150 HPS vs 600w Led

• Thread starter Kquira
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

which one is more effective to Veg cannabis im getting two lights for a micro grow in a garden
2 *150 hps sunburts hydrofarm etc

I'm confused about a couple things: I thought MH was better for veg(?). And what is the space of your grow? (300w of HPS doesn't sound micro to me.).

I've been looking at SunPulse 150w CMH bulbs. They're made by Summit Lighting (who makes the fixture for them: Summit 150). There are 4 bulbs/spectrums available (3000K, 4000K, 6400K and 10,000Ks. That 10k bulb sounds interesting for supplementing in flower. I wonder if it has a lot of UVA/B.).

That caught my eye because I love CMH 315w lighting at 35w/sq ft (for tall spaces; T5HO @40w/sq ft for short spaces). I'm wondering if this 150w would be good for short spaces.

I don't know much about this product. The fixture used to be called Endomaxx. It could be junk. Not trying to promote it. But, if you're into trying things you might consider it. It doesn't take a superior light to veg.

I'm getting ready to buy one of these with all four bulbs ($40 each) see how it works.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Thnx for reply brother, all im looking for is supplemental light is just for veg as i am in a greenhouse 4-5 hours good light in summer not so good or steady in winter trying to veg 18hr , u think couple roleadros 600w as adver im aware of actual wattage could do the trick for a 6*3 space? what you think about this product , is it better than roleadros or hps
HLG 65 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom 4000K
thank you

Those hlg 65 cover a 3x3 area or 9sq feet in veg. So you would need 2 of them for that area.

Or if you go with roleadro I’d get three and space them evenly apart. Make sure to pay attention to the real wattage and figure out how many you’ll need.

Also, take temperature into consideration. A lot of those roleadro’s can run hot which could be good or bad. Summer could get HOT but they will help warm in the winter.

The hlg qb’s put out no heat.

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

I'm confused about a couple things: I thought MH was better for veg(?). And what is the space of your grow? (300w of HPS doesn't sound micro to me.).

I've been looking at SunPulse 150w CMH bulbs. They're made by Summit Lighting (who makes the fixture for them: Summit 150). There are 4 bulbs/spectrums available (3000K, 4000K, 6400K and 10,000Ks. That 10k bulb sounds interesting for supplementing in flower. I wonder if it has a lot of UVA/B.).

That caught my eye because I love CMH 315w lighting at 35w/sq ft (for tall spaces; T5HO @40w/sq ft for short spaces). I'm wondering if this 150w would be good for short spaces.

I don't know much about this product. The fixture used to be called Endomaxx. It could be junk. Not trying to promote it. But, if you're into trying things you might consider it. It doesn't take a superior light to veg.

I'm getting ready to buy one of these with all four bulbs ($40 each) see how it works.
Recent research has proven that hps can be used during both veg and bloom. I’m trying to the find the articles I came across while reading about this a few months back. If I find them, I’ll add the links.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I’ve have good luck with roleadro lights. You have to have a bunch of them since their true wattage is not what they advertise. I have 4 in a 3x3 flower tent that equals to about 800 true watts. They’re good if you’re in a pinch and offer good deals(60% off) on amazon quite often. I only buy them when they are on sale. I am converting to hlg quantum boards since I get awesome results with my hlg qb in my veg tent. I would say if you’re choosing between one LED or one HPS, I would go with the HPS.
This is why I say they are filth. I guess filth is a strong word but still
800 real led watts in a 3x3 is way more than necessary. Too much for a 4x4 in fact. I’m using 600 ish Watts cmh/led right now in a 5x5. I’m going to add another 100-150 watts at some point but I’m currently happy and bangin out weight.
4-600 w for 4x4. 600-900w in 5x5 is rules of thumb with any half efficiencent LEDs. Don’t get me wrong those lights are growing the weed and that’s what counts. Just could be doin the same off half the wattage with even fairly cheap but legit spectrum leds.
Not hating just debating.
I’m currently using about 900 watts counting my veg and flower. (40ish sq ft total) using bout 300w spread out for vegging 4x4ish space

K

Kquira

This is why I say they are filth. I guess filth is a strong word but still
800 real led watts in a 3x3 is way more than necessary. Too much for a 4x4 in fact. I’m using 600 ish Watts cmh/led right now in a 5x5. I’m going to add another 100-150 watts at some point but I’m currently happy and bangin out weight.
4-600 w for 4x4. 600-900w in 5x5 is rules of thumb with any half efficiencent LEDs. Don’t get me wrong those lights are growing the weed and that’s what counts. Just could be doin the same off half the wattage with even fairly cheap but legit spectrum leds.
Not hating just debating.
I’m currently using about 900 watts counting my veg and flower. (40ish sq ft total) using bout 300w spread out for vegging 4x4ish space
Whats good guys, i ended getting a couple of these Cree CXB3590 at 100w each. Im gonna use them to veg, in my greenhouse 5*5, then flower with 315 cmh, what you guys think about those lights? Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom