11 On And 13 Off

• Thread starter cannabeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I like 11/13 myself. Like ShroomKing said, its all about what strains your running, and how they adapt to it.
100 5318

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

I have been running 11/13 for 17 years . I had an indica hybrid that caused head pain under 12/12 . When i ran it 11\13 it seamed to not hurt my head as much . And when i ran it under 11]13 it would get these big beautiful blackish-blue tipped leafs. My avatar is the plant actually but the color is off. I grow basically sativa based stuff. avatars u.w. from A .
edit , i been looking for a blue tipped leaf on google to show but cant find a blue tip beauty . oh well.

Last edited:
H

hawkman

I'll never understand why ignorant people make comments without the experience or understanding to justify them. A lot of you have clearly never experimented with it so you shouldn't be contributing. Sorry for being a dick, sitting with my unresponsive brother in the hospital, no patience today...

Anyway...
On most strains 11/13 has a huge effect, especially landrace sativas or landrace sativa hybrids.

I have a Thai plant that goes as long as 16 weeks under 12/12. Attenuating the lighting schedule will see her completely mature in 12 weeks, with fatter buds and tighter growth overall. At 12/12 she doesn't really form buds, more like bracts on a stick.

I do 12/12 through transition (first two weeks, then 11/13 for eight weeks, finishing the last two weeks at 10/14. If you're able to drop humidity and temperature to coincide with lighting changes you will notice even more dramatic finishing expressions.

As for yield decreasing, maybe with some strains, don't notice it with sativas. As for potency decreasing I haven't noticed such, but in the spirit of investigation, I have my Thai plant running at both schedules in different rooms to judge that aspect for certain.

Visual example of the same cut grown under different schedules as detailed above.
12/12
View attachment 666829
View attachment 666834

Harvested at day 84 under 11/13-10/14View attachment 666830

Bud shots
12/12
View attachment 666837
View attachment 666835

Not 12/12View attachment 666836
so do 12/12 in preflower ? what about 14/10 (reference my above post)

cannabeans

cannabeans

I have cut it back 30 min of light last week... So now I'm on 10.5 on 13.5 off. She definitely stacks differently. I have run her in my greenhouse a few years back and she looks more like that now than if I run 12/12. She tends to foxtail and throw nanners towards the end on a 12/12.
By the end I will have her down to 9 on and 15 off.

H

hawkman

I have cut it back 30 min of light last week... So now I'm on 10.5 on 13.5 off. She definitely stacks differently. I have run her in my greenhouse a few years back and she looks more like that now than if I run 12/12. She tends to foxtail and throw nanners towards the end on a 12/12.
So your flower light schedule is : ?
pre-flower stage
flower stage:
early flower
late flower

cannabeans

cannabeans

For this round I started on 11 on 13 off.. That was for 21 days. During those 21 day I had been here reading about a diminished light schedule.
So on 21 days I started the lights on 30 later. I plan on doing that for 2 weeks.
From there I will see what's happening and make a decision from there. This has been an experiment.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
talking about 12/12 or 11/13 - Emeral Harvest states that in pre-flower d0 14/10 to make a smooth light transition - then after 14/10 once buds are developed go to 12/12 thoughts?
I haven't tried it, so I can't speak from experience, but in theory it seems counterproductive considering the effect would seem to directly oppose the goal.

Last edited:
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
That seems 9/15 seems drastic, really curious to see what you find. Are you at all concerned it will revert to vegetative state?

H

hawkman

I haven't tried it, so I can't speak from experience, but in theory it seems counterproductive considering the effect would seem to oppose the goal.
Read were one changes light cycle every week in flower - talk about time investment - guess the old saying "Keep it Simple" might be the answer

cannabeans

cannabeans

That seems 9/15 seems drastic, really curious to see what you find. Are you at all concerned it will revert to vegetative state?
Im not sure how it will reveg with only 9 hours of light.
Like I mentioned earlier...This is an experiment..
Over the years I have noticed differences with cuts that bloom under artificial light and in my greenhouse. So I am trying a different lighting schedule to see if that is what makes her grow so different.
I really do appreciate everyone's responses!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Im not sure how it will reveg with only 9 hours of light.
Like I mentioned earlier...This is an experiment..
Over the years I have noticed differences with cuts that bloom under artificial light and in my greenhouse. So I am trying a different lighting schedule to see if that is what makes her grow so different.
I really do appreciate everyone's responses!
After reading your response I don't know why I thought it might reveg, lol stoner moment. Just curious is all, if 9 hours of light is good or bad stress... thanks for experimenting!

cannabeans

cannabeans

I too remember reading that...
Im not planning 9 on 15 off for more than a couple days at the very end...

Top Bottom