14/10 Light Schedule

• Thread starter Kilo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kilo

ez farmers

has anyone used the 14/10 light schedule within the last 2 wks of flower? lights = 14hrs ON and 10 Hours OFF

I've heard of increased yield but cant find much about it or any growers that have documented this type of experiment via the net. I've also heard that once the plant is in the final few weeks of bloom the huge amounts of flowering hormone that are present will mean that the extra 2 hours light each day won't have an effect on the plants and some strains can take and some cant

I might give it a go :) as im 2 wks away from crop this weekend

any info or input greatly appreciated...

F

Finalopagus

I never went as much as 14 days of light "fuckin" but have done tests with 10 days and less. Have done 1/23 2/22 etc. light schedules. Used a unknown 80/20 sativa/indica (my own pat) for all tests and found no real advantage to change from 12/12.

I did see longer less developed "foxtails" on buds with 1/23 (1 hour light) for ten days

S

S. Plisskin

I am experimenting with 13/11 for weeks 3 and 4 in a 6 and a half week strain. I am knocking it back to 12/12 for the final two weeks so as not to prolong flowering. I read an article that suggested this schedule.

F

FastForward

SeenTheLight tried out 13/11 for the last couple of weeks on his MMGxG13 grow to try to speed things up a bit. He got MASSIVE yields of his, but its hard to know if that was due to light schedule or his growing skills. I think it was pretty beefy before the lighting change.

I know DJ Short recommends experimenting with light schedules for quality (as per that article TK posted a while back....the one where DJS doesn't say what his timings are but infers experimenting in 30 minute increments) but I don't think he was on about yield.

Also I've read that using MH (or even UVA) for the last couple of weeks can produce tighter buds....maybe try finishing using diff light as well as changing the timings??

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Also I've read that using MH (or even UVA) for the last couple of weeks can produce tighter buds....maybe try finishing using diff light as well as changing the timings??

I've got a small grow in flower now right that's under a 400MH sitting beside 2 beds both under 1k each of HPS. Same genetics, same nutes, same everything except the light. Buds under the MH are way more dense, thought it was just me but glad some one else has at least read about. Appreciate the info FF.

jj

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
ez farmers

has anyone used the 14/10 light schedule within the last 2 wks of flower? lights = 14hrs ON and 10 Hours OFF

I've heard of increased yield but cant find much about it or any growers that have documented this type of experiment via the net. I've also heard that once the plant is in the final few weeks of bloom the huge amounts of flowering hormone that are present will mean that the extra 2 hours light each day won't have an effect on the plants and some strains can take and some cant

I might give it a go :) as im 2 wks away from crop this weekend

any info or input greatly appreciated...

here is what i know , i have done this many times , but it has to be the right type of strain , i for example do this with sativa dom plants , and big yielding skunks with lots of side branching , must not be less than a 9 weeker , indicas can spaz out doiung this ,

the last time i did this was on the pineapples a few years ago , i start on 12 12 , then5 t 6 weeks into flower i up the light cycle to 13 hours , then a week or so later , take it to 14 and leave it at 14 till the last week then drop to 10 to make um finish , i took my pineapple to 13 weeks , they still had some white hairs but the buds were so big they were starting to rot .
you have to choose strains that will accept the light increase as a good thing ,,, plants that are all ways shooting out new growth on old buds even towards the end of flower are good cantidates .... light green leaved indica sativa , skunks do the best ,,,
i got 8.4 kilos form 9 600s in 13 weeks , in a 8ft x 8ft grow space , .2 of that weight was rot , so finished product was 8.2 ..... i would have pulled 6 kilos in 9 to 10 weeks normally .......

the down side to this i have found is flavour , because theier is new growth all the time you have different couloured resin glands , i get a red wine mushy smell form the pineapple after 11 weeks , not as nice as pineapple smell , and taste is fare less appealing .... still stunk though ...

cheese for example would not work , its buds are to tight , and cheese is does not respond well enough to trim and manipulate .....

also you want to start on 12 12 still or your plants will be to strechy at the end , and they wont notice the sudden increase of light at the start of flower , doin it in peek flower , encouriges more growth in the end result ,.
hope this helps ....

K

Kilo

plants that are all ways shooting out new growth on old buds even towards the end of flower are good cantidates/QUOTE]

great info ... thank you sonic!! .. some serious weight your getting ..I'm not notworthy :) :cool0019: I've just set up 2x dr100's so will try it in the next coming wks :handshake :bong-hits:

be nice to see hows your experiment goes JJ ..i keep ya updated

cheers thc

D

Dragon52

I know DJ Short recommends experimenting with light schedules for quality (as per that article TK posted a while back....the one where DJS doesn't say what his timings are but infers experimenting in 30 minute increments) but I don't think he was on about yield.
??

FastForward DJ was talkin about the fact that most Sativa/Sativa dom plants would benefit from expermentation in the light cycle as 18/6 and 12/12 are primarily beneficial to Indica varieties
I personally use 18/6 and 12/12 for Indica/Indica dom plants and 13/11 and 11/13 for Sativa/Sativa doms hope this helps ya all

take care

dragon

F

FastForward

Thanks Dragon - I can't really do that because I've always got a mish mash of strains growing at any one time, but thanks for the clarification. Maybe one day I'll find my canna love, but until then the search continues :)

K

keroseen

ez bro

ask Heath about this. he used to flower 12/12 for the first couple of weeks and then turn to 13/11 for the rest of bloom. dunno if he still messes around with this schedule tho.

i know he siad this was strain dependant, not all will take it. obviously it will increase yield but the trade off is increased flowering time.

KS

S

Swampdank

Landrace sativas respond well to different schedules. DJ was trying to get the point across that... Mimicking the plants natural geographical light cycle will coax out the best phenotypes. ie: For highland sativas the light angle and timing make a huge difference. To make it alot easier on yourself, just grow outdoors.

T

t0ker

ahmen to the outdoors swampdank, less worrying about bust, more room, bigger yield........ cant wait till summer!

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is another way of light manipulation i have not tried yet, but sounds promissing..

The only photoperiod manipulation from years of experiments that offered discernible improvements was this adjustment made for 1 or 2 calendar weeks at the point of maximum flowering rate: Daylength of 21 hours, 36 minutes with a dark period of 12 hours. To accomplish this, you need a 7 day, 24 hour digital timer. During a 7 day calendar week on Earth, the "sun" only cycles 5 times. This permits easily switching back to the regular 12/12 at your discretion. You may want to only alter during peak flower production to stimulate the plant's metabolism. Using this photoperiod throughout the flowering cycle will cause this:

A variety that takes 49 days of 12/12 to mature, won't see 49 - 12 hour dark periods under 21:36/12 until almost 10 calendar weeks have passed.

The total increase in light energy is almost 80%, which will produce larger yields, if all of your other enviromental conditions are kept optimal.

The total increase in flowering period is only 40%, half the potential room for improvement. This means you don't have to be perfect to win out.

Selective application of the 21:36/12 photperiod for only 1 or 2 weeks extends the wait only 2 to 4 Earth days, which makes up the missing 2 complete day and night cycles each week on Planet Ito. This permits the additional light energy to be provided without purchasing additional equipment or overloading existing circuits, which maximizes the existing system's capabilities. The main advantage is that matched with co2 and optimal nutrition, the plants metabolism will increase dramatically. I have only successfully tested this photoperiod for two weeks. The potential for a net increase of 40% over the entire cycle (80% increase in light energy vs. 40% longer wait) is worthwhile. Don't be afraid!

Day 1 - Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 - Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 - Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 - Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 - Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm

Latest posts

Top Bottom