11x9 shed perpetual grow, with some hangout room

• Thread starter Twisted420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Twisted420

Hey all, I have a shed that is around 11’x9’,
I’ve been growing a couple plants here and there in. I got the ok to go all out and grow perpetually.
I have a bunch of hps lights and ballasts that I prefer not to run,
2 switchable 1000watt halide/ 1000watt hps ballasts
1 400 watt halide ballast
2 600 watt hps ballasts
1 1000watt hps ballast

Hydro farm compact fluorescent light fixture (built in ballast and fan)
Hydro farm Raptor 8 xxl hood
2x Sun systems yield master 11-6” Classic
3x Sun systems yield master 11-6” supreme
Sun systems super sun 2 hood
Random 400w metal halide hood

I also have a decent 300watt led

I have a 12 pot ebb/flow system and plenty of inline fans.
I also have pumps and aquarium bubblers/stones.

how would you guys set up a room like this?
I want some hangout space in the veg room I think as well.
I also want to switch to led to save some moolah

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Can you clarify?

1. You have a lot of lighting equipment, but you want to buy LED lighting, instead.
2. This shed will have a veg room. Will it have a flower room?
3. You want to hang out in there.

What's the purpose of explaining all the HID lighting equipment iinformation if you don't intend to use it?

If you are going to use it, just consider how much lighting these provide. In general, a 1000W HID can light about a 5' x 5' grow space. A 600W covers about a 4' x 4' grow space. A 400W covers about 3' x 3' or less.

A 400W might be good to cover a veg space, a 1000W or two 600W would be good to cover a flower space.

Is the shed insulated? What will the temps be outside? What do you feel you need for "hang out" space?

These are questions you need to ask yourself, but you can move a 4'x4' or 5'x 5' square around a small building as well as anyone else.

T

Twisted420

I’m hoping to get rid of the lighting equipment I do have and use the $ to get leds.
I would like to split up the room for flower and veg to have a perpetual grow, hopefully harvest one or two girls monthly.
Shed is insulated, I live in a colder area. Right now it’s 46• F, 6am this morning it was 30•
The shed is my get away from the kiddos and wife area and that time is usually spent with my best friend who lives with us and helps grow and sometimes our neighbor will come too.
We might smoke a couple cigarettes or a few bowls, drink a beer. Longest amount of time spent hanging out is 45 minutes. I’ve played around with a bunch of different ideas like making an NFT system that zig zags down one wall for either vegging or cloning. Or just having a couple shelves on the wall in the veg room so I can go multi layer and save space.

I’m allowed to have 15 plants and I would like to grow the maximum amount that I can (not counting clones).
My other half was hesitant about me growing for a very long time, she decided that a couple small ones were ok 18 weeks ago or so, and she has recently decided that she is cool with me filling this space with plants as long as I have my medical paperwork.
But she is definitely not liking the extra on the electric bill since I’ve been growing.
And I was only doing 3 in flower 3 in veg and clones. I was running 2 1000 watt hps and a 600watt hps for more penetration on the flowering girls.
I didn’t purchase all of these lights, I received them as a payment for some extra work a customer wanted done at his house.
I can spend some money here and there on new equipment, but spending $300+ on a light would probably get the wife pretty upset..Even though we would save that amount in a month or two on our bill.
I just wanted some input from some farmers that have their shit dialed in a bit more.
I’ve been haphazardly growing a few and they’ve actually been turning out decent, but my layout has been shit, I’m not maximizing my space at all, we’ve been working harder than we need to.
The roomie and I both work construction and are able to run power and water to the shed, we have damn near unlimited lumber, pvc, pex, and other general construction supplies.
I could throw a wall in the middle of the room, run hot and cold water lines to the shed to make things easier, make the veg area a lil bigger so we don’t have to worry about light entering when we hang out, and shove 15 plants in there… but I would like to get some opinion first :)

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hope this helps:)

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I grow in a shed in the back yard. Harvest every month so I guess it's a perpetual grow. There's a couple pics in the thread below if you want.

jj

Top Bottom