15 finger leaf......?

• Thread starter BENSMOKIN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BENSMOKIN

Anyone seen this before? This plant is from seed. It grew its first set of 3 finger leaves then went straight to 7 and 9 fingers. Now it has this 15 finger leaf.

15 finger leaf
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The most fingers i have seen was 13. Mrs Mmg said “its a 13 leafer!” Lol

I have backed off on feed strength in general and dont see as many high count leaf fingers so much now. May be sparked by too much nitrogen.

B

BENSMOKIN

I have gave very little nutes. I didn't give anything but cal/mag for the first 3.5 weeks. Cal/mag due to r/o water. They haven't seen over 550 ppm with 300ish of that being cal/mag + iron. I've given them very small amounts of N. But they are in ffof which also leads to my low feedings.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have gave very little nutes. I didn't give anything but cal/mag for the first 3.5 weeks. Cal/mag due to r/o water. They haven't seen over 550 ppm with 300ish of that being cal/mag + iron. I've given them very small amounts of N. But they are in ffof which also leads to my low feedings.

550 ppm is what i give going into peak flower after im sure the nutrients have depleted in the soil. Cal mag is usually calcium nitrate. Nitrogen. And not usually neccessary in buffered potting soil. I didnt need any when i used ro and ocean forest. But i later realized i dint need ro water. My well water worked much better. But its only 150 ppm.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Maybe it's a polyploid? Dont know much about them but that's the first thing that came to mind 🤷‍♂️

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It can just be genetic of course. I was just sharing my experience. I used to get buds on the base of the fan leaves too. It stopped with less fertilizer too.

B

BENSMOKIN

It can just be genetic of course. I was just sharing my experience. I used to get buds on the base of the fan leaves too. It stopped with less fertilizer too.

I'm interested in your experiences actually. What lights do you use? Do you have led experience? If so, to your knowledge is the effects of led and cal/mag issues a real thing? I've read opinions go both ways. I was having what I believe to be mag issues with my plants early on. I raised my light and upped my cal/mag to full dose and the plants exploded with growth. I was within manufacturer recommend distance from the light but im now outside of their recommended distance at 32 inches from my pants without any real stretching for the light and all issues have stopped.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm interested in your experiences actually. What lights do you use? Do you have led experience? If so, to your knowledge is the effects of led and cal/mag issues a real thing? I've read opinions go both ways. I was having what I believe to be mag issues with my plants early on. I raised my light and upped my cal/mag to full dose and the plants exploded with growth. I was within manufacturer recommend distance from the light but im now outside of their recommended distance at 32 inches from my pants without any real stretching for the light and all issues have stopped.

I still use hps. No led experience. Sorry. I did notice i needed more base nutes (calcium and mag included) with my 315 cmh though. Its the fuller spectrum. They grow more leaves.

B

BENSMOKIN

I still use hps. No led experience. Sorry. I did notice i needed more base nutes (calcium and mag included) with my 315 cmh though. Its the fuller spectrum. They grow more leaves.

I will say i tried to turn my cobs on at one point and they didn't like it at all. It made the issue worse within hours. I believe I was dealing with more of a too much light issue more so than cal/mag issue. I could have probably got away with less cal/mag had I raised my lights sooner. But im no expert by any means and i could be completely wrong. Its just what I've taken from my experience.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will say i tried to turn my cobs on at one point and they didn't like it at all. It made the issue worse within hours. I believe I was dealing with more of a too much light issue more so than cal/mag issue. I could have probably got away with less cal/mag had I raised my lights sooner. But im no expert by any means and i could be completely wrong. Its just what I've taken from my experience.

Good observation i think. When i see issues the first thing i do is move the plants away from the light some. It decreases nutrient needs and stress. Basically slows things down.

Top Bottom