12x12 Sealed Flower Room Advice

• Thread starter AngmohGrowz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AngmohGrowz

AngmohGrowz

Hello,

I'm in the planning stage of a 12 x 12 flower tent. I've got just about everything sorted out but could use some advice in a couple areas.

I will have two 5 x 10 grow areas to cycle monthly inside the tent. I will be using pure hydro - will definitely get a modular ebb and flow system for one side, and will experiment with DWC on the other side to see which works best as I plan to do a SOG.

I will be running c02 from a burner placed outside the tent, and all drivers for lights will be placed outside the tent. There is the possibility that I may get racks inside the tent to run double deckers on each side of the tent to double my grow area. That would mean I will be adding even more light, but that's for the future.

Questions:

What size AC do I need? I've read count up my watts inside the tent and times that by 3. If I run 4 x 1000w lights (they would be dimmed a bit tho) that would means 12,000btu just from the lights. I then need to factor in the dehumidifier watts, watts from fans, etc... Safe to say i'd need a 24,000btu to be on the safe end?

What size dehumidifier do I need? I know that pure hydro requires less than say coco, but I have no idea how to calculate this.

Opticlimate.... worth it for a tent this size? Right now I'm thinking no. Mini split ACs are not expensive and I doubt the price of whatever size dehumidifier I need will justify the cost.... I read this thing uses 1 to 2 liters of water per minute... is that correct? Seems crazy high and not worth it for a small setup. Thoughts?

RGconsulting

RGconsulting

ebb and flow is fine for sealed room, active hydro will bring more problems than benefit
especially for a flowering setup
ideally you want the reservoir out of the sealed room
not sure you want to use a tent .. they would be better directly in the room

opticlimate are more gadget than anything, get a good brand minisplit if you want a good invest .. mitsubishi, toshiba, panasonic .. you just need some space outide to put the condenser unit

try not to oversize too much to AC unit because it will be your dehumifier during the day period .. if too oversized it will run smoothly and dehumidify nothing

Latest posts

Top Bottom