11/13 increases phenotypic expression

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urban1026835

urban1026835

30minutes into the video and have learned a few things (mostly from leo and dj) but the last hour will have to wait until I get back from this parenting class

1st kids only a few months away oh god help me!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Anyone know the stress not having a moon cycle has indoor or even light dep greenhouse...circadian rhythm...I'm just saying there's some phenotypic expression there in itself

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I've read of a grow where a guy was battling some kind of root pest and noticed his best harvest came from him keeping the population down and once he got rid of them completely harvest weren't as good ?

INbreed312

INbreed312

Anyone know the stress not having a moon cycle has indoor or even light dep greenhouse...circadian rhythm...I'm just saying there's some phenotypic expression there in itself
Pretty sure the moons cycle is strong enough to penetrate our grow rooms. you can probably emulate the light of it though with a faint 'push' light for a few minutes mid dark period.
I read that the moons natural cycle with the earth could actually cause continuous stress in rooms where the photoperiod runs at night as it confuses the hell out of the girls. Using the moons natural cycle wherever possible is important in several ways.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Even in my reef tank the soft coral and hard coral loved having the spectrum of moon light. I'd love basking them in a lil actique light as well for a few minutes :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Pretty sure the moons cycle is strong enough to penetrate our grow rooms. you can probably emulate the light of it though with a faint 'push' light for a few minutes mid dark period.
I read that the moons natural cycle with the earth could actually cause continuous stress in rooms where the photoperiod runs at night as it confuses the hell out of the girls. Using the moons natural cycle wherever possible is important in several ways.
Great reads learned so much in a few min.....I've always wondered , thanks for putting those links up to understand some of the impact of our moon

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Even in my reef tank the soft coral and hard coral loved having the spectrum of moon light. I'd love basking them in a lil actique light as well for a few minutes :)
^^^^natural moon or did you attempt to replicate the moon?

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I replicated the moon and subset by staggering different spectrums of light at the end of the day for 45 minutes. Helps the animals know it's sleep time rather then just shutting the lights off. And run am actique for some time during the night on the same run as the moon (if it was full moon outside the reef tank would get actique for a couple HOURS at night). Little coral friends love it!

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
:) it's super hard! It's great fun though, when the coral grow it's insane watching them. The hard coral literally grow bones and polyps one by one

I have a 14 gallon reef tank. I'm so busy growing weed now that my dad took it up. He does great but I told him as soon as I get the 32k in perfect order I'm taking the tank back!!! Rarrrrr lol

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
@caveman4.20 I'm gonna follow you homie :) you are cool! I can't private message you :(

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Should be able too now...I been following you:cigar:

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Nope! Just doesn't pop up for ya :nailbiting: Hehe, I like reading your posts :bookworm:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I replicated the moon and subset by staggering different spectrums of light at the end of the day for 45 minutes. Helps the animals know it's sleep time rather then just shutting the lights off. And run am actique for some time during the night on the same run as the moon (if it was full moon outside the reef tank would get actique for a couple HOURS at night). Little coral friends love it!
You mean an actinic fixture, yes? You know that actinic lighting is a rather specific wavelength and it's not an actual simulation of moonlight, yes? (I love this part) 420nm-430nm.
Nice I'm gonna search for coral threads there's gotta be one
What do you want to know? I've written a good bit on marine reefkeeping back in the day.

urban1026835

urban1026835

damn you guys, now i am 4 hours into watching breeding videos....thought i had seen most of the ones that would interest me but guess not..

buffbuds

buffbuds

the plants seemed to not like it at first, I think it's best done AFTER the bud set, when all elongation of nodes has ceased, and all leaves have terminated down to single points.

It's going well for me, and yeah, mainly saves about 20$ a month and lets me have a bit more quite time at home.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
You mean an actinic fixture, yes? You know that actinic lighting is a rather specific wavelength and it's not an actual simulation of moonlight, yes? (I love this part) 420nm-430nm.

What do you want to know? I've written a good bit on marine reefkeeping back in the day.
Oh, bum deal. Always thought I was helping them out :(

canadaseed

canadaseed

30minutes into the video and have learned a few things (mostly from leo and dj) but the last hour will have to wait until I get back from this parenting class

1st kids only a few months away oh god help me!
Congrats on your first kid man!! kids are awesome!! Ya i learned some stuff too subcool was cutting off DJ a few times?? or was that just me?? theres a few others kinda the same.. breeders talking giving tips. i like to just burn a fatty stream the video and do other things on the computer while listening... when i hear something interesting i take notes..

Latest posts

Top Bottom