16/12 flower cycle anyone try it.

• Thread starter larebowm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

larebowm

Im wondering if anyone has tried a 16/12 flower cycle to increase yield.Ive been told this will incfrease yield but lengthen flower time??:cool:

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

That would tranlate to your plants waking and sleeping at differnt times of the day correct 16+12=28 so what kind of times you got? I think I may run a 13-11 next or 12half and 11 half. This site lets you see what the day light hours are though out the year at differnt lats. You can see what a plant in the Hindu Kush mountains in afganistan hours are, or elsewere. I use google maps and place a point on it to get a lats I want.

http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html

L

larebowm

cool thanks for the link.yes it would cut into each day changing wake and sleep times but plants cant tell time so as long as they get there twelve sleep they should stay in flower.requires 24hr 7day digital timer.ive read somewhere cant seem to find it now that mj doesnt benefit from more than 16 hrs during flower.

N

noone88

You can do this with a digital recycle timer. I'm more interested in something like 6/12 or 8/12.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sentinel has a digital recycle timer that does this. I have one, and would very much like to play with it- you know, with all the extra time on my hands...

bat_j

bat_j

That idea sounds really interesting... It should work just fine, as long as a 24/7 digital timer is provided.

G8tfulgrdens

G8tfulgrdens

That would tranlate to your plants waking and sleeping at differnt times of the day correct 16+12=28 so what kind of times you got? I think I may run a 13-11 next or 12half and 11 half. This site lets you see what the day light hours are though out the year at differnt lats. You can see what a plant in the Hindu Kush mountains in afganistan hours are, or elsewere. I use google maps and place a point on it to get a lats I want.

http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html

I'm thinking about trying 13 on 11 off during week 2,3,4. Not sold but keep having a fellow grower claim it helps his yields and overall devolpment. I have a large variety of genetics in most my garden spaces so don't think i can pin point it with the lats effectivly. I'm very curious and was wondering if you had any experience running anything other than 12/12 or anybody else for that matter? Thanks:)

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm thinking about trying 13 on 11 off during week 2,3,4. Not sold but keep having a fellow grower claim it helps his yields and overall devolpment. I have a large variety of genetics in most my garden spaces so don't think i can pin point it with the lats effectivly. I'm very curious and was wondering if you had any experience running anything other than 12/12 or anybody else for that matter? Thanks:)

Once upon a time, I grew a super short finishing strain of northern lights, harvesting at just 6 weeks. Due to power consumption concerns, I ran the hps thouie only 10.5 hours a day and the balance of 13.5 was the dark period. The plants saw this throughout bloom, having come from a final veg under a 400W MH running at 18/6.

I got an average of four zips a plant from six plants, and since I ran a perpetual there were always two crops under the one light. I had the light in a primitive open parabolic reflector that still did a good job of allowing the bulb to shine out to the sides well, and that was mounted on a light rotator so it traced a circle roughly 4' in diameter. The whole flowering area for two stages totaling a dozen plants was a rough circle shape about 8' in diameter, or about 50sq ft.

I got a lot right back then, and sometimes I wonder if I'm working too hard at 'improvements' now. A little healthy skepticism, or nostalgia? Perhaps a bit of both...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I've got about three harvest with 10 on 14 off and I vegged with 13 / 11 with the thirteenth hour in the middle of the dark period....it was a lot of fun trying something new and I think with some breeding this method could match maximum yields with less power.....only time will tell and I will find out soon godwilling

tweedy

tweedy

I've fucked up the timing on a test tent that I have because I've been doing it by hand to test my dedication to a manual light dep outside next year and I can safely say so far even with all sorts of fucked up hour lengths ranging from 9 to 14 hours of light and even a few days of accidentally leaving it on 24 hours at a time things are dense and hermie free.

This leads me to think one could manipulate extra leaf growth inside a finished bud if there were no intersex traits in the plant and pick up on some extra weight by throwing it "back into veg" so to speak.

tweedy

tweedy

I'm a big fan of trying experiments and this day night manipulation is my favorite
Certainly one of the easiest and most fun to control. My next experiment is going to be roots under vacuum pressure to play with transpiration rates.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Gas Lantern Routine. .Works wonders for veg.... Rapid Growth.. Flower on 10-14 never changing it either..Try it..

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I've got about three harvest with 10 on 14 off and I vegged with 13 / 11 with the thirteenth hour in the middle of the dark period....it was a lot of fun trying something new and I think with some breeding this method could match maximum yields with less power.....only time will tell and I will find out soon godwilling

Exactly what i use far as schedule. You try them on clones? A pal of mind said he got roots ina homemade bubble cloner in 4 days with the light schedule.

Top Bottom