17 days into flowering getting too tall

• Thread starter jlo2302
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jlo2302

Whatsup everyone. Growing this White Widow fem. Had it in veg for around 3 1/2 months. It's been in flowering stage for 17 days now. It was topped once. Plant is almost touching the lights. Threw a scrog towards the top today it's around 12 inches from it now. Defoliating some fan leaves today. Any advice for the distance of the plant to light now? Worried that it is too close. Thank you everyone.
17 days into flowering getting too tall
17 days into flowering getting too tall 2

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Been there, done that. Let my plants grow too long before flowering. Yesterday I replaced my grow tent with a taller one. Gained all of 10 inches of clearance. Maybe less. Lot of work and money for that. You can see some of the oils of the change on page 4 of thread Explosive Growth in Coco Coir.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Try some super cropping: squash a stem, then bend the branch over so it is at a 90 degree angle. You may have to tie it down, or it will try to straighten itself up again.

If you can't squash the stem in your fingers, use a pair of pliers.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Whatsup everyone. Growing this White Widow fem. Had it in veg for around 3 1/2 months. It's been in flowering stage for 17 days now. It was topped once. Plant is almost touching the lights. Threw a scrog towards the top today it's around 12 inches from it now. Defoliating some fan leaves today. Any advice for the distance of the plant to light now? Worried that it is too close. Thank you everyone. View attachment 1222787View attachment 1222788
Bend them over, squeeze hard where you want to bend and lay the branch down. It'll open up more lower shoots/ branches to the light...bonus..fill the tent by laying it over....Even if you snap a branch as long as you don't snap it off you're good a bit of duct tape will hold it until it builds a stronger nub where you bent it over...This was 1 week ago

Yesterday

J

jlo2302

Try some super cropping: squash a stem, then bend the branch over so it is at a 90 degree angle. You may have to tie it down, or it will try to straighten itself up again.

If you can't squash the stem in your fingers, use a pair of pliers.
Nice. I didn't think about that. Sounds good.

Top Bottom