15 amp or 20 amp or 2 15 amps? 4X8 tent two led lights

• Thread starter Sparky75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

In the REAL World where People can't pay a Union Contr $250.00 a hr, this is what people do and it works just fine......... 10 yrs ago this would pass in a lot of the back roads of the USA..... and it still does to this day.......
so op you feelit's unsafe so get it fixed and 1500.00 $ or More >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you will have power there just like you do now....

Peace Out
So I felt compelled to respond to the assumption in your statement saying the only way forward for this individual is a highly paid Union Contractor. Certainly that is a solution, but I seriously doubt your hourly rate guesstimate. All that is really necessary, contrary to your band-aid approach is someone who is an Electrician to be tasked with the fix, not some dimwit calling themselves one. I don’t know the full extent of the bad installation, but it’s repair can be accomplished through a scaleable process.
As for the passage where this exemplifies much of what passes for Electrical work in this country paints a picture of incompetence on a large scale, which I also doubt the veracity of.
Speaking to @Sparky75, if an true Electrician is located, and not just to accept because they’ve identified themselves as such, but to view any respective work they’ve done previously, requesting references are very appropriate. I hope that you ignore some of the suggestions presented and choose a solution that will allow you safely moving forward, utilizing this property for your habitation and any other intended purposes.
Good luck pursuing that resolution.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So I felt compelled to respond to the assumption in your statement saying the only way forward for this individual is a highly paid Union Contractor. Certainly that is a solution, but I seriously doubt your hourly rate guesstimate. All that is really necessary, contrary to your band-aid approach is someone who is an Electrician to be tasked with the fix, not some dimwit calling themselves one. I don’t know the full extent of the bad installation, but it’s repair can be accomplished through a scaleable process.
As for the passage where this exemplifies much of what passes for Electrical work in this country paints a picture of incompetence on a large scale, which I also doubt the veracity of.
Speaking to @Sparky75, if an true Electrician is located, and not just to accept because they’ve identified themselves as such, but to view any respective work they’ve done previously, requesting references are very appropriate. I hope that you ignore some of the suggestions presented and choose a solution that will allow you safely moving forward, utilizing this property for your habitation and any other intended purposes.
Good luck pursuing that resolution.
Dan, congratulations ! You're my first ignore on this site. It sounds to me you spent too much time behind a desk reading regulations and not enough in the field, bafflegab is political jargon. Good luck with your on going mental health issues.

Sparky75

Sparky75

What is done correctly depends in your regional location. example 1 ground rods in your location is illegal in mine we require 2- 6 ft apart. I was surprised at your no home fires in your area comment. That must either mean you live where there are only new homes built all to the newest code regulations and all the homes built before all the arc fault ground fault regs came in have burned down do to faulty wiring pre 2000. Or your statement is fear mongering ( without strict adherence to regulations) you're going to burn your house down is preposterous.
Does that thought means all homes built pre 2000 are fire hazards? Is the op on a dirt or wet cement floor? The ridged following of electrical regulations is admirable but not 100% necessary to wire safely. Do you know what web site you're on? Strict following of regulations is not what I imagine most users of this site aspire to do. What I offered as an example was safe and inexpensive and 100% legal in my home.

Is there a website that has images of proper installation with an explanation? I live in no man's land where there are hardly any codes and i think most contractors are paying low labor rates for installations and then they have a certified electrician that is their buddy they give a few hundred extra to certify the electricity and we are good to go. That is how the builders are cutting there cost for proper wiring.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Is there a website that has images of proper installation with an explanation? I live in no man's land where there are hardly any codes and i think most contractors are paying low labor rates for installations and then they have a certified electrician that is their buddy they give a few hundred extra to certify the electricity and we are good to go. That is how the builders are cutting there cost for proper wiring.
Not that I'm aware of. I'm not sure what your options are at this point. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself then hiring an electrician is your only option. You've tried it with someone that knows a bit of wiring but (imho) not enough to do the job correctly. Now you need someone that knows what they're doing to complete the job. You're going to have to bite the bullet and pay to get it done right.

I see maybe an hours work at the panel to pull out the wires without connectors then reinstall with connectors. If you have open studs and can drill through to run your new conductors and tie those new conductors into the panel another 1-2 hrs depending on length of run and ease of doing it. Then the work in your grow room with receptacles and light installation another couple of hrs depending on the circumstances and difficulty doing the job. That and the time of travel from where the electrician comes from should do it. Looks like a full days work when added up. Call around and see what a days work from someone qualified will charge you. Find a residential wireman not a company that does residential, commercial & industrial they'll charge too much for their expertise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom