced 40 gallons of water out of them, that was the run off for 2 waterings from 10 4x4 beds, i'm curious how much water youre gettin out of that drain?

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Hey GrowMaster, can't wait to see you rock this hut.

Do you have enough drainage with just that one drain? My beds the bottom is landscape fabric and 2 layers of hardware cloth over 5 2x2s holding the 1x12s together so the whole bottom drains and is exposed to air. The beds are built on top of 4x4 white botanicare trays you can kind of see it in my thread...they catch the run off. I just shop vaced 40 gallons of water out of them, that was the run off for 2 waterings from 10 4x4 beds, i'm curious how much water youre gettin out of that drain?
Hay TH wazz cracking bro, U bet I get great drainage, u need to use 1/2 plywood so u get some flex, when u fill them with soil and water they will bow about 3 to 4 inches, and the water goes right to the drain and out the bottom, and the only time I get runoff is when I flush, I only feed/water enough to keep the beds wet/moist, If u water till runoff every time in my beds it takes them to long to dry out, plus it saves on nutes, I will only feed/water my 5X10 bed 20 to 30 gal at a time, and I get most all the water out of the beds when I flush, I dont know how much I get back cause I have a drain in my floor and my beds are piped to the drain, how sweet is that :cool0044:, and when I flush I will use 200 gal of water at a time, and it comes gushing out of the drain.......GM

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Ok this is what it is spouse to look like when its all done, and last but not least the lava rock to cover the drain to act like a filter so the soil dont plug the hole, I will use the hole bag.....GM

DSC01264
DSC01263
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

OK lets set up the tent and place the bed, like this, and get ready to put up all of the lights and fans, he will be useing 2 thousand watt HPS, not sure if were gonna run open hood or air cooled yet, so I guess thats all for now, I cut some bubba clones for this grow 4 days ago, so in about 10 days he should be ready to plant, Ill be back with some up dates for the grow in a couple of days.....GM

DSC01269
DSC01270
DSC01271
S

Sway

nah man, u cant run a window unit ac. im running a 24,000btu mini split ac in my 10x10 tent. my buddy ducts from his central unit into his tent, but i dont recommend that. how many lights u puttin in there growmaster? throw 6 1k's in there and you will be pleased with the results. ive seen 10 whole ones come outta a 10x10 consistently with the right strain and 6 lamps...consistantly being the key word :)

Top Bottom