18 Days Into Flower. Yellowing Tips. Iron Deficiency?

• Thread starter GreenMtnHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenMtnHigh

18 days into flower. ILGM Zkittlez under two TS-1000 set at 80% power and 18” over the canopy. FFOF, FF Tiger Bloom every other watering, .5 teaspoon of recharge per gallon per watering with 6.0 ph’d tap water.
The leaf tips turned a bright yellow green, then yellow and now starting to turn brown. The new growth is also bright green. This is happening to all the new/newer growth tips(Even under the canopy, well below the lights) but the larger, more mature leaves aren’t affected.
I’ve been studying some photos of deficiencies/Excesses but I can’t quite figure it out. Potassium deficiency? Iron deficiency? I’m stumped.

18 days into flower yellowing tips iron deficiency
18 days into flower yellowing tips iron deficiency 2
18 days into flower yellowing tips iron deficiency 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

No, not an iron deficiency. This is nute burn.

DON'T DO ANYTHING DRASTIC, just ease off a little bit on the amount of nutes you are supplying. DO NOT FLUSH to reduce the nute levels, if you are in soil. Your plants are fine — they're just saying they are about at their limit for nutrient additions, for now.

G

GreenMtnHigh

No, not an iron deficiency. This is nute burn.

DON'T DO ANYTHING DRASTIC, just ease off a little bit on the amount of nutes you are supplying. DO NOT FLUSH to reduce the nute levels, if you are in soil. Your plants are fine — they're just saying they are about at their limit for nutrient additions, for now.
Thanks very much for the quick reply! I learned early in this grow that drastic is bad, so here I am! HA HA
I SHOULD be coming up on another watering in 24-48 hours. Do you recommend straight Ph’d water only this time around? 25% nutes? Any guidance is much appreciated.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thanks very much for the quick reply! I learned early in this grow that drastic is bad, so here I am! HA HA
I SHOULD be coming up on another watering in 24-48 hours. Do you recommend straight Ph’d water only this time around? 25% nutes? Any guidance is much appreciated.
In soil, I feed every other watering, unless I'm using an organic soil with lots of goodies in it that will last a few weeks. Then it's just pH'd water (not everyone bothers to pH in organic soil) and microbe recharges.

S

SlabHardcheese

thanks for posting this thread. I seem to have the exact same with my zskittlez auto in soil. They are in 5-gal fabric bags with only Indacanja supersoil and have looked pretty happy up til now. They are short having started flowering at day 18, and are showing the same yellowing of new growth after my last watering (which I didn't water for almost a week checking wetness and leaving them alone). It was basically including diluted humic acid (FulPlex gold), a touch of GH RapidStart and 2ml CaliMagic, 1ml Floralicious. Do you know if it can help to reduce the light? they are getting about 500par.

G

GreenMtnHigh

thanks for posting this thread. I seem to have the exact same with my zskittlez auto in soil. They are in 5-gal fabric bags with only Indacanja supersoil and have looked pretty happy up til now. They are short having started flowering at day 18, and are showing the same yellowing of new growth after my last watering (which I didn't water for almost a week checking wetness and leaving them alone). It was basically including diluted humic acid (FulPlex gold), a touch of GH RapidStart and 2ml CaliMagic, 1ml Floralicious. Do you know if it can help to reduce the light? they are getting about 500par.
Take my information with a grain of salt, but with the help of some more experienced growers, I have determined that it’s a very mild case of nutrient burn. The fact that it was also happening to the lower bud sites, well below the lights was the determining factor. I’m going to feed at 25% the recommended dose with my next watering and hopefully it works itself out. My issue hasn’t gotten any worse since my post. Good luck!

S

SlabHardcheese

Take my information with a grain of salt, but with the help of some more experienced growers, I have determined that it’s a very mild case of nutrient burn. The fact that it was also happening to the lower bud sites, well below the lights was the determining factor. I’m going to feed at 25% the recommended dose with my next watering and hopefully it works itself out. My issue hasn’t gotten any worse since my post. Good luck!
Thanks @GreenMtnHigh. I'll take that with a shot of tequila and lime too :) These autos are so small it freaks me out, but what do I know. I haven't grown in decades so... it's fun anyway. Maybe my genetics were weird. I thought they were from FastBud but I got them through weed-seeds.com and they don't disclose the source genetics for some reason.... Thing is I'm growing 2 plants in moss too (11 days older), all from same zkittlez auto seeds. The two soils are on day 32 and grown experimentally in pure sphagnum moss (not peat) as wicking system like the old phototrons did. I just wanted to see if I could come up with a good schedule for it using GH for fun. They are about 8 inches tall, at least a foot wide, and with LST have a bunch of bud sites and are doing pretty well. One looks sativa and the other more hybrid. The two soils (looking indica) are on day 21 now, but they started to bloom early (day 18) about 3 days after the older ones started on their day 28. Now I have two little 5 inch Christmas trees with a little bud on top LOL.

Is there a way the two younger plants would be stimulated to flower based upon the other older plants going into flowering? I really thought the soil was going to out grow the moss but apparently not. I probably just don't understand something though. Hmm. "FastBud"... do those generally grow small and bud fast? whatever. Live and learn! Probably I'll assure more solid genetics and understanding next time. thanks again!

edit: another thought. If humic acid improves nutrient intake maybe I shouldn't be giving it to the soil for awhile. they got a standard dose of FulPlex Gold (1Tbsp / gal) right before this started.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom