150 watt micro scrog

• Thread starter ScrogFrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ScrogFrog

whats good everyone?

Im set on running a micro grow. I have a 1000 watter, 400 watt MH, 400 watt HPS, but i have no room to run them right now. I plan on expanding soon and getting a scrog going using the 400MH for veg, and then adding the HPS to it for bloom. (OR SHOULD I JUST USE THE 1000 WATT HPS?) which would be more efficient?

for this micro scrog I have a 150 watt sun system HPS, 16000 lumens. For ventilation i have 2 sunlight supply ECOPLUS 4.5 inch axial fans, 70 cfm. I have one on the lower half the west wall pulling air in. and the other in the upper corner pushing air out.

Idk the exact measurements of the dresser im using right now i didnt write it down. i will have those for yall tomorrow. these pics will give u a good idea of the size of this grow.
IMAG0331

IMAG0332

IMAG0333

IMAG0334

IMAG0335

G

GrowBox

You should put some hinges on the front so you could just open it all up like a door. Looks good cant wait to see some green in that cab.

S

ScrogFrog

yeah thanks for the input. I plan on doing that as soon as i get some time. Im vegging out a few clones right now. i will get pics up tomorro morning. as of now theres 4 Pure bubba kush clones and 2 OG clones. Ima take the best looking OG and the Best pure bubba and mom them out. and just keepin doing clone runs in the dresser. im looking to hit atleast 3 zips from there im trying to work my way close to 5. I have sum beans also that i would like to start a few moms of.

(CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SUM INPUT ON WHICH STRAIN OR 2 THEY FEEL I SHOULD GROW CUZ I CANT CHOOSE I WANNA LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING.)

BC - chitrali#1 aka purple pakistan
Next Generation - Avalon ( afghan kush x Blueberry)
Next Generation - GrapeGod
Next Generation - Dynamite
SOL - Blubonic
Sweet Seeds - Green Poison
SOG - double dutch
reddy - caligula
Nirvana - raspberry cough
Nirvana - Blackberry
DNA - Lemon skunk
DNA - rocklock
Big Buddah - Blue cheese
Big Buddag - Bubble cheese
Barneys - Red cherry Berry
Ceres - White smurf

S

ScrogFrog

dimensions of the box are 21" tall x 16" deep x 29" wide
the hps is 18" above ground.

Merry Xmas farmers

S

ScrogFrog

some info on the caligula by reddy.

Caligula is a mix pack of 11 different males with my super frosty Menage a Trois as the mother.
3 seeds of...
Rez's Chemdog IX-III(4 male pollen mix) x Menage a Trois
and 2 seeds of...
MOD Kali Dream x Menage a Trois
Deep Chunk outdoor hybrids(pipeline) x Menage a Trois
Homegrown Fantaseeds Outdoor Mix x Menage a Trois
BC BUD The Purps IBL x Menage a Trois
SB Freebie Early Skunk x Chemdog DD x Menage a Trois
My C99 x Cali Orange x Menage a Trois
SB Freebie Mazar i Sharif x Menage a Trois

S

ScrogFrog

Update

I transplant all 6 plants. 1 pure bubba and 1 og went into 2 gallon pots, the rest went into 5" square pots. 1 og and 1 pure bubba will become mini moms under a florescent. My medium is Roots Organic soil with General Organics Ancient Forest humus at a ration of 5:1 soil:humus. The clones love the 150 HPS, I feel the 150 is perfect for this setup due to there being a only a little heat coming off. Light is currently set for 18/6 I will be vegging for 2 weeks and then every 2 days i will drop down 1.5 hours until i get to 12. I will go 1 month 12/12, 2 weeks 11.5/12.5, 2 weeks 11/13, 1 week 10.5/13.5, and 1 week 10.25/13.75. This is just a little experiment for me to see if the lighting schedule has a more productive effect as o just switching directly to 12/12 for the rest of bloom, We are trying to mimic nature and the sun doesnt shine 18 hours one day and then all of a sudden the next its 12/12. Im sure this will have a positive effect on the growth and developement of flowers.

here are a few pics from last night. sorry for the pic quality they were taken on my fone.

3 pure bubbas and 1og. (og clone in the left top corner)

IMAG0337

og lookin' strong

IMAG0338

pure bubba clone "super" supercropped. :)

IMAG0339

another supercropped pure bubba

IMAG0340

the tallest pure bubba

IMAG0341

the Most vigorous og clone in her 2gal

IMAG0342

3 headed monster pure bubba in her 2gal (shes perfect to scrog imo)

IMAG0343

group shot

IMAG0344

here is a random pics of the humus I used.

IMAG0345

S

ScrogFrog

heres a few pics of the og and pure bubba in flower @ 5 weeks. they're my homie Gramtown's ladies these are the moms to my clones. shout out to GT! BTW these are outdoor im sure

Pure Bubba

IMAG0352

IMAG0348

lemon larry OG

IMAG0354

IMAG0355

G

GRAMTOWN

tht setup is lookin nice scrog! needs a few improvements, I would say drop tht foil inside and go get some mylar. its less hassle. Also get tht door together with the hinges like u stated. other then tht Im sub'd to see what you can pull out of tht little thing. I say 3 zips all day. Once u get it dialed in i believe u can hit the 4-5 oz mark.

as far as the strain go, they have been nothing but good to me so far. I havent gotten as far as smoking but they havent givin me any problems. no deficiencies at all and they smell even better then they look. The lemon larry has tht signature OG smell so far lemon fuel with a little musk behind it. The pure bubba smells BOMB A.F! no lie i cant stop sniffing it, shit is addicting. smells like a grape tootsie pop / grape bubble gum mixed with a deep musky kush smell. I hope it comes out as dank as it smells man!

take care of those gals bro, if u need anything hmu

T

Thebogie

Growin Heaven in 11! Schrog, Like the sounds of ur flower lite schedule. Sounds nat. Please let us know how u feel it affected yield.
thx

S

Steve Z

grow some strains from the farm!!! your going to get the best help,

not a single one of those strains is showin love for this place!!

super clean shit though, nice set up!

enjoy good luck

Melvan

Melvan

Lose that foil now, if you haven't already. Put up the mylar, or better yet, just paint it flat white. Foil is for cooking, and that's what it will do to your plants as it holds the heat, and isn't really that reflective.

All you need to do to make that cab airtight before flower is get some weather stripping and put it wherever the light is coming out, 1/2" is fine. I'd say as long as you're vegging don't worry about it, air is also coming and going through those light cracks, might as well take advantage of it. But be sure to fix the problem before you go on 12/12.

I am an old school grower, my diary is in my sig. It continues to amaze me how resourceful someone who is determined to grow can be. I love watching these cab grows, green mojo to your ladies.

S

ScrogFrog

sorry for the delay farmers. i've been pretty busy with work and trying to get my grow space as efficient as possible. instead of using mylar i just used aluminum foil tape and tried my best not to leave any creases. I disagree with the statement that aluminum foil isnt a good reflective material, it is good as long as there arent creases and folds creating small beams of light which WILL start to cook leaves. I ran into a little problem I brought some roots organic soil from Green Coast Hydro in Long Beach and it was infested with fungus gnats.. i should of known though because they keep the soil right by the door which is wide open 24/7... Im working on getting rid of these little fuckers ASAP before they fck my roots up.. i will be posting pics up later tonight to show the progress and i just Got down to 12/12 today... besides the fungus gnats everything is going really good.

Melvan

Melvan

Foil is for cooking. It's job is to hold; then transfer, heat. You're making a wrong choice using it. 12/12 while battling pests? Another bad choice. Should have left them on veg until you remedied the situation.

I hate to be a downer, but know that I'm only interested in your harvesting the maximum, what you're choosing to do will only bring you the minimum.

S

ScrogFrog

Alright I appreciate it melvan I will go get mylar tomorrow. What should I do about the going 12/12 situatuion? The scrog net is nearly full thats why I just decided to go 12/12, should I just continue on a 14/10 light schedule and begin cutting down branches until I get rid of the pest?

S

ScrogFrog

I respect you melvan for your criticism and greatly appreciate it

S

ScrogFrog

I have some Gognats do you think that will be good for getting rid of them?? Also, Do you think orange peel oil will repel them or have any effect on their numbers

Melvan

Melvan

I have some Gognats do you think that will be good for getting rid of them?? Also, Do you think orange peel oil will repel them or have any effect on their numbers

If you've only done one 12/12 cycle I would say switch back to 24/0. If you're beyond that, just let it go.

I have no experience with Gognats, can't help you with that.

For fungus gnats you should:

1) be careful not to overwater.

2) Use the potato trap method. Cut potatoes into 1.5" pieces, put them on top of soil, leave for a couple of days, larvae in the soil will come to chow, remove the potatoe, start again.

3) Search online for a place to purchase beneficial nematodes. You water them into the soil and they eat the larvae, infestation gone in about a week. If you're in a mmj state I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't just get them at a local grow shop. Use the potato trap method while you're waiting for these to be delivered.

Good luck.

S

ScrogFrog

Thanks Melvan im ordering those beneficial nematodes ASAP! I will update you on the progress, hopefully they work. (fingers crossed)

Top Bottom