13 Freaks

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Ozstoner

I see that mutation every now and then, usually on a plant that is putting out 3 leaves and branches at every node. Eventually the stem turns flat (celery pot ha ha) and then it often splits into two as if you had topped it, or else it just stays flat and mutant little branches and leaves grow out of it.

I was excited the first few times i saw it but the buds that grow from these flat stems are never as good as a normal plant, in my experience. Sometimes when it splits in 2 one of the new branches will go back to normal with a round stem and 2 branches at every node (opposite phylotaxy) instead of 3. If this happens i remove the flat stem so im just left with the normal one.

These plants with 3 leaves and branches at each node are often dodgy and best avoided where possible i have found. If you want to take a cutting from one sometimes you can find a lower branch that just has the normal 2 leaves at each node - take a cutting from this branch.

Hope they turn out well for you Lost, i've got some of these beans myself

L

Lost

Most of lmy leaves are 5-7 leaves at least. On at the top of the bud do i have fewer leaves (as to be expected), but nothing not normal.

Im not really worrying about how it turns out. Its one branch out of a 100. :)

B

bigbag

this is a common trait in the UBC Chemo strain and hybrids. the chemo pot, is alot like G-13 and is also a gov weed. supergrass' !

S

SSHZ

Looks like some of the stuff I grew from Reeferman....... it's his new strain- Celery Delight! Tastes great with peanut butter.

B

bigbag

alot of reefs stuff has g-13 in it, hence celery stem. i believe its a common afghan trait

O

Ozstoner

Most of lmy leaves are 5-7 leaves at least. On at the top of the bud do i have fewer leaves (as to be expected), but nothing not normal.

Im not really worrying about how it turns out. Its one branch out of a 100. :)

I meant three sets of 5-star leaves sprout from the growing tip, during veg, instead of the usual two sets and turn into a node that has a branch growing out from under each of the three 5-star leaves at that node instead of the normal 2 branches that you find at each node (opposite phylotaxy), so you get nodes with three leaves and three branches growing from them.

Anyway, only 1 branch, who cares. I thought you meant the whole crop, lol.

Take it easy Lost bro :)

Top Bottom