mazar111

mazar111

pls discus this method 12/1
12 on 5,5 off 1 on 5,5 off
a day for veg
somebody try this???

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

I haven't personally tried this, but I just finished reading an extensive side by side comparison thread on another site with 12/1 method vs. the 18/6. 26 pages long or so, and the tester experienced no difference in slowed growth at all! The plants all turned out tits! Im seriously considering it this run to save on some elec.... I would like to know if anyone on this site has PERSONAL experience with it as well, but im pretty much convinced at this point it does. If I decide to run it I will start a thread and post my findings... On a side note the tester in above mentioned thread also ran MH bulbs for the first half of his flower phase before switching to HPS and noticed tighter more condensed colas in a side by side with strictly HPS for flower... SOOOOOO much experimentation to be done...:) -S0uP

mazar111

mazar111

major ask for me is about is eny chans for hermafrodit plant if i run 12/1????

ttystikk

ttystikk

I don't think so, since the whole point of the hour of light in the middle of the dark phase is to inhibit the flowering response altogether.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
and one hour is enough?

I am very interested in this method for keeping my outdoor in Veg.
lets say, if the days about 12 hours long outside....I can interrupt the dark for just one hour and they wont flower? o_O
I am going to try it...but I think I will go with a two hour interruption

420Gator

420Gator

and one hour is enough?

I am very interested in this method for keeping my outdoor in Veg.
lets say, if the days about 12 hours long outside....I can interrupt the dark for just one hour and they wont flower? o_O
I am going to try it...but I think I will go with a two hour interruption

some greenhouses even use strobe lights, not exactly sure why but it looks like all the plants are having a disco party in there:confused:

ttystikk

ttystikk

It is not the length of light that triggers flowing- is the length of darkness. Since darkness is interrupted at much less than 10 hours, following is inhibited just as surely as if you pull the curtains open during an Alaskan summer.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It is not the length of light that triggers flowing- is the length of darkness. Since darkness is interrupted at much less than 10 hours, following is inhibited just as surely as if you pull the curtains open during an Alaskan summer.
and One hour is all it takes?? :)

mazar111

mazar111

12 1 lighting cycle

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you want to see more results this is how I make my seeds first thread is The Gas Lanern Techinique and the flower thread. s call Diminishing Light Flower Schedule go and ask any question it's a fun style to grow and see unique plant expressions

This should not be a revolutionary idea; after all, mama nature has been doing a diminishing light cycle for about 4.5 Billion years now! I'm upgrading to a fully programmable environmental controller to do exactly this, among other things.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

for me its a faith thing because i dont take scientific notes and measurements i just have faith that it is better because i failed or the other method failed me i never reached these max yields people got and when i switched to mimicking or attempting to replicate nature i noticed more desireable results for me.....
for instance i dont harvest thriving green plants i harvest ripe dying plants
and i dont wait til trichrome turns amber to get couch lock i smoke ripe herbs to see which one feels like couch lock and i hardly ever reach more than 15% amber and hardly ever reach 50/50 cloudy my ripe buds are about 75 percent clear and maybe 25% milky....i like the form of the crystal or oil gland to be wavy and head to be mushroom not ball and ya get alot of that now with these nontraditional indoor grow schedules .......indoor tradition that is

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm no authority on light cycles and their effects on flowering plants, but my personal experience would suggest that the schedule outlined a few posts above would both save some power and accelerate the whole process. Of course, all these effects will be very strain dependent, as would impacts on yield.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i agree....just like anyenvironment you find phenos that flourish in the setting you provide

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Im uh break bread right now and tell you what i do specifically to save electricity you can experiment with low wattage flourescents with the hour of interrupted light and also wake up and put to sleep with lower wattage flourescent PAR studies show Seven hours of direct intense light is sufficient for flowering.....there are 54 watt strips of flos oh ya you can start at ten on 14 off if you want to save an extra hour then go to 9 on 15 off and if anyone calls bull shit send them to The Gas Lantern technique or diminishing light thread and peace out Mazarr and good luck on your ventures

Top Bottom