12hr Sexing in the tub

• Thread starter buzzon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buzzon

buzzon

I have some 20 day old photo regs started inside a very limited space that I want to sex asap. My problem is... I jumped the gun and started a few Fem Auto's at the same time. To this point my T5 light has been running 24/7 to keep the space warm enough. I'm green, and I don't want to try to take cuttings and sex those, so since it warmed up a bit i was thinking maybe i could just remove the regs from the closet at night, and put a tub over them in a dark room till morning to get a 12/12 schedule going. Would that work? Would they starve for air under there? I always expect to put something out in April, and i should know better.

buzzon

buzzon

This is definitely the place to ask a question if you don't want an answer. Not sure why I waste my time ...

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is definitely the place to ask a question if you don't want an answer. Not sure why I waste my time ...
Easy there buckwheat, everything will be fine if you just put them in a dark room, tub will work to but why? If you have a dark room.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
can you actually tell the gender sooner by forcing 12/12? i knew at 5 to 6 weeks on all mine without any light change.

i love the thread title though!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
can you actually tell the gender sooner by forcing 12/12? i knew at 5 to 6 weeks on all mine without any light change.

i love the thread title though!
Better off 24 hrs dark, depending on strain to show

buzzon

buzzon

any pictures?
I doubt it helps as they're only 3 weeks old today, but I took a few side shots yesterday. They're the 4 on the left side newly transplanted into 1 gallon pots. I asked about the tub as way to make sure the light from an outside (motion detector) light didn't bleed in through the windows. I was concerned about lack of oxygen under the tub.

Stacked 003
Stacked 001
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Can you explain further? 24 hrs of darkness sounds like certain death to me.
?death?
24 hours of darkness in early veg will help trigger the plant to start the process of showing sex. But not with every strain.
your certain death comment makes no sense whatsoever. If you want to kill em all chop em up:)

buzzon

buzzon

Chock the tub on a brick, agree with 24 hours darkness.
Not understanding the 24hrs of darkness suggestions. Seems like a death sentence? If not, i can only assume the logic is they will flip faster in an attempt to stay alive? How much of that can they take?

euphoria526

euphoria526

Not understanding the 24hrs of darkness suggestions. Seems like a death sentence? If not, i can only assume the logic is they will flip faster in an attempt to stay alive? How much of that can they take?
if you looked at the post that was about 15 before you posted the same thing you'd have your answer. ;D

24 hours of darkness starts the hormone transfer to flowering, some, not all strains might show after 24 hours of darkness. its when it falls into 48 and 72 hours of no light they might degrade.

plus its a forum, people have gardens and lives of their own. I always just bump a thread if I don't have a response. if I post before 7 am or after 7 pm for me I typically don't get a response. if you need an answer quicker than a forum, google is your friend. if you don't like google duckduckgo is a good search engine also

buzzon

buzzon

?death?
24 hours of darkness in early veg will help trigger the plant to start the process of showing sex. But not with every strain.
your certain death comment makes no sense whatsoever. If you want to kill em all chop em up:)

The plants in question are GSC photos. I thought the 24hr suggestions meant 24/7 till they flipped, but i guess your saying just one 24hr period will make them show ? My thinking was at 12/12... I was in for atleast a 2 week wait. Hopefully someone can help me sort them out by some after pics.

euphoria526

euphoria526

yeah, once they show signs they become relatively clear. out of the 4 plants I had 2 showed signs of pre sexing, turned out to be male. the other 2 that did not show easy to tell signs of sex ended up being female, finishing those 2 right now.

as a relatively new grower myself, the best thing to learn is patience, and I am one of the most impatient people! there is a vast plethora of info out there, get what fits your environment and try to guide your grow like that

buzzon

buzzon

if you looked at the post that was about 15 before you posted the same thing you'd have your answer. ;D

24 hours of darkness starts the hormone transfer to flowering, some, not all strains might show after 24 hours of darkness. its when it falls into 48 and 72 hours of no light they might degrade.

plus its a forum, people have gardens and lives of their own. I always just bump a thread if I don't have a response. if I post before 7 am or after 7 pm for me I typically don't get a response. if you need an answer quicker than a forum, google is your friend. if you don't like google duckduckgo is a good search engine also

I did do some searches, but most i found credible show how to clone them to show sex. Only having one space to do this is my issue. I put those 4 under the tub @ 11 am eastern, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

euphoria526

euphoria526

I did do some searches, but most i found credible show how to clone them to show sex. Only having one space to do this is my issue. I put those 4 under the tub @ 11 am eastern, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Let us know how it ends up. I also just have one area/ my tent to grow/dry so I get it.

buzzon

buzzon

I can't tell any real difference in these plants. They were left under the tub for 28hrs. To top it off...my camera cord is going south, and I can't seem to take a close up to save my life. I only took pics of two of them These are the clearest ones i can muster out of 20 pics. Here's #1

1 take 2 002
1 take 2 005
Top Bottom