11 On And 13 Off

• Thread starter cannabeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THELORAX802

THELORAX802

ahhh yeah cant wait to have sat heavy flowers!!

Leew421

Leew421

I vouch for this light cycle. Definitely pheno expression. My moonshine and akorn have looked and been beyond my 12/12 grows

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Finished this Destroyer in 11 weeks this time. Proper nutrition brought her flowering period down too. I suppose I've been adding too much nitrogen to my soil and it afterwards flowering times dramatically. Lesson learned. Landrace hybrids behave so different than polyhybrids, it's crazy.
2 weeks 12/12
6 weeks 11/13
2 weeks 10/14
Harvest
IMG 9195

H

hawkman

Finished this Destroyer in 11 weeks this time. Proper nutrition brought her flowering period down too. I suppose I've been adding too much nitrogen to my soil and it afterwards flowering times dramatically. Lesson learned. Landrace hybrids behave so different than polyhybrids, it's crazy.
2 weeks 12/12
6 weeks 11/13
2 weeks 10/14
Harvest
View attachment 676317
what were your "n" amounts and product used? Great looking plant and trichome developemnt

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Im breaking down and shopping for a 'smart' LED. Fade in/out daily, gradual flip hour by hour over a couple weeks . Anything to lessen stress of this once NATURAL plant.

Anybody need a box of timers?

H

hawkman

Im breaking down and shopping for a 'smart' LED. Fade in/out daily, gradual flip hour by hour over a couple weeks . Anything to lessen stress of this once NATURAL plant.

Anybody need a box of timers?
Keep me informed -

NeedFoSeedZ

NeedFoSeedZ

This thread is supa old but...If anyones still around...I’ve actually been messing around with this quite a bit. When I first started tinkering, didn’t think much difference.

But then i thought, the extra hour of darkness, should be another hour of telling the plant to start flowering (lol)

so when I flip I start 11/13. Using ANs Bud Ignitor & Cycos Potash + (starting both last week of Veg quarter strength BI/half strength P+) obv alongside with my bases/others.

I flip constantly within 9-12 days. Bud developed. So now I’ve only tried this with Candyland, Blue Cookies & GSC. All of which are a variation of Plat Cookie so...

I most of the time flip to 12/12 around week 4-5 (before week 6) ideally when I stop using Potash+ & swap it out for Big Swell or BigBud.(endwk4) - I want that extra hour of Photosynthesis for weeks 6through. them ‘Ruling Days’...when your Buds start bulking up & you gotta break out tha YoYos haha.

I’ll finish off with 12 most of the time tho I have dialed back light time in 30mins increments in the past (never under 10)

I like to finish with 12/12 until I get to around Flush then I’ll decrease light down until 48hr dark period before harvest. (Or 48hr black straight from 12)

H

hawkman

Ill run the ace gear indoors on staggerred times. Like this thread i do!
did China Yenmen a good plant grew very large - Ace has some good genetic's Also their Zamel HasH wae good but they discontiuned it. What strains are you looking at?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

This thread is supa old but...If anyones still around...I’ve actually been messing around with this quite a bit. When I first started tinkering, didn’t think much difference.

But then i thought, the extra hour of darkness, should be another hour of telling the plant to start flowering (lol)

so when I flip I start 11/13. Using ANs Bud Ignitor & Cycos Potash + (starting both last week of Veg quarter strength BI/half strength P+) obv alongside with my bases/others.

I flip constantly within 9-12 days. Bud developed. So now I’ve only tried this with Candyland, Blue Cookies & GSC. All of which are a variation of Plat Cookie so...

I most of the time flip to 12/12 around week 4-5 (before week 6) ideally when I stop using Potash+ & swap it out for Big Swell or BigBud.(endwk4) - I want that extra hour of Photosynthesis for weeks 6through. them ‘Ruling Days’...when your Buds start bulking up & you gotta break out tha YoYos haha.

I’ll finish off with 12 most of the time tho I have dialed back light time in 30mins increments in the past (never under 10)

I like to finish with 12/12 until I get to around Flush then I’ll decrease light down until 48hr dark period before harvest. (Or 48hr black straight from 12)
I think you're just fooling yourself. The triggering of flower production in cannabis is a threshold process; its either on or off. When the dark period exceeds about 10 hours, depending on the strain, a hormone is released, and flowering is triggered. This isn't spinal tap, the dial doesn't go to 11.

You've got so many moving parts in your process. There is no way to draw any rational conclusion from the above, other than cannabis being resilient to people fucking with it.

H

hawkman

I think you're just fooling yourself. The triggering of flower production in cannabis is a threshold process; its either on or off. When the dark period exceeds about 10 hours, depending on the strain, a hormone is released, and flowering is triggered. This isn't spinal tap, the dial doesn't go to 11.

You've got so many moving parts in your process. There is no way to draw any rational conclusion from the above, other than cannabis being resilient to people fucking with it.

this is a fact - a plant needs 13-13.5 hrs of darkness to "trigger" flowering. If using this in transition of veg to flower it will shorten that to 1 week instead of two

Latest posts

Top Bottom