12/12 light period switch

• Thread starter Daviee___
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daviee___

Daviee___

Would Now be a good time to switch from veg to flowering? I know everyone says it doesnt matter you can switch whenever but I've read that in fact it does matter to have the best healthiest n most juiciest buds?

1212 light period switch
1212 light period switch 2
1212 light period switch 3
Daviee___

Daviee___

I also know that when It is time to go into flower the leafs will start getting lighter and it will stop growing with some stretching If anyone cares to enlighten me on this subject

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There is evidence that a more mature veg plant can reach higher thc in flower (ed rosenthal book) and i have noticed this personally but i have to flower plants to fit my space so i try to switch when the plants are half the size i want in flower.

The lighter green leaves is not true you want a healthy medium green plant going in.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there, it depends how what strain it is? How much it stretches in flowering? What is the recommend safe distance from your bud to the light? How old is this plant? How tall is it now? Are you planning on transplanting it before you switch to flower? I’m no pro by no means but if you do a search on this strain you will be able to find the info on it Peace!!

Daviee___

Daviee___

Well it's about three months old it struggled growing at first cause I had poor lighti
There is evidence that a more mature veg plant can reach higher thc in flower (ed rosenthal book) and i have noticed this personally but i have to flower plants to fit my space so i try to switch when the plants are half the size i want in flower.

The lighter green leaves is not true you want a healthy medium green plant going in.
Forsure thanks brother. One more question . When switching bulbs should I do it a day or two before the transition or have tje ladies wake up to a different bulb. Using Mh 600wt right now going to switch to the Hps 600wt

Anthem

Anthem

Well it's about three months old it struggled growing at first cause I had poor lighti
Forsure thanks brother. One more question . When switching bulbs should I do it a day or two before the transition or have tje ladies wake up to a different bulb. Using Mh 600wt right now going to switch to the Hps 600wt
I usually turn the lights off at their standard time on say Thursday. Would change the bulb at this time. Start them back up on Saturday for their 12/12 cycle. The 30 to 36 hours of darkness seems to product buds slightly faster. No matter when you change the light, the plant will take a day or 2 to respond, that is one of the advantages of full spectrum.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you want to keep the plant more compact leave the mh for a couple weeks. If you desire more stretch (can mean higher yield but more training may be needed) then switch to hps when switching to 12/12.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Apply bloom nutes after this switch as well correct?

I use a grow bottle all the way through and simply taper the strength down after peak ripening and keep tapering down to the finish.

But if you want to use bloom nutes at least keep using the veg a couple weeks into flower while they grow big and fast.

Top Bottom