16ft wide 14ft long , 8.5ft ceiling , do I have enough room for 6 Slim 1000w de gavitas?

• Thread starter Thechronic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thechronic

Thechronic

my building is actually 28 ft long

so I split it in 2 And I want 2 flower rooms alternate split , with 12 gavitas total.

Is a 16x14 with 8.5ft ceiling ok for those lights? Of course I will have atleast 4ft from bulb to canopy ,
I will have a mini split A/C and co2

would I need 150* degree reflector?

Pic of grow room
Thanks!

16ft wide 14ft long  85ft ceiling  do i have enough room for 6 slim 1000w de gavitas
Munch517

Munch517

At that room height you'd just train your plants to keep them short and scrog, I've seen people run plants within couple feet of regular 1000w lights, not sure how much different the de ones are. If you absolutely have to keep them 4' from the canopy that'd be tough.

Have you considered LEDs? I always have to ask people when they're doing a bigger setup that I assume is for profit because good LEDs pay for themselves if you can swing the upfront cost. Depending on your electrical costs and how often you change bulbs, and how expensive those bulbs are, you can usually recoup your money on a commercial grade LED within 2-4 years. That's before considering the savings by using less AC equipment and electricity, or the increased yield due to better light spread and the fact that most of the 4x4 commercial fixtures are closer to 1200w de replacements (consuming 650w-700w).

To run through a hypothetical I'll compare a $250 1000w de Gavita to a $1300 645w Fluence Spydr 2p running a 12hr flower cycle, I'll assume a $0.13/kwh electric rate. The Fluence uses $367 per year in electricity, the Gavita costs $569 per year to run, a difference of $202 per year, adding in a bulb change at $80 that brings you to $282 per year in extra costs with the Gavita. That brings your break even point to just over 44 months just factoring the light's electricity and bulb replacements. That's trying to be optimistic about the Gavita, assuming a low fixture price and a fairly cheap bulb replacement only once a year. And if used for 18-20hr veg cycles you see a return quite a bit sooner.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Possible, yes. Forgiving, no. You'd have to finish plants at about 4.5 feet or less. I ran AC/DE's in a shorter space, and the sheer intensity of the light stressed plants that got within 30", and this with an aircooled fixture with a lens.

Thechronic

Thechronic

Here’s the design of my other grow room X2 split 12ft w x 18ft L 9.5FT High maybe I can get it to 10FT or 14ft L x 16FT wide 8.5FT high, with 6 Gavita DE SLIM 1000W . Those are the layout I drew not sure which would work better , I am thinking bottom ,

Thechronic

Thechronic

I
At that room height you'd just train your plants to keep them short and scrog, I've seen people run plants within couple feet of regular 1000w lights, not sure how much different the de ones are. If you absolutely have to keep them 4' from the canopy that'd be tough.

Have you considered LEDs? I always have to ask people when they're doing a bigger setup that I assume is for profit because good LEDs pay for themselves if you can swing the upfront cost. Depending on your electrical costs and how often you change bulbs, and how expensive those bulbs are, you can usually recoup your money on a commercial grade LED within 2-4 years. That's before considering the savings by using less AC equipment and electricity, or the increased yield due to better light spread and the fact that most of the 4x4 commercial fixtures are closer to 1200w de replacements (consuming 650w-700w).

To run through a hypothetical I'll compare a $250 1000w de Gavita to a $1300 645w Fluence Spydr 2p running a 12hr flower cycle, I'll assume a $0.13/kwh electric rate. The Fluence uses $367 per year in electricity, the Gavita costs $569 per year to run, a difference of $202 per year, adding in a bulb change at $80 that brings you to $282 per year in extra costs with the Gavita. That brings your break even point to just over 44 months just factoring the light's electricity and bulb replacements. That's trying to be optimistic about the Gavita, assuming a low fixture price and a fairly cheap bulb replacement only once a year. And if used for 18-20hr veg cycles you see a return quite a bit sooner.
I would love to get LEDS I’ve seen the gavita ones and some other brands too but they are way to expensive for me ,

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Six if too much sqft of canopy to light spread and the heat would be an issue, spread out 4 spaced out evenly will give you a better spread of par and cheaper on the power bill. More light doesn’t necessarily translate to more yield when space is the constraint.check your light spread with a single unit mounted and see what the center to the edge values are and it will very quickly tell you the over laps and qty of lights needed

Thechronic

Thechronic

Six if too much sqft of canopy to light spread and the heat would be an issue, spread out 4 spaced out evenly will give you a better spread of par and cheaper on the power bill. More light doesn’t necessarily translate to more yield when space is the constraint.check your light spread with a single unit mounted and see what the center to the edge values are and it will very quickly tell you the over laps and qty of lights needed

hey, I thought 6 because gavita recommends them 4ft apart
Ok will do when I get them

Top Bottom