11/13 increases phenotypic expression

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canadaseed

canadaseed

I was on youtube watching a video of emerald cup 2013 with MzJil & Subcool, Ken Estes, Ringo about DJ short talking about breeding healthy genetics. At one point DJ short was saying that going to 11/13 flowering time creates a more natural outdoor like setting for the plant which in turn allows the plant to express itself better.
^1:12:40 time mark for when he talks about light cycle

Do any of you use an 11/13 light cycle for flowering? if so what kind of results you had?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting. I don't have it in me to sit here and watch that video for an hour and a half, but I did try doing... what was it, caveman's gas lantern technique? I wasn't looking for pheno expression and they were all cuts I'd run before. Unfortunately it was so long ago that I don't recall much about that run other than I got them down to 9.5hrs of light and they still did alright.

william76

william76

I was on youtube watching a video of emerald cup 2013 with MzJil & Subcool, Ken Estes, Ringo about DJ short talking about breeding healthy genetics. At one point DJ short was saying that going to 11/13 flowering time creates a more natural outdoor like setting for the plant which in turn allows the plant to express itself better.
^1:12:40 time mark for when he talks about light cycle

Do any of you use an 11/13 light cycle for flowering? if so what kind of results you had?
Yea iv done it,with good results,I couldn't really notice it being better phenotypicaly,but depending on strain,some seemed slightly frostier,not by lots,but enough to notice,strains like ww,im thinkin doing it again sometime soon,best of luck,76

Myco

Myco

Taking the plunge, gonna run 11/13 my grow coming up under led's. Electricity is expensive in HI.
I was curious, so I looked up average $$$/KWH in Hawaii... and couldn't believe my eyes. $0.37 - $0.48 per KWH. Omfg.

...And everybody in my area was whining because of a 5% increase to $.066/KWH. Lol.

Carry on...

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

It will undoubtedly work, but it will not increase phenotypic expression. How would it? Way too many ridiculous claims like this floating around. "Natural outdoor setting"? Weed doesn't only grow in a single latitude. I respect DJ Short for what's done, but don't take his word as gospel.

Myco

Myco

It will undoubtedly work, but it will not increase phenotypic expression. How would it? Way too many ridiculous claims like this floating around. "Natural outdoor setting"? Weed doesn't only grow in a single latitude. I respect DJ Short for what's done, but don't take his word as gospel.
I ended up playing that video as I was going to sleep last night, and there were a few :facepalm: moments... Just sayin'.

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Savings are always welcome, is they don't come at a cost of yield.

canadaseed

canadaseed

I agree this you on this, and for myself i don't know enough about growing to confirm or deny any differences in phenotypic expressions in relation to environmental triggers... but i do think testing is a good idea, i think certain strains could pack a heavier stink if perhaps the light cycle is adjusted and maybe a very high humidity rate, given you have a mold resistant strain. just some thoughts.

I ended up playing that video as I was going to sleep last night, and there were a few :facepalm: moments... Just sayin'.
very true, i found some of it especially from subcool was a bit of a boosting of his own ego... which always bugs me about people.. just be sincere no need to get all emotional.. that females being able to get high off male marijuana,, is that true?? and im thinking who even cares lol. some good tips in this vid i found

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I flower with 11/13 to start then a month later 10/14 to finish
I think this schedule is called diminishing light flower schedule
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diminishing-flower-light-schedule.52930/page-2
Securedownload 8

canadaseed

canadaseed

Latest posts

Top Bottom