160 pot ucrdwc 10+k Watts

• Thread starter superchedda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

superchedda

Hi all

Here's a pic of something I DIYed I don't have the time to do a full write up about it so will just bullet point some things about the pot system for speed.

• Water is brought back to the tank at the top the four rows are connected to it via 13klph pumps
  • Water is delivered to the pots via the top which goes into a spray bar
  • Pots connected via 40mm tube

lol that's that then. But really its seriously expensive room worth the headache probably not.

Any feedback would be nice I might post more pictures.

Thanks

160 pot ucrdwc 10k watts
thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Now that's a space ship! Way too many joints were smoked during the thought of this build. But shit I wanna see more!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Cut the plants in half and you will get a better yield. Way to close together. I know you have space limits but way to close. You get bugs and they all get bugs same with root rot. Air flow will be an issue due to density. The plants got no room. Sure they will grow but not not well.

People who have used RDWC for a while have discovered that more is not better, a buddy gets 20# from 8 plants in the jumbo with vertical lighting. I get 1 1/2 to 2# per plant with my big system 30 gal. If you want #'s you need room. Also keeping the numbers down keeps the number of years in jail down too.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Those big ass tubs are crammed in side by side and they could be on 50"+ centers... I'm with Woods, that's enough RDWC gear for ten times this square footage!

monkeymun

monkeymun

Holy shit. I need to see that in full swing. You are doing justice to this place being called "The Farm".

neverbreak

neverbreak

ya don't mess around do ya bro. that's thinkin big, if ever i've seen it. ya ever grown on this scale before?

neverbreak

S

superchedda

haha hi guys thanks for the reply's.

Been a bit busy lately, not had time to reply.

They are close together the pots, but they only veg for a week and only go as high as the top net.

We got just over 2z per plant, one 600w light covers 9.5 plants.

Since we only visit once every 12 to 14 days if one plant got spider mites even if we have spread them they all would have got the mites, touch wood not got any yet.

Root rot would spread with less plants the same as it would with more, the water is flowing really fast down the rows and back into the tank at the back where it is being mixed up with aquarium wave makers and there's 2 venturis in that tank + air stones + the water when it returns into the tank is connected to pipe that has 7ml holes in it and the pipe shape is similar the shape of a digital number 8. Then the water is pumped back into the pots through the white pipes where it is forced through a 5ml hole into the tank creating a flooming effect in every pot. In other words that waters moving around so fast that it could be anywhere in the system within 5mins I suspect.

The pic is from the first run some things have changed we have increased the water flow considerably as our oxygen meter started showing dissolved oxygen levels of 6.4 - 7.2 towards the end, we put this mainly to an explosion of beneficial bacteria ( we dosed to high in the beginning).

there's a lot you can't see in that picture alone, for example there is 18 fans ranging from oscillating fans on the walls to free standing fans under the tables moving air in the room.

On top of that we have into total 12 RVK fans doing varying jobs such as 3 12" used on 3 carbon filters 2 12" used on intakes and the other 6 are used to cool down air before it exits (some is brought back into the room ) the building to below outside temperature. As its winter the room can be brought down to 15c that's with 17 lights 5 water chiller and 20+bits and bobs causing heat all in the same room. Without putting fans on more then 50% power.

Water temp ranges from 18c to 20c, major problem we realised was if you lift the net pots up when your high and you watch a shit load of pebbles fall into the water and you've been working in the room for a few hours and decide fuck it and just place the net pot back thinking the pebbles float anyway, you will come back to a shit load of work. lol

Other then it being difficult to judge nutrients and over doing it a bit its been okay, we usually go with autopot systems and in that same room we had autopot with dwc we increased yield by 40% but that's mainly due to the fact autopots valves clog up and plants die

We also have a RO 6 stage water filter which fills up a tank you can see in the pic as its in separate room, then once that tanks full a float switch in another tank that you also cant see in the above pic activates when water drops in said tank. This activates the pump in the ro tank which then pumps water to the other tank, that tank tops up the tank at the back of the room when the water level drops, this tank also hold a nutrient mixture which enables us to not vist often.

The problem is it takes 5 days minimum with a 550 liter per day filter to make enough water to fill the entire system also the waste water from the system is very high. That's something we are going to change.

Ok I wrote a story lol.

Any feedback would be nice.

Thanks

Top Bottom