1389 ppm

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Would you believe its the first time Ive measured the ppm, I purchased a meter (am I doing this right?), I ran some water through her, kept the initial run off (after leaving it for a few seconds) and used the meter on PPM, it read 1389 ppm

I read that 1000-1600ppm is fine for the last part of the grow, whats the opinion on that?

Does this should right? Am I doing it correctly?

Izzy

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sound like ur on the right track! Keep in mind the autos eat differently that the photo cousins

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

Okay so what if your reading are still around that or closer to 1200 really and youre still fairly early on into veg? Only about 40 days in

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

So today marks days 37 from germ, and i recently received my TDS meter and after measuring my plants for the first time they all seem to be extremely high, some as high as 1200ppm but i suspect the higher ones are caused from stress? The 2 that tested over 1000ppm are the two that i have topped and LST'd. Do i need to flush my plants? Im using fox farm ocean mix, and up until yesterday ive been using tap water with a ppm of about 425ppm and ph to 6.5. But yesterday i used distilled water with enough tap water to make it 100ppm and then adddd some cal-mag and some light nutes to make the water 232ppm and 6.45ph. Most of my plants look great with the exception that they seem stressed out due to their red stems but i know it could possibly just be genetics but it seems like the color has been acquired recently.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Stress has nuthing to do with your ppm or ec , they don’t look bad to me a teaspoon of Epsom salts in a gallon of water may help the mag def. ? They do look pretty dry to me? Do you water often? And to run off ? I def would just water only for now buts that’s me

Moshmen

Moshmen

This is what too high of ppm can do , bad pic but you get the idea just keep your ph in ck and see what they ask for ? Lol
Looks good from here

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

Stress has nuthing to do with your ppm or ec , they don’t look bad to me a teaspoon of Epsom salts in a gallon of water may help the mag def. ? They do look pretty dry to me? Do you water often? And to run off ? I def would just water only for now buts that’s me
So stress wouldn't effect the amount of nutes the plant would uptake? I feel like thats gotta be the case, why else would the 2 i topped be that much higher when everything i out into them all are at a constant. And okay ill try that, i figured a little cal mag wouldnt hurt. But if im mixing distilled and tap water what should i shoot for ppm wise when mixing the water. And you're saying just add epsom salts instead?

Ruefuu

Ruefuu

This is what too high of ppm can do , bad pic but you get the idea just keep your ph in ck and see what they ask for ? Lol
Looks good from here
Also I've been having some leaves look like this but i thought it was from when i over watered followed by under watering a few weeks ago and have since cut those leaves off

Moshmen

Moshmen

So stress wouldn't effect the amount of nutes the plant would uptake? I feel like thats gotta be the case, why else would the 2 i topped be that much higher when everything i out into them all are at a constant. And okay ill try that, i figured a little cal mag wouldnt hurt. But if im mixing distilled and tap water what should i shoot for ppm wise when mixing the water. And you're saying just add epsom salts instead?
Stress does affect uptake which in turn yes affects your ppm , your tap water seems high to me but probably has plenty of calcium in it already I just add the Epsom salt to add magnesium ( mayb the reason the stems are turnin red ? ) other than that the plants imo look like the are getting what the need and I personally would be around 220 ish but that’s my water! Everyone’s is different so that’s a loaded question for me a anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom