12/12 Light Cycle Interruption (+ 4 extra hours of light)

• Thread starter Corwinism
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Corwinism

Corwinism

Hello everyone, I'm new here to THCFarmer community. Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong thread. I'm not a complete noob to working in Cannabis gardens, but I'm on my own very first solo grow and I've got a concern regarding my light cycle. I've already scoured the web to see if I can find the answer first, but I wasn't 100% satisfied with the quality of the answers given to other growers' questions. So here I am, and this is the scenario:

I came into the grow room this morning (week 4, day 7 of flower), around 9 a.m. and realized that my grow lights were still on, which set off an alarm in my head (I have my lights on an automatic timer set to turn on at 5 p.m. and go off at 5 a.m.). I quickly found the cause of the lights not turning off. The switch on my timer had somehow flipped from "Timer On" to "Outlet On" within the past day without me realizing, so the lights remained on past their normal "bedtime". I can only conclude that the switch got bumped when unplugging a fan. This unfortunate incident caused the plants to get about an extra 4 hours of light than normal before I resolved the problem.

My question is this: Should I let the lights come back on like normal at 5 p.m. and turn off at 5 a.m.? Or should I let them sleep a full 12 hours until about 9 p.m., turn the light on and just have a shorter day period (roughly 8 hours instead of 12) by flipping them back off at the normal time? My instinct is telling me to go with option #2, but any advice/input would be greatly appreciated!

early168

early168

Personally I would turn the lights off for a full 24 hour and start your 12/12 cycle again even tho you probably more than likely didn’t do much harm to them with the extra 4 hours

Top Bottom