12/12 to veg?

• Thread starter 2hitPass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2hitPass

2hitPass

Look at the top of the page, where is says: STORE
Click on it and you will be rewarded
Do you think it's too late to order a few beans for some decent outdoor plants or would I get better yield under a CMH? Thx for the help

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Do you think it's too late to order a few beans for some decent outdoor plants or would I get better yield under a CMH? Thx for the help
I guess it would depend on your location. It's getting pretty late to be starting new seeds outdoors unless you have warm weather throughout the fall. New seeds will take forever to sprout, grow, and flower at this point... you would probably end up with smallish plants, and if it flowers, smallish buds and a low yield. If you planted a month ago, things would be different. I've never used a CMH, although I do use regular MH and HPS bulbs. With an indoor grow, you can plant whenever you want and control the seasons. It might be best to grow this year's indoors with plans for outdoors next year.
On a side note, an Autoflowering strain might be better for your current situation, since they are "designed" for a short season. I've never grown an auto before, so you might have to ask around for advice.

2hitPass

2hitPass

I guess it would depend on your location. It's getting pretty late to be starting new seeds outdoors unless you have warm weather throughout the fall. New seeds will take forever to sprout, grow, and flower at this point... you would probably end up with smallish plants, and if it flowers, smallish buds and a low yield. If you planted a month ago, things would be different. I've never used a CMH, although I do use regular MH and HPS bulbs. With an indoor grow, you can plant whenever you want and control the seasons. It might be best to grow this year's indoors with plans for outdoors next year.
On a side note, an Autoflowering strain might be better for your current situation, since they are "designed" for a short season. I've never grown an auto before, so you might have to ask around for advice.
Makes perfect sense. I'll just start an indoor run. Maybe 2 large size girls this time. 4 medium size plants in a 2x4 got pretty crowded a couple months ago. Out of the 4 I started I got one male. Was honestly a relief to have the extra space.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hey you know where I can get some good seeds? I use Visa?
Bro read The Farms TOS before you get yourself in hot water!! Logic deleted your first try don’t do it again!!

Threads or posts pertaining to the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts pertaining to the 'recreational use' of narcotic substances is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts soliciting any of the aforementioned shall be deleted and the posting member will be banned from the site. Wish lists of varieties placed in posts, threads, or the members signature line area will be deleted by admin as doing so is deemed an attempt to circumvent site policy regarding solicitations.

2hitPass

2hitPass

Bro read The Farms TOS before you get yourself in hot water!! Logic deleted your first try don’t do it again!!

Threads or posts pertaining to the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts pertaining to the 'recreational use' of narcotic substances is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts soliciting any of the aforementioned shall be deleted and the posting member will be banned from the site. Wish lists of varieties placed in posts, threads, or the members signature line area will be deleted by admin as doing so is deemed an attempt to circumvent site policy regarding solicitations.
Thx for the heads up

2hitPass

2hitPass

@Auqa Man so I found 2 of what looks like pollen sacs on one of my females that decided to flower early. I plucked them off but is this something not worth saving? She's currently in a 20 gal with a 2' wide canopy. This I the same plant I thought was a male a few weeks ago but showed really nice hairs just a couple days later.

Dan789

Dan789

@Auqa Man so I found 2 of what looks like pollen sacs on one of my females that decided to flower early. I plucked them off but is this something not worth saving? She's currently in a 20 gal with a 2' wide canopy. This I the same plant I thought was a male a few weeks ago but showed really nice hairs just a couple days later.
Snap a pic, so we can weigh in...

2hitPass

2hitPass

IMG 20190519 164340

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you get some close up pics of the petioles? maybe some pics of the suspected male parts up close?

2hitPass

2hitPass

My phone has a crappy camera but it's just next to the branch. Kinda hard to see because of the "frost" on it but it's there. It started really small then got more round and uniform when I plucked earlier
IMG 20190519 1643552

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My eyes are not the best but I can't see anything that would conern me.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Sometimes the pre-pistils swell up, making it look like early male pollen sacks, which is what I thought I saw in the closeup. I really didn't see anything definite other than a bunch of female flowers!

Dan789

Dan789

I think your OK for the time being, keep an eye on this, would’ve been nice to see the top cola that got bent/broken as it was the top of the plant.

2hitPass

2hitPass

IMG 20190526 1627022
IMG 20190526 162628

I'll have to get some pics of the other two later, it started raining pretty hard as soon as I made it to the treeline lol. Really liking the structure on this one. Do you guys have any suggestions for training? I've been pinching stems once a week but I would like to see the canopy a bit more open without doing too much damage.

Top Bottom