17 days drying and stems still won't snap

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

Maintaining a steady ~60% humidity and temps. Still, after 17 days I am still not getting a clean snap from my stems. I don't want to over dry, but I also don't want mold problems during cure.

Here is the layout in the tent. Lots of air circulation.

17 days drying and stems still wont snap 2
17 days drying and stems still wont snap
17 days drying and stems still wont snap 3

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Break off a couple big handfuls and put them in a jar with a meter.

30roll

30roll

Yeah this.. See where they're at.. Your equipment seems to be working well, and you might be perpetually hydrating them.
Nice Harvest BTW!

Scar818

Scar818

your temperature seems too high should be in the 60s and you can lower humidity to 50-55

Pondracer

Pondracer

Awesome advice, I had not thought about using a small hygrometer in a jar. Perfect. Ordered a bunch today. My best tasting cure was done with pet food storage containers and some air pumps on a timer. Then into CVaults with Bovida packs. CVaults are so expensive though. I have a bunch of large mason jars and some stainless steel kimchi storage containers to go with this time. I hate manually burping them, I just forget / am lazy.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Awesome advice, I had not thought about using a small hygrometer in a jar. Perfect. Ordered a bunch today. My best tasting cure was done with pet food storage containers and some air pumps on a timer. Then into CVaults with Bovida packs. CVaults are so expensive though. I have a bunch of large mason jars and some stainless steel kimchi storage containers to go with this time. I hate manually burping them, I just forget / am lazy.
Onyx container similar to cvault but without the boveda storage spot.

Put it all into a 17 liter and burp it all at once

Don't use the boveda unles you have to. Imo

Pondracer

Pondracer

I only use the Boveda on the 2 CVaults that I keep my personal in after the cure is complete. I kind of like how it keeps it after a long time (>6 months) but too expensive for the rest of it which I use for edibles anyway.

Dropped the hygrometer into a large mason jar about half way filled. After 24 hours I show 50%. Stems snapped better today. Going to pull it out of the tent and put it in for curing.

Top Bottom