12/12 to veg?

• Thread starter 2hitPass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2hitPass

2hitPass

New here to the forum and this is also my first grow so bare with me.
I started 4 non fem seeds at the end of Feb. this year. Without putting much thought into it I recently turned my lights to 12/12 to try and show sex. My best one turned out to be male. Anyway will it hurt them to go back to my veg cycle seeing as I want them to finish outside. Any info is appreciated, thx.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Should not hurt them. You will stress them some, and will take a few weeks to get back to veg. mode, but sunshine should take care of the rest. Plant will go back into veg., then into flower as season progresses.

2hitPass

2hitPass

Should not hurt them. You will stress them some, and will take a few weeks to get back to veg. mode, but sunshine should take care of the rest. Plant will go back into veg., then into flower as season progresses.
Ok that doesn't sound too bad. Thx for the reassurance. Also are 20 gallon pots big enough for the whole season? I started in 2 then went to 5 about 2 weeks ago.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You can re-veg plants that have been made to flower, but it will usually stall the plants for a week or two, and when they start growing again, they will be VERY bushy, with multiple branches coming from any sites that were developing buds. If you have the space and time to re-veg the plant, I would do it just for the experience of it. You can also take some cuttings, as was suggested, and start over from the ground up...although any time a clone is made from a flowering cut, the plants are always very bushy compared to regular seed started plants. SO...
You can re-veg your existing plants, yo can take cuttings and start over with known female clones, or you can do both...root some cuttings AND re-veg your current females. If gong from flowering to veg growing, I usually hit them with 24 hrs of light to jump start the process, although I use a lower level of light/luminosity until they revert. FWIW, I have had problems getting Indica plants to reveg once they have finished with their grow. Your mileage may vary!

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Ok that doesn't sound too bad. Thx for the reassurance. Also are 20 gallon pots big enough for the whole season? I started in 2 then went to 5 about 2 weeks ago.
Not much help there, I am a water dog, grow using hydroponics.

2hitPass

2hitPass

You can re-veg plants that have been made to flower, but it will usually stall the plants for a week or two, and when they start growing again, they will be VERY bushy, with multiple branches coming from any sites that were developing buds. If you have the space and time to re-veg the plant, I would do it just for the experience of it. You can also take some cuttings, as was suggested, and start over from the ground up...although any time a clone is made from a flowering cut, the plants are always very bushy compared to regular seed started plants. SO...
You can re-veg your existing plants, yo can take cuttings and start over with known female clones, or you can do both...root some cuttings AND re-veg your current females. If gong from flowering to veg growing, I usually hit them with 24 hrs of light to jump start the process, although I use a lower level of light/luminosity until they revert. FWIW, I have had problems getting Indica plants to reveg once they have finished with their grow. Your mileage may vary!
I'm gonna give it a shot. I have a 90 watt LED I can use for the cuttings. How many should I take from each plant?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yes I agree with this statement.wen reverting plants from bloom you will end up with loads of really small spindly shoots.you usually need to thin out a lot of the shoots and leave the best ones to bloom with.if you don't thin out the shoots most of the nugs you,l get will be pretty small.

2hitPass

2hitPass

These were taken a couple weeks ago I'll get fresh pics at sunrise. Had to make my closet their new home because my 2x2 tent got too small
IMG 20190412 153525
IMG 20190409 152646
IMG 20190403 144518

2hitPass

2hitPass

I feel like it was more reflective in my tent but it got to the point where the humidity was out of control all day. Plus the leaves and stems we're getting smashed on the walls.

2hitPass

2hitPass

Hey everyone and sorry for the lack of updates. I recently moved about 15 minutes up the road to a more secure location and with just me and my girlfriend it was hell. Anyway I end up with 2 females and just transplant the bigger one out of the 2. Is this bin ok? It says it's 20 gal and I put alot of holes in the bottom.
IMG 20190505 1325422
IMG 20190505 132533
IMG 20190505 1317272
IMG 20190505 131433

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Looks good. Just make sure the holes are big enough to handle the drainage from the big pot. Things look good so you don't need much of my advice!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't grow in dirt but might wanna watch the root zone temps in that black bucket if its in a sunny area I would assume the soil would breath better in a fabric pot but again i'm not a dirt guy. Just thinking out loud.

2hitPass

2hitPass

Looks good. Just make sure the holes are big enough to handle the drainage from the big pot. Things look good so you don't need much of my advice!
Thx for the encouragement! It's been a long 3 months so far just have to see it through. I pretty much applied my same method for the vegetable garden and it's been working lol.

2hitPass

2hitPass

I don't grow in dirt but might wanna watch the root zone temps in that black bucket if its in a sunny area I would assume the soil would breath better in a fabric pot but again i'm not a dirt guy. Just thinking out loud.
Good advice idk why I didn't think of that. Maybe I could paint it white or throw some brush around

Top Bottom